Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

[WINNERS] MapleStory 2 Gamepedia Event

Comments

• TycheTyche
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Kind of unfortunate that I can't log in to the wiki when I create an account through my twitch. Keep getting internal errors.
  • RainyRainy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 945
    Yay! I'm excited for this contest. Having a wiki is so important for a knowledgeable game community. I hope we'll eventually be able to have a feature like Guild Wars 2 where you can type "/wiki _item name__" and then have the relevant wiki page pulled up. That would be super amazing.

I am planning to contribute and join this contest, but how do we link our Gamepedia account with our Nexon account? Should we post our wiki username here?

Good luck everyone~
  • YuforiaYuforia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    lol dudes its a wiki
    Have you for real seen a game wiki where the creator write the content and not the players?
    I dont get this whole "company dont wanna do it so blá blá bla" thing
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    More like like absolute laziness telling players to do your wiki page but at the same time you do get exclusive prizes if u win
    WAtheAnumDanDK
  • AsmitaAsmita
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 605
    Error 10053 Wiki (?
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,285
    edited 2:39PM November 6, 2018
    GySgtACE wrote: »
    More like like absolute laziness telling players to do your wiki page but at the same time you do get exclusive prizes if u win

IF you win which is kinda a good point. I mean i bet a lot people are that stu- i mean going to write stuff now on the wiki "for free" and how many of them win? 10 in total? of How many who actually filled up the wiki? I mean i hope someone get this math ffs.
    DanDK
  • YuforiaYuforia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,295
    WAtheAnum wrote: »

IF you win which is kinda a good point. I mean i bet a lot people are that stu- i mean going to write stuff now on the wiki "for free" and how many of them win? 10 in total? of How many who actually filled up the wiki? I mean i hope someone get this math ffs.

Guys, its a wiki
    Wikis are all filled whitout any kind of contest on any media you see. Persona Wiki? Made by Persona players for free. Va11halla wiki? Made by Va11halla players for free, Naruto Wiki? Made by Naruto fans for free, you get the point. They are giving prizes to fans/players for something that is always made by the fans for free
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    edited 1:40AM November 7, 2018
    mhm majority of the Runeblader guides were so bad. and wrong. on so many points. like one of them claimed that 10 points in Crit rate = 1% crit rate? this isn't even remotely true. even wtih 180 points in crit the chance to crit is still only around 13%. from 5 - 13 . so only 8% for 180 points.

it seems 1% crit rate is 22.5 points. aka u need 900 for 40%.
    DanDK
  • WAtheAnumWAtheAnum
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,285
    Yuforia wrote: »
    WAtheAnum wrote: »

Guys, its a wiki
    Wikis are all filled whitout any kind of contest on any media you see. Persona Wiki? Made by Persona players for free. Va11halla wiki? Made by Va11halla players for free, Naruto Wiki? Made by Naruto fans for free, you get the point. They are giving prizes to fans/players for something that is always made by the fans for free

doesnt change the fact that they hype up people to do this and ONLY, again, ONLY 10 out of x people get rewards for. Noone else. As i know, for other games wiki, like in tf2, the "guy behind this" got a special item ingame and people who find bugs and like gets also something like but this is just another objective, here its like "a lot people do stuff BUT only 10 get a reward", which is wrong. There should be a fairness factor. all people who "really" does help at the wiki should get a special outfit or something.
    DanDKJadedMilkyMango
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,315
    edited 6:24PM November 8, 2018
    NXACuddles wrote: »
    Our wiki page is in need of updates and TLC

So does Mabinogi World Wiki, and that's a volunteer wikipedia.
    If your wiki is outdated and uncared for, then it's an indicator that you're severely lacking dedicated players and willing consumer base.
    Try and discover what the major problems are on the forums.
    (Endgame is dead due to nothing to do in housing. Oh, and level 50 Hard Mode is a problem for casual players. Also you're missing 10 levels worth of gear. UGC is crippled with 390 flat Listing/Relisting, and you have Style Crates... aka Gachaponogi 2.0.)
    WAtheAnumDanDKSeasider
  • MaloyMaloy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,290
    edited 12:22AM November 30, 2018
    Wiki name: Saxdude26

No guarantee that I'll have time to add what I want to, but made a start on fleshing out some NPC data.

As a thief, I wanted to give the Nightwalkers a little more attention. So I added a Trivia tab to the NPC template too.
  • CasszuneCasszune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    Welp today's the last day. I've put in a ton of work as CassidyAlacrity. I'll probably keep going even after this contest is over since it feeds into one of my favorite in-game activities anyway.
  • RainyRainy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 945
    Thanks for your hard work, everyone. It's pretty crazy how much more info the wiki has now compared to last month. Good luck all!

Here is my wiki handle: Evesolstice
  • UinixUinix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 900
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    mhm majority of the Runeblader guides were so bad. and wrong. on so many points. like one of them claimed that 10 points in Crit rate = 1% crit rate? this isn't even remotely true. even wtih 180 points in crit the chance to crit is still only around 13%. from 5 - 13 . so only 8% for 180 points.

it seems 1% crit rate is 22.5 points. aka u need 900 for 40%.

Btw the points in crits have diminishing returns until it reaches cap. Crit resist also affects crit rate, so technically they were right, but only for like the first like 20 points crit.
  • Gemster312Gemster312
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 585
    edited 9:43PM November 30, 2018
    This has been a super great experience and I can't wait to keep adding more over time :)
    Prime focus has been creating Location Maps, cleaning up/fixing up all Locations, and Golden Chests.

Wiki Handle: Gemster312
    (Note: When Wiki account was created, I accidentally used an older email, that email is NOT tied to my Maplestory 2 account).
    What a great community here :D
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    Oh a shame I missed it, what a fantastic idea for a competition.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
    Administrator
    edited 7:17PM December 12, 2018
    We will be announcing the winners of the Gamepedia event by the end of this week!! Thank you everyone for your patience.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    As an update for this contest, Gamepedia will be reaching out to the winners early next week for information. We will formally announce the winners on the forums early next week as well.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    Hey Maplers! Finally we can announce the winners of the MapleStory Gampedia Event. We are still collecting IGNs and Server Names, so, for now, we can only provide the Gampedia usernames of the winners! Here they are:

Grand Prize Winners:
    Chetfreeze
    Yadonakimika
    Elaeagnifolia
    Chupalika
    Gemster312

Runner-Ups:
    Ferthi
    Evesolstice
    KimekOwnz
    CassidyAlacrity
    Wataryuki

*** We are still collecting information from each of the winners. We are also following up with our Developer Studio on the special name tag badge. Once we can confirm this information, we can issue out the prizes.

• NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Administrator
    As an update for the winners of the event, the special custom name badge will be available at the end of January. We'll keep you posted on when they are all sent out to your characters! :-)
This discussion has been closed.