Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Epic pet drop

ErykesErykes
MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
in General Chat
like topic say pls post number if u counted ofc how many u catched to get epic pet here so far at near 20/50k of 3rd taming lvl.... still no epic pet... ppls told that in game is rng and i told for me is no, but now i know what they mean when it comes to pet catching... someone catch 1-2 pets just from 500 snares... and some arledy at 7-8k+ g3 still no epic pet....xD

Comments

• PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    I got my epic pet at 7,437 G3 snares. It was a daunting task that almost made me quit multiple times due to a certain someone in my guild catching over 13 epic pets within 25,000 snares. I am currently at ~8,500 while looking for my second one while still trying to make enough money to get to 7.8k GS. The RNG in this game is extremely unpredictable and unfulfilling. Some people catch their first epic within 1k snares and their second within 75 snares after that while others spend 10s of 100s of hours catching 5-20k pets without seeing one.
    ErykesBacoIcingcoldaylumos
  • PyahpyahPyahpyah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    3.5k snares and got 2 epics so far i got my first after 300 snares second tock lot longer about 2.5k snares and working on my third :D so its very rng indeed
  • IcingcoldIcingcold
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I spend 10k snares still no epic pet, lost money and get nothing, very bad game experience.
  • AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    I got mine within around 300 snares at Crooked Canyon lol. I bought 1k g3 snares off the BM and had like 700 left over.

Is that considered lucky...?
  • ShinyAfroShinyAfro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    The vast majority ingame when asked generally seem to be 1k or under but the vocal minority seem to be the people with absolute poor luck.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    I'm at 70k g3 snares and haven't gotten 1 epic pet.
  • ShinyAfroShinyAfro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    I'm at 70k g3 snares and haven't gotten 1 epic pet.

That's like 1.5 billion mesos spent
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    ShinyAfro wrote: »

That's like 1.5 billion mesos spent

Over 3.5 months.