Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

The worst DPS class is not Runeblader

PlaidKnightPlaidKnight
MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
edited 6:48PM January 4, 2019 in General Chat
Soul Binders were hilariously overhyped. Slowest 40 dash, awful cast times, damage loss against mobile targets, no on-demand AoE, poor single target damage, garbage utility, and a debuff that's utterly worthless if there's a Knight in the party and can be evaded for half a minute at a time. Easily the bottom of the totem pole in DPS, but apparently all the people saying they were utterly terrible at 60 cap and Awakening and below-average at their peak at level 80 pre-Awakening were saying that because we were min-maxing jerks in a game all about min-maxing damage. Don't even get me started on the people saying Striker will be fine without Awakening.

Comments

• DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 12:15PM January 4, 2019
    ??? Sb has it the easiest in finding pap parties along with priest/knight/archer
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Actually until you get to 7,800 GS, Soul Binder has the hardest time getting into chaos raids and dungeons due to the player base not understanding their role in a party. Soul Binders are a DPS class that can bring an important debuff at the expense of a chunk of their damage. You don't usually bring a SB to a raid for damage, you do it for the debuff that stacks with Knight's debuff. The damage output of a decent SB running the debuff build is similar to a DPS Priest/Knight. If you have two SBs in a raid, like priest, one can run the debuff and the other can go full damage. Full damage SB build when played well is almost on par with Archer and Rune Blader damage.

The reason they are treated like pre-buffed fairfight Thief is because they were released two months after the first 9 classes and had less time to acquire good stats/gem levels/epic pet. Outside of the top players and people that understand party compositions, SBs are not usually welcome in groups because they do less damage on average then the other classes. The mindset of most people is low damage = kick/ignore despite the 10% defense debuff the class brings that increases everyone else's damage.
    XtonyWittlePlushy
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,430
    edited 12:05PM January 4, 2019
    seeing threads like this teaches me why most other MMOs release new classes as intentionally overpowered before nerfing them down to be balanced.

Otherwise we get threads like this
    XtonyWittlePlushySnowyBug
  • StellaeoraStellaeora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    edited 12:28PM January 4, 2019
    I could go on and on about how SB's unique skillset makes it a versatile and perfectly good class with a unique niche and high desirability...but instead, I'll just post my evidence and let it speak for itself.

Without Soul Binder:
    1gilk2G.png

With Soul Binder:
    o8Elj3N.png

Obviously the party setup changed slightly but the difference is glaringly obvious when you compare each individual player's damage. Soul Binder debuff very clearly stacks with Knight debuff and are therefore well worth taking in any raid.
    UltralanWittlePlushy
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    If you thought Rune Blader was the worst DPS class, then you probably don't know how to play it properly. This class is one of the strongest if played right, but only a small percentage have been playing the class correctly.
    Ultralan
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    edited 3:23PM January 4, 2019
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    If you thought Rune Blader was the worst DPS class, then you probably don't know how to play it properly. This class is one of the strongest if played right, but only a small percentage have been playing the class correctly.

Maybe if they stopped using poopy Salvo, and having to stop to charge all the time.
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    edited 7:23PM January 4, 2019
    Stellaeora wrote: »
    I could go on and on about how SB's unique skillset makes it a versatile and perfectly good class with a unique niche and high desirability...but instead, I'll just post my evidence and let it speak for itself.

Without Soul Binder:
    1gilk2G.png

With Soul Binder:
    o8Elj3N.png

Obviously the party setup changed slightly but the difference is glaringly obvious when you compare each individual player's damage. Soul Binder debuff very clearly stacks with Knight debuff and are therefore well worth taking in any raid.

Your evidence clearly shows that Soul Binder is worst DPS lol. They are great as a support class, just not DPS.
  • SileriusSilerius
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    in order to anicancel you need to dash, and wasting dashes on chaos raids it's a bad idea
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    edited 7:48AM January 5, 2019
    PizzaBear wrote: »

Your evidence clearly shows that Soul Binder is worst DPS lol. They are great as a support class, just not DPS.

op thinks they're bad at support and dps, and the unedited post said soul binders are so bad that they have to buy cpap carries despite things like this being common https://i.imgur.com/GKmUkfC.png
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060

Without Soul Binder:
    1gilk2G.png

With Soul Binder:
    o8Elj3N.png

The extra dps people do because of the debuff counts as SB dps. And if that extra dps is more than a dps replacing sb then it’s worth it. Maybe use brain next time
  • SayakaSayaka
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Soul Binders were hilariously overhyped. Slowest 40 dash, awful cast times, damage loss against mobile targets, no on-demand AoE, poor single target damage, garbage utility, and a debuff that's utterly worthless if there's a Knight in the party and can be evaded for half a minute at a time. Easily the bottom of the totem pole in DPS, but apparently all the people saying they were utterly terrible at 60 cap and Awakening and below-average at their peak at level 80 pre-Awakening were saying that because we were min-maxing jerks in a game all about min-maxing damage. Don't even get me started on the people saying Striker will be fine without Awakening.
    Lol really, Soul Binder is about playstyle. The most customizable class in game rn. Thats why it really makes difference from soul binder to soul binder. Youll find a soul binder bonding enemies, and youll find another soul binder bonding allies. It all depends on the person here, not the class' fault.

• WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    edited 11:43AM January 7, 2019

Without Soul Binder:
    1gilk2G.png

With Soul Binder:
    o8Elj3N.png

Nowhere in this guys post did he say soul binders are a good dps. He's saying they're a good class and worth taking into raids while OP (despite the title name) is saying that soul binders are a trash class and useless
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Soul Binder is a good class and when geared and played well can perform similarly to other classes. At 7823 GS, 5.3% pierce, 11% boss damage, 96 accuracy, 15.4% magic piercing and 720 bonus damage, +15 epic weapon and level 35 epic pet my SB usually does 90-115m in Cdev and Cmoc. I don't play the class perfectly yet and still have to work on uptime + rotation. Given the opportunity to dps the boss and not have to be stuck on adds/other roles, I can see a SB do ~80% of the damage of their teammates while also providing the debuff every 30 seconds.