Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

The Ultimate Archer Guide [Updated 2018-10-16]

Comments

• MynameisAlfieriMynameisAlfieri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    Currently running 1 in eagle, max SE, 7 in agile archer and 2 in Screw and 1 in precision. Still missing 2 or 3 points I think. Been pretty good. Screw hits for about 40k instead of 70k with max precision and screw. But I get more pierce with agile.
  • MynameisAlfieriMynameisAlfieri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    @Eneka, I'll add some images of finished builds at each stage, but basically, at max SP, you should have Rapid Shot, Arrow Storm, Conditioning, Screwdriver Shot, and Precision Shooter maxed, in that order. You need one point in Evasive Salvo and one in Bronze Eagle. Any leftovers can go to Sharp Eyes first, and Bronze Eagle second.

@Alph, Agile Archer is great in chaos raids, and you should definitely max it whenever you attempt a chaos raid. Outside of that one scenario, most mobs don't have enough defense to warrant high amounts of piercing, and it really goes to waste. For that reason, you're better off going with Screwdriver Shot in all other situations.

I'll be adding a gear section to the guide very soon, hopefully, but yes, piercing, boss damage, and total damage are the three best attributes for gear.

@Twotrickpony, if you feel like you need more defense, don't try to get it as bonus attributes on your gear. What you should do is enchant your armour. Just be aware that it won't make a huge difference in the end. If you don't already have full epic armour, that's really your priority.

The reason you shouldn't get defensive stats as bonus attributes is because people will expect you to have nothing but damage, damage, and more damage, especially the later you go in the game. By the time you get to chaos raids, you're really going to struggle to compete with anyone else if you're worried about defensive stats. If you're dying to enemies, your priority should be to learn how to avoid their attacks, rather than assuming you're going to get hit and need to survive the damage. Most attacks from enemies and bosses alike are avoidable, and there are some bosses, even in Hard Adventure dungeons, that don't deal any guaranteed damage. Pyrros Fard, for example, can theoretically be beaten without any party members taking any damage.

I hope that helps!

Hey I have a question. So I have been analyzing damage differences for skills. Right now I am running max agile, 2 in imp screw and max screw shot. 1 in arrow storm. I noticed screwdriver shot goes up 47% per 1 point. Arrow storm goes up 60% per point. I decided to place them into screwdriver shot since I can use it more and hit it during boss movement. Arrow storm needs to hit almost all its shots for it to be better than screwdriver. I'd like feedback on this logic since you say to max arrow storm but if we had to choose one, it seems screwdriver shot might be better for higher boss movement? Lastly, imp screw gives a 5% damage inc every point. Since 1 point is 60% for arrow storm, idk if I should do 1 point or 2 in imp screw. Do you know if the 5% is 5% of the 1070% it does, or it's a mere 5%? Thanks!
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 10:32PM December 16, 2018
    @MynameisAlfieri: Arrow Storm 's damage per second (DPS) increases by 4.62 each skill point, whereas Screwdriver Shot and Precision Shooter only increase by 3.8 and 4.2 respectively. Screwdriver Shot will only do more DPS if you use Precision Shooter, which means you're spending more skill points to do the same amount of damage. Even level 1 Arrow Storm does more DPS than level 1 Screwdriver Shot. I don't find it hard to hit bosses with Arrow Storm. Choosing optimal times to use it is part of the archer's skill cap, and if you choose not to use it because it's too hard to hit, you're just sacrificing potential damage.

Here's a handy chart showing the differences in DPS:

unknown.png

As for Precision Shooter's damage: when you take a point in Precision Shooter (PS), you completely change Screwdriver Shot (SS) to a different ability called Improved Screwdriver Shot. (ISS) ISS doesn't do the same damage as SS - in fact, if you hover over the skill and look at the description, you'll see that the huge wall of text explaining the three phases of SS has been replaced with a very succinct description that just has one damage value: 670% at level 1.

Ironically, ISS will never do 670% damage because if you have one point in PS, you're increasing that 670% by 5%, which comes to a total of 703.5%. Leveling SS increases this base number from 670% to a max of 1093%, and if you max PS (available at level 64), it will cap out at 1639.5%.

Here's a chart showing all those damage values:

unknown.png
    Amy_Clyne1AcuteMapleSickness