Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

December 19th Scheduled Maintenance

Comments

• VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Based on my observations, when there are more people in the map, more hungry pets spawn. It may not be a bad thing for pet farming. Not sure about the bosses situation.

Well that's wrong...I mean partially correct but in general wrong. Pet's spawn in the same way mobs spawn. If you clear the map pets spawn faster so I guess in theory more people = more pet spawns but that also means WAY less of a chance of catching the pet because multiple people running around. Also gold chests that are on a global timer will almost never be found at least on the maps that it's worth farming them.
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Deidein wrote: »
    Of course it is. Pet farming for one. I don't know how the spawn rate works, but right now it's bad enough having to cycle through 60 channels to find the pet spawns (esp. on pets that ONLY spawn in one place)

You know if you kill things for like, a couple minutes max, pets will spawn, right?

You know that makes no sense right? Yes they will spawn max pets but if you have 5 people sitting in your map what are the odds you'll get to the pet before any of them? WAY lower than it is currently. Not sure if you played MS1 but prepare yourself for some hefty trolling and the elitists taking your channels. Just like in Ms1 I would run with my guild and boot the lower tier players off the maps we needed to farm because we out damage them so it's easy to just bully and take channels for yourselves. This is going to happen here now as well lol. 100% going to see top guilds that actually pet farm booting people off maps. I know I'll be joining in on that because now it's all business. I gotta make my mesos so it's not personal :)
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Pet spawns are directly tied to the number of mob packs a zone has. That's why Aurora Laboratory is so popular due to how numerous and dense mob spawns there are and the fact that the pet can spawn from any of those packs.
    Sherri
  • Karma93Karma93
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    The strange fact here is that "elite players" are complaining, meanwhile people that just play for fun and in many other threads have already explained what are the problems of the game, are quite chill and rational.

No population= less server, what the hell did you expect? that an enormous company like Nexon waste thousand of dollars/euro for? the glory of 1k Elite players + 2k random players?

Mate, please use the logic a lil bit, all the complainers that in the last 3 weeks literally every day say the same s***t on the forum are not all a bunch of dumb humans xD or "child" that want everything NOW...It seems the opposite right now.

There are players that till yesterday can't find a single party for a Hard Dungeon....
    Players that don't know why they have do 102938901248 dailies for 2k gold + 2k reputation in skybound expansion...
    of course, RNG is another huge problem for all that all we know....and all day we are trying to fight back...But if MS2 doesn't collect/gather new players , in 3 months they will refund everybody and bye bye xD.(And I am saying this with an enormous affection for the game).

Botters are another topic that.... meh, I doubt that is the fault of new players or noobs ....Surely, a noob that can't do a single dungeon will never pay for mesos/items in the actual game's state...meanwhile a super cocky veteran player surely will!.

So please take this server reduction as a warning for the toxic behavior a lot of players have on this game...the more the difference between the veteran players and the new arrivals will grow, the more the game will approach its closure.

Cheers mates=)!

Sherri