Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

My suggestions before quitting

PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
in Suggestions and Feedback
Ok let's be honnest, everyone is quiting, and there are many reasons, AND you, nexon , already know them.
i'm not here to give answers or whatever, i'm here to be read by nexon and i hope you will save ms2.

Problems:
1.Too many farming, not enought fun , too many and too poor RNG, always , forever. everyday, everyweek, we are doing the SAME THING, forever. no fun at all, we just feel like human bots.

2.People that did the dark descent the first week have snowball the game at a hell level, we cannot enter in the ranking at all. please check the names and u'll see that the first players to have beat the papulatus are on first dark descent winners

3.First players, like me, that have tryhard the game, that have past many hours, days, and weeks to farm a level 15 weapon and stuff, you dont respect us, no you DONT RESPECT US. new players are +15 in 2 days with christmas event, what about us? we are the founders, we are the first hour players. i personally have waited that game for 5 years.

4.we are doing all your quests everyday like robots, and what do we win? poor stuff with crazy low RNG, too low for us, there are many games that make us smile instead of crying.

5.Not enought things to do , and other things:
- chaos raids, not enought people in the game to have fun with (cuz of your choices)
- daily missions and sky fortress daily (we are fkin tired of them for again a poor rng on scrolls)
- farming pet (lol , welcome rng)
- farming dungeon (always the same)
- no business possible on blackmarket , too many restrictions and bind on character items.
- u are fighting bots but killing the game the same way
- poor farming life skill system
- no grinding and looting on maps , no shared exp, fair fight

Now you know the problems, read the solutions.

Solutions:

1.Too many farming, not enought fun , too many and too poor RNG, always , forever. everyday, everyweek, we are doing the SAME THING, forever. no fun at all, we just feel like human bots.
Make things winnable without rng? get the rates UP , let people farm on maps, with honnest %drop , delete some quest on daily / sky fortress, there ARE TOO MUCH. i want to farm items or whatever on maps with friends, exp , loot stuff and sell them on market (no more binds on loot)

2.People that did the dark descent the first week have snowball the game at a hell level, we cannot enter in the ranking at all. please check the names and u'll see that the first players to have beat the papulatus are on first dark descent winners.
Change the dark descent system , limit the ex winners to win too shortly again.

3.First players, like me, that have tryhard the game, that have past many hours, days, and weeks to farm a level 15 weapon and stuff, you dont respect us, no you DONT RESPECT US. new players are +15 in 2 days with christmas event, what about us? we are the founders, we are the first hour players. i personally have waited that game for 5 years.
Just respect us, stop giving all stuff to new players, this is not the solution.
give something to oldest players , and true stuff, not poor mounts or whatever

4.we are doing all your quests everyday like robots, and what do we win? poor stuff with crazy low RNG, too low for us, there are many games that make us smile instead of crying.
LESS DAILY QUEST ,LESS DAILY SKY FORTRESS MISSIONS, BRING THE FUN TO MS2 , REMOVE LIMITS ON SALES, REMOVE BIND ON LOOT . (bots? not our problem, dont make players pay for your problems)

- chaos raids, not enought people in the game to have fun with (cuz of your choices)
- daily missions and sky fortress daily (we are fkin tired of them for again a poor rng on scrolls)
- no business possible on blackmarket , too many restrictions and bind on character items.

-bring back players on the game with real events, real winnings, get out the strikers with an update with all i said here and u'll see the results.
-less daily things to do like robots, we are not robots.
-get the % of epic pet loot UP and another way to get one
-farming dungeon is always the same, everyone doing the same, please make an universal BOX that you get in every dungeon for a weapon of your choice.
-REMOVE binds on loot, all that things serve you to fight bots, but its not our problem? that ruins our gaming experience. a game without possible business........its part of the game eh !
- put some ressources in maps, not everything in our house, what is that idea? who got that idea ?.....
- and the best idea again, for me, let people farm on maps with friends, share their EXP and give a bonus for players in party like in MS1 , make drops sellable, let players do what they want, no limit, no restrictions. again, bots are your problems, not ours.

for now, we are quitting
good bye nexon.

ArSkulderKarma93DefraglifeZZZzzzPkmdzDanDKCodeLimeDeernissCursedKitsuClericeru

Comments

• XBishXBish
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    Can I have your stuff?
    RainbroGarbKarma93ValkiryeValchirion
  • StellaeoraStellaeora
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    edited 6:50PM December 24, 2018
    Dark Descent is all skill and strategy, by the way. You can reach 7.5~8m score without any legendary gear whatsoever. Armor doesn't matter since literally everything oneshots you past a certain point, and DPS doesn't matter because there is no time penalty in DD and you can take as long as you want to complete each floor. It only matters for the bonus rounds which only make up a tiny percentage of your overall score anyway.

I therefore dissent with your opinion that Dark Descent is somehow the realm of super elites only. No. It's just that there's a strong correlation between people with the skill to reach Floors 20+ in DD and people with the skill to maximize their class's DPS potential (and therefore be able to pull their weight in Papulatus raids).

They really should make a slightly weaker version of the belt available through the Havi Fruit shop, though.

Source: Myself. Progressed to top 10 in DD without any prior experience from other regions. Got rank 81 in Season 2 -> Rank 19 in Season 3 -> Rank 7 in Season 4 -> Rank 6 in Season 5 -> Rank 4 in Season 6.
    CryotronValkirye
  • RainbroRainbro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 220
    The only thing I have to mention is #3

The reason they did this is BECAUSE of the founders. All these elites are looking for +15s, certain damage qualifiers to join their parties. New players are completely alienated from joining parties aside from their own parties. Their parties with what people? The population has dwindled incredibly and there aren't many new players joining. That paired with elites kicking/complaining about people trying to progress and not having +15s despite probably being an alt and knowing the mechanics.

This game has essentially been ruined by the community but for good reason. It's the repetitive nature that's brought this upon us.
    DefraglifeCursedKitsu
  • ShinyAfroShinyAfro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    edited 12:34AM December 25, 2018
    Ok let's be honnest, everyone is quiting, and there are many reasons, AND you, nexon , already know them.
    i'm not here to give answers or whatever, i'm here to be read by nexon and i hope you will save ms2.

Problems:

2.People that did the dark descent the first week have snowball the game at a hell level, we cannot enter in the ranking at all. please check the names and u'll see that the first players to have beat the papulatus are on first dark descent winners

Now you know the problems, read the solutions.

Solutions:

Make things winnable without rng? get the rates UP , let people farm on maps, with honnest %drop , delete some quest on daily / sky fortress, there ARE TOO MUCH. i want to farm items or whatever on maps with friends, exp , loot stuff and sell them on market (no more binds on loot)

2.People that did the dark descent the first week have snowball the game at a hell level, we cannot enter in the ranking at all. please check the names and u'll see that the first players to have beat the papulatus are on first dark descent winners.
    Change the dark descent system , limit the ex winners to win too shortly again.

Just respect us, stop giving all stuff to new players, this is not the solution.
    give something to oldest players , and true stuff, not poor mounts or whatever

LESS DAILY QUEST ,LESS DAILY SKY FORTRESS MISSIONS, BRING THE FUN TO MS2 , REMOVE LIMITS ON SALES, REMOVE BIND ON LOOT . (bots? not our problem, dont make players pay for your problems)

-bring back players on the game with real events, real winnings, get out the strikers with an update with all i said here and u'll see the results.
    -less daily things to do like robots, we are not robots.
    -get the % of epic pet loot UP and another way to get one
    -farming dungeon is always the same, everyone doing the same, please make an universal BOX that you get in every dungeon for a weapon of your choice.
    -REMOVE binds on loot, all that things serve you to fight bots, but its not our problem? that ruins our gaming experience. a game without possible business........its part of the game eh !
    - put some ressources in maps, not everything in our house, what is that idea? who got that idea ?.....
    - and the best idea again, for me, let people farm on maps with friends, share their EXP and give a bonus for players in party like in MS1 , make drops sellable, let players do what they want, no limit, no restrictions. again, bots are your problems, not ours.

for now, we are quitting
    good bye nexon.

1. I am fine with RNG as long as it is reasonable, but i agree with you on the grind. Dungeons should feel more rewarding and less like chores we must do. For the love of god, remove fair fight. I would carry randos all day if i could solo rog in 5 minutes flat. All they have to do it like 50% damage between the 3 of them and i would be very pleased with them.

2. I agree, i think stuff like good PvE gear should be obtainable not relative to other players, but by a solid ranking. make a solid goal for us to reach to obtain the belt and give out cosmetics for the winners as a new rewards instead.
    We shouldn't be punished for not wanting to play a different game mode, like how PvE gear has no effect in PvP, We shouldn't be forced to get to top 10 in DD which the only point of it is to get a single belt so you can do other content.

3. Hypocritical when you consider point 2. But these are hopefully one time give aways and really, they benefit your alts. If they remove FF and with all these +15 users, we would not need this system as players such as myself would just solo ROG with an open party so newbies can join and leech of my runs for free.

4. See #1.

5. I agree they should add more content, but that comes with time.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    :p headstart player here... im currently at 5900gs trying to do ncmoc while most if not all meso buyers get cpap done weekly
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    WallSeries wrote: »
    :p headstart player here... im currently at 5900gs trying to do ncmoc while most if not all meso buyers get cpap done weekly

everyone has a story like this to tell , please nexon, react and save the game ! at least for fair fight it can be rebalanced ...
  • PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    If changes are made they better compensate those who farmed thousands of dungeons, quests, pets, etc.

Why? You've been having so much fun doing those things, haven't you?
  • ValkiryeValkirye
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Clericeru wrote: »
    If changes are made they better compensate those who farmed thousands of dungeons, quests, pets, etc.

Why? You've been having so much fun doing those things, haven't you?

While everyone is sitting on the forums talking about the could haves, should haves, would haves, you can just play the game like everyone else or fall behind. MS2 isn't for everyone. I think pbskids.org has some games that would suit you!

A lot of the things listed in this thread are asking to make things easier, faster, 'better, which in turn will devalue anything that gives you significant sense accomplishment.

This. If you don't like the game, quit. The game is 100% free. You literally don't need money to enjoy the full extent of the game, and there is no pay to win. There will ALWAYS be game currency sellers and bots. No one can stop that, only hinder it. RNG and item binding work as a way to level the playing field, or at least it attempts to be. That way, no mater who you are, you always get the same shot as ANYONE in the game.

You don't like the repetitive tasks? Don't do them. Quit. It's really simple. When I get tired of this game I'll leave it behind.

Imagine they implement a progression on top of RNG; now people complain that they don't have as much time; that it's unfair to people who have jobs, family, etc.

There are always going to be people like you. People that can't think before they type, that can't enjoy a game for what it is. That always find something to complain about and then rant with the subpar grammatical and sentence building skills of a 3rd grader. Go play a solo game, where you don't have to suffer due to lack of skill, internet connection, computer hardware, and other people. I don't understand your masochism.

The first guild I joined instantly ostracized me for not doing well on my first 2 runs of cdev when it came out. The leader had some anger management issues and stressed out so much about it. And guess what? I left, because I didn't like it. Now I'm in a top 10 guild and enjoying the game with people who are surprisingly enough, pretty relaxed.

This is a problem about you, and not the game, even when the game has issues.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    I'm sorry I have better gear than some players...
  • CodeLimeCodeLime
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 880
    edited 6:12PM December 26, 2018
    I stopped playing for a week now. I havn't played hardcore in over a month. This game is a shitshow of players that think they know whats best for a game but once nobody is playing they will dump it too.
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    its not about a hard or easy game, its about RANDOM NUMBER GENERATION.
    you can be the better farmer ever, if you have no luck you are a sh!t, no matter if you are a good player or a casual.

bye
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    you can be the better farmer ever, if you have no luck you are a sh!t, no matter if you are a good player or a casual.

bye

Ur only using rng as an excuse, all these complains bottom line wants progression faster and ur exaggerating rng beyond what it actually is. If nexon remove all the bonus attribute and placed static lines onto legendary gear/effect and the gear itself is the value instead of bonus attributes then they will change chaos raid loot table, you won't be getting the armor right a way, and in fact probably take longer than rng it self will play out. Do you really think nexon will hand u a full set of static godly armor in a week of chaos raids? simple answer no they won't and neither will any mmo u have or are going to play in ur life. The problem isn't with rng, the problem is ms2 new players think they are entitled to catch up to players that have played for years in a week, well obviously ms2 hasn't been out for that long. And the hard truth is no game will.
  • RisingD4rKRisingD4rK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    XBish wrote: »
    Can I have your stuff?

Is character bind you cant have it =/
  • RisingD4rKRisingD4rK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    edited 9:30AM December 28, 2018

bye

you also forget one thing... players are toxic af in this game ...even more toxic than LoL/ Dota2
  • CursedKitsuCursedKitsu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    The issue I have in that I feel like nexon is too focused on how to get everyone on the same level rather then improving the content they have. Giving away things like +10 on scrolls and extra is helpful for new players and peoples alts. It doesn't change the content we have still remains almost the same, same old dailies, etc, etc.

Of course correct me if I wrong but stuff like life skills are a pain, I would have to devote a lot of time everyday for a chance to get a decent item or make a few potions (when i can get better or the same potions through events). If I do not farm daily I will not be able to gain any thing from it, I was bored of Dungeons so I tried this and this is even more boring with little reward for me anyways.

Also the monsters in the maps (Overworld) have almost no use, only use I have seen for them are for dailies or quests. Since Lvling by music is nerfed as hell, can you give us another way to level fast other than the quest line? Please give the monsters some exp boost. Party Quests like in maplestory 1 would be nice too.

Either ways this game is still new, so we will just have to wait and see what they bring out.