During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

Brown Bamboo Hat isn't dropping

CattersCatters
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
in Bug Reporting
I understand that personal circumstances arn't true evidence but...

20181020_230632_05.jpg

Not only have I killed it this many times but plenty of other plays have killed it 100-200+ times with no result as well, along with the item not appearing at all in the Encyclopedia when searched despite being a normal headgear item.
20181021_131013_00.jpg

If anyone at all has found the hat please post it here so we can dispel this!
ReploidShamCosmicRoseSpecksShaaaaarkKhongikitcalie

Comments

• ReploidShamReploidSham
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,670
    Can confirm. I pitched along for over a hundred of the runs because it was getting to the point where Catters' health was suffering.

Though, I kinda wanted to see the hat, too.
  • PostLuxPostLux
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    I've been killing zombie mushmom ever since I reached about lv 40. I didn't even bother doing rest of epic quests, etc. I thought if I grind about a hundred I should be able to get one, seeing how there's report of getting one after killing 90 in KMS2. Now I'm lv 60 .... I've noted how the level of equipment dropped increased to match my level, which made me worried my level may be too high for bamboo hat. Until early lv 50s, I've confirmed occasional drop of exceptional items (the blue ones) and they were all fixed to lv 32.

Now reports of getting bamboo hat in KMS2 are from when level cap was 40. Those people could grind for weeks without worrying about reaching too high of level. If getting to level 60 makes me unable to get bamboo hat, this item may basically be impossible to obtain. Just in case, I've made a new character and started grinding zombie mushmom from lv 30.

Part of me is happy this item is extremely rare. It would make my character really standout from the crowd ("unique" looks right now are too limited. everyone's either maple-armored, halloween, exploration set, surprisingly consistent styles of meret outfit, or just class outfits). I would continue to grind if it's just matter of extremely low drop rate (I've only got handful of exceptional equipment, it just happened to be other armor pieces. I think if I hit on exceptional head piece, it would be the bamboo). Like OP, any confirmation of this actually dropping in GMS2 would keep me motivated.
  • ShaaaaarkShaaaaark
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    Haven't killed as many but I'm also convinced it's bugged out.

MapleStory2_2018-10-25_22-24-38.png
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    Bump, I'm interested in this item.
  • FlameuseraFlameusera
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    I haven't been able to find one for my dexless sin outfit either. Can we get a confirmation on this?
  • CattersCatters
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    Pack it up guys, I got confirmation after sending in a ticket.

unknown.png
    DanDKCariseiBananaCatChernobyteNamityKhongi
  • FlameuseraFlameusera
    Catters wrote: »
    Pack it up guys, I got confirmation after sending in a ticket.

unknown.png

That's such depressing news...
  • KhongiKhongi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    bet it's the same with king slime's crown :(
  • SeriousREALSeriousREAL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Has the brown bamboo hat included in the drop tables yet?

-necro-
  • MaiievMaiiev
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
  • PatrickJSPatrickJS
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    Nexon pruned a lot of the collectible items, both from dropping and from being Anviled / Glamour Forged.
    Things like Captain Moc's Coat/Bottoms, Brown Bamboo Hat, Davorak's Staff/Scepter aren't able to be gotten. Before the SkyFort Phase 2 update, some were listed as a drop from a dungeon, and if you inquire about it via ticket, they'll tell you it's "RNG and you might not get it as fast as you want, such is the nature of RNG" or some stupid method of dismissal. They'd even assure you that the item DOES drop, after significant amounts of prodding to make them "check".
    Later on we found out they never dropped, and they were just lying about it.

Sooooo, if I were you, I'd give up until Nexon get's desperate for cash, and finds some way to monetize these types of items.
  • SlimefaceSlimeface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    Nexon is in the process of being sold Once it's sold and Monetization is implemented, you'll get all the garbage you want for $$$>
  • SeriousREALSeriousREAL
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    edited 7:56AM September 29, 2019
    So.. I left after i posted in this thread.. It has been some time now.. is the brown bamboo hat FINALLY out yet? or im going to give up on returning.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,245
    Administrator
    So.. I left after i posted in this thread.. It has been some time now.. is the brown bamboo hat FINALLY out yet? or im going to give up on returning.
    Overworld drop table is currently being discussed as of a couple weeks ago. As of right now, the item is not currently available to drop.