Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Old or new player?

DynóDynó
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
in General Chat
Just wanted to see how many people out there played MapleStory and the new people who are playing MapleStory2
Hyugashi
  1. Have you played the first MapleStory?80 votes
    1. Yes
       78% (62 votes)
    2. No
       23% (18 votes)

Comments

• ChibiNatureChibiNature
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    Old player here /o/

*waves cane*
    GodHands
  • DerpDerekDerpDerek
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 850
    To be honest, I have only played the first maplestory for a few months. Only because I went on to play other games where I knew more people in, community wise. To me it feels kinda difficult to join in on older communities for older games, but with this it feels like a fresh start to me and something where I can easily be apart of the community
  • DystopiqDystopiq
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Started playing MS1 in 06.
  • THEpalladiumTHEpalladium
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Even if it was a short stint a decade ago I played maple story. Honestly, I am surprised 40% (as of right now) didn't.
  • GloomGloom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,425
    edited 7:48PM April 18, 2018
    I played Maplestory 1 since pre-BB, so I'm an old player. But I'm not actually "old" in terms of "age", lol, I'm 24.
    EnchantedBoundlessUnlimitedWarmthDanDK
  • LuxAmariLuxAmari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,745
    Started playing maple in 2006!
  • LsazyLsazy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    MS1 has really been the only MMO I can come back to occasionally and after long periods of time and just enjoy grinding a new character and trying out new classes, haha.
  • Swagliciou5Swagliciou5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    edited 7:52PM April 18, 2018
    I played old MapleStory for years, started in like 2006-07 and quit when Big Bang came out and never went back :( excited for MS2 though!
  • SpakleFLameSpakleFLame
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I have played Maplestory 12 years and got quite a few characters but my 2 main chars are a Level 225 Lumi and Level 217 Blaze Wizard. I have a DK...I/L & F/P mages...Bishop...Cadena...Illium and other classes.
  • ElluvinneElluvinne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,015
    Old Player here!

On and Off at times, but I played through it for years.
  • AldebaranAldebaran
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,430
    Old player here. Played MS on and off since Beta. Played KMS2 for some time. I'm one of those old timers.
  • HyugashiHyugashi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Also played for awhile before pre-bb. Played some afterward but my most memorable memories were definitely before :PP
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    Old player
    I think i started playing maple 2006
  • Ryoukai50Ryoukai50
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Somewhat new. I played it back in 2006 but didn't heavily invested in Maple Story back in the day.
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    totally a new player, teach me senpais
  • FlorentiusFlorentius
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    I've played it before but not for that long.. Since many of my friends at the time played other MMORPG's.

So I switched and never really came back to it.. Still got some nice memories however!
  • Lady_KariLady_Kari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    I've been playing Maplestory 1 for a long time now. Like a few months before the pirate class came out.
  • MikuOllietMikuOlliet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,600
    I don't know what I was doing but I played the first MapleStory in 2009 with my uncle. Then like december of last year I made my own account and played for 2 months, and then just kinda stopped playing even though I did like the game. I think i'll stay active in this one though, due to everyone being on the same ground in the beginning, unlike when you start playing later on like I did with the first one.
  • WillhartWillhart
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    I'm very old maplestory player, and maplestory was the first mmorpg I have played. It's mostly thanks to my pc being unable to run many other games at the time. I was there on the first season before any added classes or the big changes on the world map.
  • JelledotJelledot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,305
    I played 1 a long time ago.. verrryyy long. But, this will basically just be new to me.