Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Amazing Event :)

Comments

• DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    i thought i was unlucky spending 18m for an overall 2% gain in range damage
  • ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    I think you guys are reading too much into this. The people who are getting the stats or gear they want don't come to forums to complain or post videos about it. Instead they just keep playing the game until they have bad luck. If you wanna measure whether the rng is truly bias or not have someone "well known" start a poll in the actual game where you can reach a bigger audience.

It is 100% confirmed that the lowest rolls have a much higher chance to reroll than the highest rolls. This is based on personal, guild, reddit and forum users experience. We don't need an illumijoddy to tell us how mechanics work that we experience every week. We don't need a NEXON employee to tell us that the RNG is fair when we have evidence that it's not fair.

The biggest problem is that the american devs and community managers don't know how their own game works. And how could they? It's developed in korea and they are adapting but never getting a real grip on core mechanics because that's not in their power/skill to change.

And this is why I think this event is a complete trash fire. The value of this event is around 200M meso. TWOHUNDRED MILLION MESO. You will burn through this within 10 minutes and it sucks. It will leave you with no feeling of achievement when you get something out of it and if you get no upgrades you will feel like absolute garbage, knowing you trashed up to 200M meso of material.
    DanDK
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    Most of the people who have bad rng just quit without saying anything
  • OhmygodOhmygod
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 695
    yudc wrote: »
    Most of the people who have bad rng just quit without saying anything

Shh. Those 25k players were all bots. You know only the vocal minority ever complains about games.
  • BadRoleBadRole
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    BadRole wrote: »
    I think you guys are reading too much into this. The people who are getting the stats or gear they want don't come to forums to complain or post videos about it. Instead they just keep playing the game until they have bad luck. If you wanna measure whether the rng is truly bias or not have someone "well known" start a poll in the actual game where you can reach a bigger audience.

true that, some people have good luck. But MS2 stats system are heavily based on luck, over time people with bad luck wont get stats that they want and end up giving up.

for me, getting two +15 weapon with good stats is way easier than getting 1 accessory with 3 slot with both purple stats that you want.

I play a lot of MMORPG but, MS2 is the 1st game that limit player from getting the stats that they want. I get it why, because if everyone get what they want, they there is no balance. From what I see stats system of this game itself is what causing limitation for player to get a build that they want to play. Piercing is the most OP stats in the game, even Priest try to top piercing stats. If MS2 create a system that reward player hard work by providing 100% chance to get max stats of their choice, then everyone will be running with max piercing stats. Hence, RnG system exist to control this.

I failed 12+ enhance 20 times on my main (shes 15 now no worries) and still no epic pet. Meanwhile my friend caught his third epic pet, one friend rerolled like 0.3 shy of max boss damage and max piercing (using the free reroller they gave us), and one has boss damage on most of his legendary gear despite barely running chaos dungeons and never rerolling the gear before. I'm fine with rng but it can be extremely frustrating.

One of the reason i didn't bother doing raid is, I don't want to disappoint myself with RNG again on new piece of gear.

Glad pet lvling is not RNG tough, I wonder what happen if they add fail rate on pet fusion. Eyyyyy more RNG for us to experience
  • AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    I opened all 3 sockets on my Pendant and Earrings without ever failing the unlocking of the 3rd or 2nd socket.

Only used like 8 max of each accessory.
  • MercedesNoLongerMercedesNoLonger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,135
    Pkmdz wrote: »
    It's just a band aid give away as usual. If anything is going to change it will likely be announced next year or else probably.

This is exactly what I've been saying, they think this free event is good and some people keep eating it up lmao