Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

State of The Game - My Thoughts

Comments

  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Posts: 136
    Member
    MochiAi wrote: »
    Game dying fast but maybe it will pickup next year with the update

    Hopefully :)
  • PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited 5:51PM December 17, 2018
    Foxberry wrote: »
    Pkmdz wrote: »
    As of today I give up grinding outside of dungeons. It just doesn't feel worth my time ever........ And I've been doing it for like 3 hours a day for months.
    Better to log in for an hour to finish dungeons then get out.

    How long does one dungeon take for you?

    3-4 minutes aside from Tris which varies up to 6 because shades and crap.

    Oh! Look sky fortress gives value rerollers for legendaries! Let me try this.............OH. It gave me WORSE VALUES just like literally every single epic reroll and reroller I have ever used!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    "Are you sure you want to quit?" ****


    1 VALUE REROLLER PER WEEK DERP!
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    Can Nexon give me a double max piercing legendary weapon. Been running CPAP for weeks and I never get lucky. I don't feel any progress because I don't want to enhance a weapon that isn't good.

    Also want boss damage on my helm and shirt if possible and 3 socket unlocked ring and necklace to be easier.

    Am I doing it right guys?
  • MessMakerMessMaker
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    Posts: 16
    Member
    You forgot a poll option.

    "People tried the game and then left"

    This happens to every mmo. It surges and falls then stabilizes. Let's see how the game is half a year from now.

    Also, cool opinions.
  • KingTwistedKingTwisted
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited 10:40AM December 18, 2018
    MessMaker wrote: »
    You forgot a poll option.

    "People tried the game and then left"

    This happens to every mmo. It surges and falls then stabilizes. Let's see how the game is half a year from now.

    Also, cool opinions.

    Yes, this is true. However the population has been still dropping by 1% each day since I've made this post.

    A: November has Lost 42.33% Average
    B: Last 30 days has Lost 42.75% Average

    So, In total. Since November the game has lost 85.08% Average Players.

    Of course this is on Steam-Charts only, but I would imagine that Steam makes up a bigger playerbase than the Nexon Launcher, or at the very minimum, at least half of the population.
    mirta000
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Posts: 690
    Member
    Dungeons being the only way to progress.
    When I was watching the game being developed in Korea, I didn't imagine it to become this RNG mess of a dungeon simulator. That's all I'll say.
    KingTwisted
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,375
    Posts: 515
    Member
    I quit over frustrating levels of RNG. Came here to check if it still has any population on the forums that care to discuss issues. We're down to 5K players peaks.
  • KingTwistedKingTwisted
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited 11:59PM December 19, 2018
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I quit over frustrating levels of RNG. Came here to check if it still has any population on the forums that care to discuss issues. We're down to 5K players peaks.

    It's PvE man... Glad you quit.
    ITT: people who don't have time for video games but wish they did, so they ask for changes so that they get everything that they want when they want it.

    Lol? You make no logic at all. I quit as well for all of the same reasons.

    And guess what? I can spend multiple hours each day playing if I wanted to. It's simply the fact that RNG + Time Gating and all of the other crap systems do not mix well together at all. Literally once you finish your dungeons for the week (Saturday night) and fail all of the RNG Involved with them, there is absolutely nothing else to do in order to progress your character. Literally nothing that is even worth it. I have plenty of mesos from farming epic pets early on in the game, but what's the point of all those mesos when the only thing you can buy is onyx, just to fail even more RNG? It's terrible, I mean absolutely terrible. If I could atleast have unlimited dungeon runs, or something else to do, I would grind a whole lot more, but there's literally nothing.

    Also, In response to AlexFromCali's first post --

    Were not making demands, and we're not making suggestions on this thread either. I would make suggestions, but the chances of it being read, or better yet even implemented rather than some band-aid solution just isn't worth the time. This thread was to put my thoughts about the game into perspective, and ask the players why they think the game is dying. Also, you say that 85% of the playerbase just up and left because of their lives? Well, that's gotta be one of the dumbest things i've heard (no offense) because you don't literally just have all of your population up and leave like that because of their "lives." It's more or less they got bored or simply just didn't like the game, and I'm highly doubting they return, because even as I type this, nearing a holiday where many people will have off, the game is only dying more and more.

    (Much lol)

    mirta000Karma93
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,375
    Posts: 515
    Member
    edited 3:42AM December 20, 2018
    It's PvE man... Glad you quit.
    ITT: people who don't have time for video games but wish they did, so they ask for changes so that they get everything that they want when they want it.

    I didn't quit MMOs though. I just moved to my previous one. Surprise surprise - I can keep up with the gear treadmill in FFXIV and even catch up! And it amazingly only takes an hour or so gameplay a day (less actually, I mostly just need to run one expert roulette 5 times a week and that takes about 20 minutes, but I like to do other stuff too)! And I can spare up to 3! You know why? There's no RNG in their gearing system.

    If I'm considered as someone that has no time, then who Maplestory 2 caters to? Jobless, school-less people? How many of those have the money to fund the game and how many of those even exist for extended period of time?
    SimonaKarma93RisingD4rK
  • PeepPeep
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 136
    Member
    edited 4:46AM December 20, 2018
    I think or at least hope people will come and play again when they make changes. They have already acknowledged the issues with progression and rng and based on what they've been doing for the game I have faith they will make some good changes soon enough. Most likely in Jan-Feb though so I wouldn't expect anything too soon.

    I can understand the reasons for leaving as a lot of the issues people have are also issues I have with the game but I wish people would be a bit more patient. I think Nexon wants this game to succeed esp since it failed badly in Korea, so I have faith.
    Karma93
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    You guys need to relax
  • Karma93Karma93
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Posts: 32
    Member
    edited 7:59AM December 20, 2018
    Peep wrote: »
    I think or at least hope people will come and play again when they make changes. They have already acknowledged the issues with progression and rng and based on what they've been doing for the game I have faith they will make some good changes soon enough. Most likely in Jan-Feb though so I wouldn't expect anything too soon.

    I can understand the reasons for leaving as a lot of the issues people have are also issues I have with the game but I wish people would be a bit more patient. I think Nexon wants this game to succeed esp since it failed badly in Korea, so I have faith.

    I think you and AlexFromCali are on the same page =) That's good to see on the forum !Thank for your politeness.
    Especially your though is really kind e simple! I believe that "if" nexon does some changes like this Christmas event many players come back and many others start playing.
    For example yesterday I have tried to level-up my SB with +10 cards and other event stuff and.....that was incredibly Useful in my opinion!
    I have played with a random party for all the Hard dungeons and I actually had fun! That's why all of us play games! FUN! the fun is different from person to person, someone wants more grind, someone more pvp, someone more co-op and others simply want to play a chibi game with flashy skills with friends.

    If MS2 stay HC for who wants HC games (now we can call those "elite players" ) and Casual for who has just a couple of hours a day, IMOP MS2 is a perfect match!
    When I was at Highschool or University, sometimes, I had some problems to be 100% competitive for the whole time....And sometimes in ANY game happens that some patches are not exactly well balanced, people start to go away (especially HC player) and the game slowly die ....

    After 10+ years of MMOs experience, I have learned that "both world" have to stay alive in an MMORPG Casual and Hardcore. Of course, who spend 6h+ a day on the game doesn't want to see a new player reach achievement super fast, but at the same time if new players have 0 possibilities to play the game ....the game will suffer for the lack of new users(income). This is not "me", "super genius", this is just math. (to be exact, because of statistics).

    For what concern AlexFromCali though I agree with you a kind of 50% .
    From 1 point of view, stay loyal to something is needed for a good MMORPG . On the other side, saying that players that quit the game "because of the life" ,is quite superficial ...I'm sorry... I have played more than 10 years (exactly 16 years) MMORPG , literally growing up hand in hand with the MMO/MOBA market. I have never had single trouble with my life.I had the pleasure to be in top 10 in some MMO and sometimes top 100 , of course I am not the best student on the planet ahaha but I am happily a 3D Environment Artist for video games(so not that bad, for my luckiness ).I have never abandon a single MMO because of "the life" ...If you know how to manage your time , you know how to play a "life draining" MMO.

    What is happening in MS2 is quite simple :

    a division (abyssal division) between new players and veterans/elite players .Both categories have problems -hard problem .

    --1) The RNG is really frustrating, for who wants to "destroy " the game, killing bosses faster and faster, be "coc*y and have fun in this way.

    -- 2) Rushing the game content in less than 2 months is the MAIN PROBLEM ,for both category . This is an MMO ... Jesus In Dragon Nest/as many others (nexon korea) to achieve 1 level up (in 2013) you have to invest hours and hours ,bloold and hard work!
    In MS2 you can hit level 60 in ? 1 day if you know the game and 3days if you are new?
    This is not a moba ,and IMOP , try to emulate the "fastness" of the new games (Battle royale,MOBA) it is not the solution for the genre .In fact, many old players still playing games such as wow , GW2, perfect world ect ect because they are -still- MMORPG.
    MMORPGs require TIME.


    -- 3) The Daily system is totally boring, useless and with 0 challenge: millennials or even younger targt market , is going to HATE that.....Why I have to do dailies?W hy?? To collect some "stuff" for...crafting?for enchant? what the hell? xD
    The new sky-bound expansion, when I read "reputation system " I jumped on the chair, screaming "ohhhh finally another good ranking list for who loves to do some deep quest, with awesome rewards"!!! how dumb I was.... what is that? "please get some berry here, I'll give you some gold and point!"... ahhh ok...also you can get all the factions-quest (??), sorry, what?
    No deep faction system? No ranking ? nothing???
    Meh , since I a not a veteran In ms2 I didn't read the actual Korean patch (already implemented there)....So sad...

    -- 4) Dungeons 60 a week...mmmm quite repetitive but good, maybe an x2 drop instead 30 extra dungeons is a better choice.
    The more "free" time you give to the player base the more things they can do. (It does mean that the true problem is that also Nexon devs don't know what the hell players can do after dungeon /b4 , that's why 30 extra dung instead x2 drop .Again, my second point is the most lethal .)BTW this is a common problem nowadays , not just MS2...I know it is really hard to fix .
    Maybe a mentoring system can help(?).

    --5) this is maybe personal so is a kind of "extra" :
    Diversify servers.... we are NOT all the same.... since the game is Korean, a lot of this mechanics are for a Korean target market or to be exact Asian target market ....Many Koreans grow up with some titles that for a Eu (like me ) or NA player (maybe) are not that pleasurable xD.
    Making 0 differences between servers it is something quite soulless....
    I can Imagine MS2 community contributes to the content of the game! Look at the "style" part of the game! there are people out there that have to learn Photoshop to make pleasurable their own weapon, or just to get cool with their friends....
    In my op putting the same effort by the Dev to develop a good western release is a kind of "thank you community" from the dev.
    I have really appreciated, again, this xmas event and the tollkit for enchant...really ..as 3d artist, I know a lil bit of the industry and I know how difficult is create a relation btw publishers, community managers, and devs.

    That's it, I hope someone has the time to read what I have written, and follow some of my suggestion or at least "think" about the whole community /problems.

    Right now the game is in a dangerous situation, who say the contrary will probably part of the small elite of this game ...1k users for online games is something incredibly small believe me or not...
    I saw a super good union between those players, that's great but at the same time I have saw sooooo many MMO failing for problems of stubbornness.

    The true society is already a mess, try to don't make you own nightmare alive also in the online world=)ok?

    Cheers mates!
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,250
    Posts: 335
    Member
    Oh you mean....Nothing regarding p2w is actually killing the game? Who would have thought something like poor game balancing could destroy a community, and here I thought it was only p2w that did this, at least that's that is what seemingly everybody cries about regularly.
  • WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Posts: 85
    Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I quit over frustrating levels of RNG. Came here to check if it still has any population on the forums that care to discuss issues. We're down to 5K players peaks.

    It's PvE man... Glad you quit.
    ITT: people who don't have time for video games but wish they did, so they ask for changes so that they get everything that they want when they want it.

    Lol? You make no logic at all. I quit as well for all of the same reasons.

    And guess what? I can spend multiple hours each day playing if I wanted to. It's simply the fact that RNG + Time Gating and all of the other crap systems do not mix well together at all. Literally once you finish your dungeons for the week (Saturday night) and fail all of the RNG Involved with them, there is absolutely nothing else to do in order to progress your character. Literally nothing that is even worth it. I have plenty of mesos from farming epic pets early on in the game, but what's the point of all those mesos when the only thing you can buy is onyx, just to fail even more RNG? It's terrible, I mean absolutely terrible. If I could atleast have unlimited dungeon runs, or something else to do, I would grind a whole lot more, but there's literally nothing.

    Also, In response to AlexFromCali's first post --

    Were not making demands, and we're not making suggestions on this thread either. I would make suggestions, but the chances of it being read, or better yet even implemented rather than some band-aid solution just isn't worth the time. This thread was to put my thoughts about the game into perspective, and ask the players why they think the game is dying. Also, you say that 85% of the playerbase just up and left because of their lives? Well, that's gotta be one of the dumbest things i've heard (no offense) because you don't literally just have all of your population up and leave like that because of their "lives." It's more or less they got bored or simply just didn't like the game, and I'm highly doubting they return, because even as I type this, nearing a holiday where many people will have off, the game is only dying more and more.

    (Much lol)

    You quit but you still come to the forums to bash the game... K
  • KingTwistedKingTwisted
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Posts: 25
    Member
    In response to @WittlePlushy

    If you applied some logic, you would understand that literally everyone on the MS2 Forum who is bashing the game is doing so out of love. Why? Because we all thought MS2 was going to be a great game and were sadly disappointed.

    Karma93
  • WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Posts: 85
    Member
    In response to @WittlePlushy

    If you applied some logic, you would understand that literally everyone on the MS2 Forum who is bashing the game is doing so out of love. Why? Because we all thought MS2 was going to be a great game and were sadly disappointed.

    The thing is if you actually quit you wouldn't come to the forums to complain about the game. If we're "applying logic" you'd be done with the game in its entirety because you quit. Right now it just seems like you're saying you quit (when you actually still play) to exaggerate and make your point.
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Posts: 138
    Member
    In response to @WittlePlushy

    If you applied some logic, you would understand that literally everyone on the MS2 Forum who is bashing the game is doing so out of love. Why? Because we all thought MS2 was going to be a great game and were sadly disappointed.

    The thing is if you actually quit you wouldn't come to the forums to complain about the game. If we're "applying logic" you'd be done with the game in its entirety because you quit. Right now it just seems like you're saying you quit (when you actually still play) to exaggerate and make your point.

    Or, you know, people want nexon to realize things need fixing?

    Can you really not comprehend that?
    Karma93mirta000Nikynoonoo
  • WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Posts: 85
    Member
    edited 1:05PM December 20, 2018
    Secrots wrote: »
    In response to @WittlePlushy

    If you applied some logic, you would understand that literally everyone on the MS2 Forum who is bashing the game is doing so out of love. Why? Because we all thought MS2 was going to be a great game and were sadly disappointed.

    The thing is if you actually quit you wouldn't come to the forums to complain about the game. If we're "applying logic" you'd be done with the game in its entirety because you quit. Right now it just seems like you're saying you quit (when you actually still play) to exaggerate and make your point.

    Or, you know, people want nexon to realize things need fixing?

    Can you really not comprehend that?

    I can but he told me to "apply logic" in what way does complaining about things on a general chat forum help Nexon fix things. If you want them to "fix things" then you'd use one of their other chats such as Suggestions. This just seems like you're trying to vent or scare new players away, not help the game in anyway, or provide constructive criticism.
  • KingTwistedKingTwisted
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited 4:11PM December 20, 2018
    Secrots wrote: »
    In response to @WittlePlushy

    If you applied some logic, you would understand that literally everyone on the MS2 Forum who is bashing the game is doing so out of love. Why? Because we all thought MS2 was going to be a great game and were sadly disappointed.

    The thing is if you actually quit you wouldn't come to the forums to complain about the game. If we're "applying logic" you'd be done with the game in its entirety because you quit. Right now it just seems like you're saying you quit (when you actually still play) to exaggerate and make your point.

    Or, you know, people want nexon to realize things need fixing?

    Can you really not comprehend that?

    I can but he told me to "apply logic" in what way does complaining about things on a general chat forum help Nexon fix things. If you want them to "fix things" then you'd use one of their other chats such as Suggestions. This just seems like you're trying to vent or scare new players away, not help the game in anyway, or provide constructive criticism.

    Haven't played in about 2 weeks at the minimum. Still actively come to the forums why? Simply because of this post and to respond to comments.
    And if you were to have read above, I already made a statement as to why I'm not posting anything in suggestions, and that is because pretty much nothing will ever happen by doing so. The devs have their own plans, and know what they want to do (even though it hasn't yet been shared with us yet.) So by posting here, and gathering votes on the poll, they can see exactly what most people think of why the game is dying.

    Yeah yeah, maybe one dev will look at suggestions once a month and it would be simply too much for them to take in, therefor rendering it basically useless.
    There has been a ton of suggestions since launch, and not one of them has been implemented or probably even thought about. Nothing but band-aids have came. People complain about progress being to slow, rather than fixing anything all they do is give out tons of free stuff that literally only new-players should receive, furthering the gap between new and old. Or how they made this most recent event to pressure everyone into spending all of their meso on fusing accessories because they know that it's time-limited.

    I could go on for days, but it would probably all go in one ear and directly out the other, just like the Suggestions part of the forum.

    P.S Since my last comment two days ago where the population was down by 85.05%, today it is down by 88.09%
    That's an extra 3.04% avg players in only 2 days.
  • WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    Posts: 85
    Member
    Secrots wrote: »
    In response to @WittlePlushy

    If you applied some logic, you would understand that literally everyone on the MS2 Forum who is bashing the game is doing so out of love. Why? Because we all thought MS2 was going to be a great game and were sadly disappointed.

    The thing is if you actually quit you wouldn't come to the forums to complain about the game. If we're "applying logic" you'd be done with the game in its entirety because you quit. Right now it just seems like you're saying you quit (when you actually still play) to exaggerate and make your point.

    Or, you know, people want nexon to realize things need fixing?

    Can you really not comprehend that?

    I can but he told me to "apply logic" in what way does complaining about things on a general chat forum help Nexon fix things. If you want them to "fix things" then you'd use one of their other chats such as Suggestions. This just seems like you're trying to vent or scare new players away, not help the game in anyway, or provide constructive criticism.

    Haven't played in about 2 weeks at the minimum. Still actively come to the forums why? Simply because of this post and to respond to comments.
    And if you were to have read above, I already made a statement as to why I'm not posting anything in suggestions, and that is because pretty much nothing will ever happen by doing so. The devs have their own plans, and know what they want to do (even though it hasn't yet been shared with us yet.) So by posting here, and gathering votes on the poll, they can see exactly what most people think of why the game is dying.

    Yeah yeah, maybe one dev will look at suggestions once a month and it would be simply too much for them to take in, therefor rendering it basically useless.
    There has been a ton of suggestions since launch, and not one of them has been implemented or probably even thought about. Nothing but band-aids have came. People complain about progress being to slow, rather than fixing anything all they do is give out tons of free stuff that literally only new-players should receive, furthering the gap between new and old. Or how they made this most recent event to pressure everyone into spending all of their meso on fusing accessories because they know that it's time-limited.

    I could go on for days, but it would probably all go in one ear and directly out the other, just like the Suggestions part of the forum.

    P.S Since my last comment two days ago where the population was down by 85.05%, today it is down by 88.09%
    That's an extra 3.04% avg players in only 2 days.

    So you're just venting, have fun.