Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

[POLL] How many of us are vets? (Played MS 1)

Comments

• HuyhnguyHuyhnguy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    I played maplestory 1, wasn't much of a grinder so I only had 1 lv 200ish character but I spent countless hours in FM earnin that $$ you know how I do dood. I
  • ImmortalImmortal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    I played in Windia (the first group to beat Horntail when it came out). I quit at 2nd ranked crossbowman, and 11th ranked bowman at level 186 back in the day. So close to being 200! I came back and got to 200 around 2013-2014, after the level cap increased. But I quit when the pay2win became crazy!
  • ElluvinneElluvinne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,015
    I'll likely play Wizard in MS2
  • Swagliciou5Swagliciou5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    I played MS1 starting in 2006 and stopped years ago, before Big Bang. I played pretty much all of the Explorer classes back then because there were only Explorers! :D I have no idea what I'll play in MS2
  • ClooneyTuneClooneyTune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    The real question is how many people played pre nexon takeover ;)
    Infektid
  • InfektidInfektid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    @Daxterbeer Did you start pre-bb or after? Yeah I was in the same boat, eventually ended up maxing a stupid amount of characters, did all of the explorers. Didn't max out any of the new classes that came out after the explorers tho.. I did play them all though. What are you thinking about starting off as in MS2?
  • InfektidInfektid
    @Huyhnguy hahaha I was all about that free market spamm!! @@@ then @@ to speed it up xD. What class did you 200? What are you thinking about starting off as in MS2?
  • InfektidInfektid
    @Immortal Scania here xD! Nice achievement!! I wasn't apart of any of the first completion groups but I kicked all of the bosses asses. Esp Papu, probably killed around 234234 of him xD. And of course Zakum, although he was lucky enough to not get destroyed over and over lol. Yeah the p2w got insanely stupid, killed it for a lot of people. What are you thinking of playing in MS2?

@Elluvinne Tele op haha :D!! I know it was in MS1 and I'm sure it will be in this one as well..

@Swagliciou5 Yeah the good ole days of just explorers and pre-bb... It got really hectic after bb, wasn't the same. I still played for a little bit after bb but it slowly got boring and died to me.. Maybe the class quiz will help you narrow it down on the 25th!

@ClooneyTune :D, before they decided money was more important than their community... They broke so many mapler hearts... I have faith they wont die it again tho!! Well my fingers are crossed :D
    Swagliciou5ImmortalElluvinne
  • MtrzcMtrzc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    i'm a 10+ year veteran. I remember coming home from middle school and logging on with all my friends from school to play! I haven't played much recently, because of work and college, but i'm really excited for this new game!
  • SleepyOneSleepyOne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    I was going to play MS1 many times but in the end I didn't. I regret a bit that I didn't play the game when it was at peak of its popularity as the game seemed fun.
  • BanCatzBanCatz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,235
    Since closed beta :D . Gonna go with my favorite Mage FTW.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 360
    Ayzawa wrote: »
    Going to play Thief again, too bad there's nothing silly like meso bombing to level.

I was really hoping for some more Savage Blow but I am disappointed.
    YesManJr
  • AgatiliasAgatilias
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    Just recently heard about this from my friends! I've always wanted to try out maplestory hehe.
  • MilkmaidMilkmaid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
    My first character was a Rogue with that sweet sweet Coconut Knife. I think I'd wanted to go for Magician but was intimidated by the harsh journey to level 8 with little to no dmg :-D Either way, a thiefy playstyle has never been for me, so I didn't stick around for long. This must've been in 2006 or so. Came back a few months later to finally make that Mage, and this time I stuck with my lil' Cleric until 2009. I only ever made it to level 67 because most of the time I'd just have my ass glued to a chair in Henesys or Free Market instead of grinding.

Had my fair share of heal-slaving back then. I'm looking for a free mix of CC/mobbing/big ass wep now, so I'm contemplating between Zerk and Heavy Gunner. Rune Blader looks good too, but I'm guessing the class won't be available in beta.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    Definitely! I played on and off from the beta of MS1.
  • CreyomCreyom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Played around the 2nd year of GMS, went with cleric but I sure as heck didn't have enough time to play the game, so I never went above 40.
  • InfektidInfektid
    @Mtrzc Such good times right!! I played for about 7 or so years. Post-bb really got to hectic, then came the super p2w gameplay and I took off. I'm super pumped as well!! The HYPE TRAIN is reallll :D. I hope to see you May 9th!!!

@SleepyOne Ehh it happens at least you made it here! I'm super excited its 3D and love the building blocks style. If you ever need any help with information or anything feel free to message/pm me on here or in game (when it starts :D). Hope to see you May 9th!!

@BanCatz Ohhhh another tele spamer xDD!! Time for closed beta round 2 :D! Mage really was fun and op tho, my fav was Ice/Light spec. Where you ice/light or fire/poison? I hope to see you May 9th!!

@Agatilias Welcome!! Glad to see you made it here. Have you got any clue what class your going to play on launch/Cbeta and I hope to see you there May 9th!!

@Milkmaid Hey heal slaves were and will always be needed :D. Yeah I hear you there, I would switch to dps too if I played heals in the first. Zerk looks really bad ass I won't lie. I'm almost 100% that will be my second class after I max out Sin and go wild with them. Yeah FM and HHG (Henesys Hunting Ground) were my all time favorite things to do to past the time, especially HHG. Everyone would come and go crazy... Good times.. Hope to see you May 9th!!

@Olujiwan Nice, another OG!!! Glad to see you came back for MS2, I know a lot of my friends that choose not to come back. What are you thinking of playing?? I hope to see you there on the 9th!!

@Creyom Yeah it was definitely time consuming.. Glad you at least played and I'm glad you came back!! You going for healer again?? I hope to see you there on the 9th!!
    Agatilias
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 865
    Infektid wrote: »
    @Daxterbeer Did you start pre-bb or after? Yeah I was in the same boat, eventually ended up maxing a stupid amount of characters, did all of the explorers. Didn't max out any of the new classes that came out after the explorers tho.. I did play them all though. What are you thinking about starting off as in MS2?

I did play before pre bb but didn't make any progress since I didn't have time to appreciate the game until I came up in Chaos and tried out Wild Hunter, Mechanic then I eventually I found Dual Blade, the class that fits me.
  • InfektidInfektid
    @Daxterbeer Yeah dual blade was amazing, that mobility, the passive drain HP (OP AF!!), and the avoid (3rd/4th job) was insane until the nerf.. Getting the books were annoying tho!
  • OpenOpen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,870
    I played MS1 quite a lot years ago. I think most people wanting to try out MS2 are old MS players.