Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

December 19th Scheduled Maintenance

SherriSherri
MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
edited 4:46PM December 18, 2018 in General Chat
http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/40885/december-19th-scheduled-maintenance
- Both NA East and NA West will have 28 channels each (down from 60).
- Europe will have 18 channels (down from 30)
- South America will have 10 channels (down from 20)

Wowiee.. R.I.P Treva Farming, World Boss Farming, Golden/Wooden Chest spawns,..
SimonaMirralChanDishonesteaBabou

Comments

• MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    LMAO that is a huge decrease
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    Why Does Nexon insist on punishing the players like how did they come to this decision very angry over this!!! Pet hunting R.I.P you will be missed :(
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Some of those servers need merging badly. I'd hate to be in those servers.
  • AuschereAuschere
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 390
    This'll lead to people hoarding channels that are prominently used as well as epic prices, rusted and b4 keys spiking afaik on top of what was previously mentioned. In before the cc please memes.
  • AwesomeOneAwesomeOne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    #inb4botsrule I see nothing on this on banning the same bots ive seen and reported since the 1st box give away (since they have absolute stuff) =/ Less channels = more channels controlled by bots / GOOD LUCK Farming for that Epic Pet now lol.. was already bad with peeps stealing your spawns and leaving Or Anything else for that matter!!
    iinferno
  • coralabladecoralablade
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 370
    LOL, have fun doing your Lumiknight quests, with 60 channels it was easy to avoid most players being in the same map.
    SherriMirralChaniinferno
  • Zero147Zero147
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 545
    Auschere wrote: »
    This'll lead to people hoarding channels that are prominently used as well as epic prices, rusted and b4 keys spiking afaik on top of what was previously mentioned. In before the cc please memes.

I believe that they increase chest spawn rate to compensate for the reduced channels. Rusted keys price will in fact decrease, by a large margin.
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    MirralChan wrote: »
    Why Does Nexon insist on punishing the players like how did they come to this decision very angry over this!!! Pet hunting R.I.P you will be missed :(

MS2's population dropped severely, and thus there's no point in Nexon wasting money on unnecessary server resources. It's not to "punish the players".

VeCPQuQ.png
    SherriSimonaVeremisiaDanDKEnomotoNovuhzKarma93BrogleZacharieKim
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    Eino wrote: »
    MirralChan wrote: »

MS2's population dropped severely, and thus there's no point in Nexon wasting money on unnecessary server resources. It's not to "punish the players".

VeCPQuQ.png

Well even though it's not to punish players it definitely will and with every patch they have pushed so far they seem to punish us players vs bots meso sellers and buyers >.<
    SherriiinfernoSimonaIllIIl
  • Zero147Zero147
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 545
    Another pointless complaint thread. halving the channels isn't going to change anything.
    Karma93Xtony
  • SmashersaurusSmashersaurus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Zero147 wrote: »
    Another pointless complaint thread. halving the channels isn't going to change anything.

Of course it is. Pet farming for one. I don't know how the spawn rate works, but right now it's bad enough having to cycle through 60 channels to find the pet spawns (esp. on pets that ONLY spawn in one place) but at least with 60 channels you have a higher chance of both finding a spawn and finding a spawn without competition. 28 channels in Ludibrium Crater or Boulderwhite Cliffs will hurt for the dailies.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited 9:32PM December 18, 2018
    Zero147 wrote: »

LOL either you really don't know or you are trolling.
    I legit listed some things being affected by this in the thread.
    Bro can u read?

ahem

Treva Farming, World Boss Farming, Golden/Wooden Chest spawns, pet farming, lumiknights dailies,..
    Smashersaurus
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,945
    Maple Guide
    I don't see the problem.

The only problem is that you are complaining about the server huge decrease. This is NOT a problem. MS2's population has decreased so much, and it will be too costly to keep those big servers open.

So this thread needs to be locked.
    Karma93
  • UltimaPiUltimaPi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    Sherri wrote: »
    Wowiee.. R.I.P Treva Farming, World Boss Farming, Golden/Wooden Chest spawns,..

Treva - You might actually have to go and kill people in PvP maps. Oh dear.

World Boss - Since I don't typically play at peak times, I can't really comment on this one. With Fair Fight on all bosses, off peak hours tend to be "kill ch 1" and go do something else. I'm sure peak times go through at least 28 channels, by your implication?

Gold/Wood Chests - Never had to cycle through more than 30 channels. There's plenty of "good" maps to go through.

DanDKEnomotoKarma93WittlePlushy
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Look on the bright side. At least we will see more bots in each channel, giving us the illusion that the population is healthy.
    dielemonDanDKSherriSmashersaurusKarma93
  • DeideinDeidein
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    edited 6:29AM December 19, 2018
    Of course it is. Pet farming for one. I don't know how the spawn rate works, but right now it's bad enough having to cycle through 60 channels to find the pet spawns (esp. on pets that ONLY spawn in one place)

You know if you kill things for like, a couple minutes max, pets will spawn, right?

dielemonDanDKEnomotoDilBertGreenSoamiSmashersaurusSherriKarma93
  • SherriSherri
    edited 8:45AM December 19, 2018
    Deidein wrote: »
    Of course it is. Pet farming for one. I don't know how the spawn rate works, but right now it's bad enough having to cycle through 60 channels to find the pet spawns (esp. on pets that ONLY spawn in one place)

You know if you kill things for like, a couple minutes max, pets will spawn, right?

Doesn't matter if people are taking up all the channels.
    supermiky wrote: »
    So this thread needs to be locked.

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean the thread needs to be locked. X_X
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 9:04AM December 19, 2018
    my main problem is going to be with the 2x competition pet/solvent farming in aurora

world boss got nuked by fairfight and there's already a bunch of places with golden/wood chests
    SherriSmashersaurus
  • SmashersaurusSmashersaurus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 9:39AM December 19, 2018
    Deidein wrote: »

Honestly didn't know how much/if that affected it. As I said I was unsure how the spawning worked. It will still affect the types of zones I mentioned for the dailies, but won't likely impact the other zones where pets are a non-issue. Thanks for the info!

That being said, I 100% understand why it's being done, and in the end... Nexon saving money on servers will save the players some money for a while (there shouldn't be a drive to up prices or add speed to the inevitable P2W system)

I just wanted to acknowledge that yes SOME stuff will be affected by it, whether or not there is a large impact.
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 305
    edited 9:52AM December 19, 2018
    Based on my observations, when there are more people in the map, more hungry pets spawn. It may not be a bad thing for pet farming. Not sure about the bosses situation. But look at that 6k daily users graph, I'd think at least 20-30% are bots... lol
    Sherri