Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Party finder bug and RMT

MiskyMisky
MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
edited 4:43AM December 19, 2018 in Bug Reporting
For some time there's been a glitch which enables players to have their groups listed in party finder even if they are disconnected.
I don't know how to reproduce the bug so if someone has any information, it would be great for solving this issue.
Anyway, some people have started to abuse this (particularly meso sellers and raid carry groups) and listed groups with 9 low level/alt characters to promote their business.
The implications of why this is bad for the game community are obvious. You can't report or hide these groups so if you are looking for a party they will always pop up, and also they are clearly abusing a bug to gain a benefit from practices that most of the time involve RMT.

TpXKpXx.png

Comments

• InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    That issue should be fixed yes, workaround would be to not sort by most members. I always change it to Newest. Would be nice if they saved what you sort on so you dont have to change it all the time though.
  • XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Nexon should Swing the banhammer more often.
  • LazyBoyQuanLazyBoyQuan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    I know that if your party leader dc / leaves, the game will choose someone else in the party as leader and that will also be reflected in the party finder. Since there are typically multiple of people in the party, the listing will stay up. That doesn't sound like a glitch, as when you join a party through one of these listings, your intended purpose of joining in the first place shouldn't change just because the original leader leaves / dc.

Btw, how you know they aren't online? AFAIK, there isn't a command to specifically find a person anymore like /find in MS1 (which I heard got removed), and you can also block people from interacting with you via game options (e.g. block party invites, whispers, trades, etc). If it's based on the assumption their alt is on at the same time as their actual main, then Nexon does allow for multiple accounts and people can have two or more computers.

I personally don't care if people are selling services like runs; however, I do agree that the mesos sellers ads needs to be address. I also feel that a more comprehensive recruitment billboard could be implemented to allow the creator more give a more thorough listing requirement that they are looking for, as well as provide a better sorting and filtering out things you don't want to see. Currently, you need to set what you looking to do and requirements within 28 characters with a checkbox as to whether it's an open party.
    Enomoto
  • MiskyMisky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    edited 12:39AM December 21, 2018
    I know that if your party leader dc / leaves, the game will choose someone else in the party as leader and that will also be reflected in the party finder. Since there are typically multiple of people in the party, the listing will stay up. That doesn't sound like a glitch, as when you join a party through one of these listings, your intended purpose of joining in the first place shouldn't change just because the original leader leaves / dc.

Btw, how you know they aren't online? AFAIK, there isn't a command to specifically find a person anymore like /find in MS1 (which I heard got removed), and you can also block people from interacting with you via game options (e.g. block party invites, whispers, trades, etc). If it's based on the assumption their alt is on at the same time as their actual main, then Nexon does allow for multiple accounts and people can have two or more computers.

I personally don't care if people are selling services like runs; however, I do agree that the mesos sellers ads needs to be address. I also feel that a more comprehensive recruitment billboard could be implemented to allow the creator more give a more thorough listing requirement that they are looking for, as well as provide a better sorting and filtering out things you don't want to see. Currently, you need to set what you looking to do and requirements within 28 characters with a checkbox as to whether it's an open party.

It's based on assumptions but is reasonable to think that is part of a glitch.
    For the last 2 weeks i've seen some random groups that didn't sell anything, but instead were recruiting for dungeons and when you joined the party nothing happened. For example there was an open group last week with only one guy recruiting for tris, and when you clicked Join Party, you couldn't join. So it's reasonable to think that a random player recruiting for tris wouldn't stay online the entire week 24/7 with a 1/10 group, hence you can suspect that the player somehow unintentionally glitched the party finder UI to show his group permanently.
  • EnomotoEnomoto
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Misky wrote: »
    It's based on assumptions but is reasonable to think that is part of a glitch.
    For the last 2 weeks i've seen some random groups that didn't sell anything, but instead were recruiting for dungeons and when you joined the party nothing happened. For example there was an open group last week with only one guy recruiting for tris, and when you clicked Join Party, you couldn't join. So it's reasonable to think that a random player recruiting for tris wouldn't stay online the entire week 24/7 with a 1/10 group, hence you can suspect that the player somehow unintentionally glitched the party finder UI to show his group permanently.

Perhaps they just removed the listing after you refreshed the party listings but before you clicked join?