Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Scheduled Maintenance - Dec 19th

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
Administrator
in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, December 19th at 5:00 AM PST. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5 hours, concluding at around 10:00 AM PST.

ms2w-113-960x290-forums.jpg

- Start and End Times -
  • PST (UTC -8): 5:00 AM - 10:00 AM
  • EST (UTC -5): 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
  • BRST (UTC -2): 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
  • CET (UTC +1): 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
  • AEDT (UTC +11): 12:00 AM - 5:00 AM, December 20th

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
  • Server Upkeep
  • Monthly Windows Updates
  • Launching the Holiday Bonus Giveaway!
  • Adjusting Server and Channel Count

Server and Channel Adjustment

In order to prepare for a smooth Official Launch in October, we prepared a multitude of servers to accommodate up to 130,000 concurrent players we anticipated would want to try out MapleStory 2. Now that the initial wave of new players has subsided and the population of Maplers has stabilized, we will be removing excess servers during tomorrow's maintenance, allowing our service to handle 75,000 players at once. As a part of this change, the number of channels will be reduced to the following:
  • Both NA East and NA West will have 28 channels each (down from 60).
  • Europe will have 18 channels (down from 30)
  • South America will have 10 channels (down from 20)
  • Oceania will remain the same with 10 channels

Comments

• BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    Word of advice about the modern day gaming ecosystem, don't publish the initial fall-off numbers ....ever... It will only serve to fuel the "dead game" meme that Bandwagoners and "Hype" gamers constantly squawk out like a swarm of seagulls. You really have to learn to stop shooting yourself in the foot with your own tongues.
    DeathyAnura_
  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    If you think the doomsayers would have been quiet even if the numbers are not published then you are wrong. They would still be doom'n'gloom since the amount of channels change.
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    So rip my rusted key farming since now every channel will have 1 person per chest camping spots...
    SmashersaurusPiloswine
  • XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Getting B4 is even harder now. it went from Impossible to....oh wait. That's all that changed :(
  • DeathyDeathy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 845
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    waiting for open pvp.... so we can kill people who use scripts to farm.... because the staffs aint doing their job.... let the players do something then..
  • BuuuuuutwhYBuuuuuutwhY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    Hope that cutting back on servers doesn't make the raid instance delay worse than it already was
  • MahoganiMahogani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,015
    Hmmmm. Not sure on the decision to reduce the channels, but will have to see how it goes. I personally enjoyed having an abundance of channels, especially for dailies. I will say that perhaps 30 instead of 28 would have been ideal. Hopefully, this won't make aspects of the game that "bank" on open channels, harder :s
    SmashersaurusPiloswinelkannaa
  • UllUll
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    I'm gonna miss channel 42
    MahoganiSmashersaurusPiloswineCyanwitch
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    I would like to take this time to mourn the loss of Maplestory 2. And again the doom sayers aren't wrong though the numbers are quite low even by mmo standards. I've invested more time in this game than pretty much most people I've got just over 1k hours already. So trust me I would be the last to say it if it weren't true. I wanted this to succeed and do better than kms/cms but it actually did worse. Which says a lot considering the other models were pure p2w lol. "Now that the playerbase has stabilized" What they meant by that was that everyone's quit. Unfortunately so many content creators on youtube and streamers have left which used to make helpful guides for the newcomers have also quit leaving not much room for growth now cause they also bring down their following/viewers *not all of them obviously* but still a youtuber bringing down even just 100 players even is a big loss considering a HUGE majority of the current playerbase is literally all bots. You see bots on every quest area/farming area more so than actual players.
    Eino
  • SmashersaurusSmashersaurus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    VisualFxx wrote: »
    You see bots on every quest area/farming area more so than actual players.

I've gone days without seeing a real player out in the world while leveling alts. Doesn't matter what channel I'm in.

Overall It's rough seeing the numbers, I wanted this game to do fantastic. Maybe some updates etc... will drive them back up eventually, who knows. I might be in a minority but I'm still having a lot of fun and plan to play for the foreseeable future (barring P2W). I haven't even reached "real" (hard mode, raid, PvP) content yet and I've been playing since Oct 20. I'm an altaholic.

Mahogani
  • RuneOrchidRuneOrchid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    Tfw people say its a dead game and its hardly even been out for three months.
  • KatchupKatchup
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    really liked having 60 channels.. farming for keys and getting a free map in aurora lab is gonna be a pain now
    PilikenMahogani
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    Can you please stop with the whole 'this game is dead' thing?
    Anura_