Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

What's up with the low population?

IinkIink
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
edited 5:07PM December 26, 2018 in General Chat
A month ago there seemed to be way more people. It's exponentially shrinking.

Steam players
October 2018: 20,000 players
November 2018: 11,000 players
Last 30 Days: 5000 players
https://steamcharts.com/app/560380

Maybe it's time to cut the channels down from 50 to 15. A lonely game feels dead and empty :/ Also I don't know why the developers thought it would be a good idea to make 50 channels when they decided to separate NA East and NA West, they should have halved the channel count.
DanteYoda

Comments

• MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,295
    The game is in rapid decline. I hear they have something planned on January to try and boost the population again. We will see.
    Einomirta000DefraglifeShadowsBenea
  • IinkIink
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
    MochiAi wrote: »
    The game is in rapid decline.
    This is depressing.

Pkmdzmirta000RubizeDefraglifeShadowsBeneaJaybok
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    Iink wrote: »
    This is depressing.

I mean they can make this game so much better.. the problem is nexon is just being nexon and can't get a thing right.
    PkmdzArSkuldermirta000Karma93DanDKShadowsBeneaRicoLouisJaybok
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    This is depressing.

This entire game is becoming depressing. Took 46 mins to kill Amadon yesterday. That was so much fun.
    EinoPkmdzdielemonmirta000
  • MessMakerMessMaker
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    The game is leaving out. Your comparing the initial release rush to the current player base. They have also been fighting off thousands and thousands of bots daily.
    Anura_
  • RyunaRyuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    Clericeru wrote: »
    This is depressing.

This entire game is becoming depressing. Took 46 mins to kill Amadon yesterday. That was so much fun.

Yeah, they really need to do something when it comes to world bosses now. Fairfight might need a nerf now.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    Ryuna wrote: »
    Clericeru wrote: »
    This is depressing.

Yeah, they really need to do something when it comes to world bosses now. Fairfight might need a nerf now.

LMAO 46 minutes is hilarious. The server I am playing on isn't as bad yet but dang 46 minutes... I think EU and OCE needs a merge.
    Karma93
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 6:29PM December 26, 2018
    Bots, RMT, players losing motivation... yeah that's a big reason why we're losing players so fast.
    Meso_Manmirta000
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Yea... the game is on depression right now.

Not like a medical term depression but like... population crashing depression.
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    This is depressing.

I mean they can make this game so much better.. the problem is nexon is just being nexon and can't get a thing right.

And you are being a topical little boy who complain to everything no matter what Nexon do lol just delete the game a get the outa here
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    FeifeiDu wrote: »

And you are being a topical little boy who complain to everything no matter what Nexon do lol just delete the game a get the outa here

"And you are being a typical little boy who complain about everything, no matter what Nexon does. lol. Just delete the game and get outta here."

At least try to sound intelligent if you want to call someone a little boy ;) Because right now you sound a little "low" if you know what I mean. *wink wink*
    PkmdzCryotronSimonamirta000Garb
  • UltimaPiUltimaPi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    Just think, school hasn't started up yet.
  • sader1992sader1992
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,225
    cuz players want something and devs do the opposite :P
    so the player base waiting for a change , this what I think(MY OPINION)
    Karma93GarlicBreadGarb
  • EsferEsfer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    The game is in rapid decline. I hear they have something planned on January to try and boost the population again. We will see.

However that content will only be available to the top 1% which will again lead to further decline. They dont seem to understand that they need to focus on actual gameplay content that's not ladder based. Like give us guild wars!
    EinoGarb
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Honestly, IMO the overabundance of RNG elements without an alternate surefire progression system (gemstone upgrades, socket unlocking, even revealing B4s) is a far more pressing issue than bots are. At this rate, there won't be a population to come back to once the bots are gone, and the economy's fucked as it is already. Shifting focus to RNG for a while won't hurt it any more than it is.
    Thendriksmirta000Garb
  • DeadDreamDeadDream
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,140
    I dont play from month now. RNG killed me and my friends... no luck... doing 700+ hard dungeons for what ? for nothing..... ( losing onyx at upgrade... ) never got B4 key... only 70+ b1... logging everyday and doing only 1 dungeon everyday isnt fun... Its like work login.. do hard dungeons and daily and log off no time for minigames gathering etc .... not every1 play 5h+ everyday
    Karma93KinlaGarb
  • ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    Kewkky wrote: »
    Honestly, IMO the overabundance of RNG elements without an alternate surefire progression system (gemstone upgrades, socket unlocking, even revealing B4s) is a far more pressing issue than bots are. At this rate, there won't be a population to come back to once the bots are gone, and the economy's fucked as it is already. Shifting focus to RNG for a while won't hurt it any more than it is.

A real progression system would be a good start. But the real problem will be the lack of content. The raids are just short DPS/gear races without any good mechanics aside from cpaps third phase. The minigames are garbage. We lost all open world team content with the implementation of Fair Fight for the new world bosses. Housing can be fun for a short while. PvP is unbalanced, unfun and will not be repaired for a long time. Dark Descent is only fun for the top 10 players. Sky Fortress part 1 is a complete disaster, adding another extremely unrewarding daily/weekly grind to (probably) unlock the next raid.

Fixing RNG will do nothing if they don't add good content for progression. I don't want to farm Treva for 10 random dust per box or get scammed in B4 runs because my gems have a non RNG progression system. And I don't want to bash my head into level 5 mobs to grind out Sky Fortress missions because my gear will gain +0.1% boss damage per 10000 kills. Farming 1000x dungeons to get a guaranteed 3 socket accessory is also not on my "to do list".
    dielemon
  • EsferEsfer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    DeadDream wrote: »
    I dont play from month now. RNG killed me and my friends... no luck... doing 700+ hard dungeons for what ? for nothing..... ( losing onyx at upgrade... ) never got B4 key... only 70+ b1... logging everyday and doing only 1 dungeon everyday isnt fun... Its like work login.. do hard dungeons and daily and log off no time for minigames gathering etc .... not every1 play 5h+ everyday
    DeadDream wrote: »

Let's all be brutally honest.

This game has very little enjoyable content. The only way for them to make you stay with little content is to force time/rng/pitygrind gating.

Nexon cant seem to get this into their head: the replayability of mmos wre based around social gameplay such as massive party pvp, guild pvp or guild conquest.
  • CaIypsoCaIypso
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    edited 10:08AM December 28, 2018
    It went from what was implied to be a casual-social game to needing something with a <.05% drop rate to pull your own weight dps-wise in the last raid

and that they tried to make a game where progression is predominantly rng competitive but then you can also literally be recorded macro/botting or buy meso (specifically from bot sites since impossible to stop player to player rmt) and get away with it
    mirta000
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    their plans better have something to do with the RNG or time-gate.... or the goddamn fairfight on worldboss…