Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Maybe It's Time To Start Over?

chaollchaoll
MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
in General Chat
Hi friends,

I'm new to the forum and wanted some feedback. I have a lvl 60 zerk, around 140 hours playtime, 620 trophies, and life skills between levels 11-13. I know these aren't necessarily impressive amounts but for me it's a decent investment!

I'm considering re-rolling my class but am deterred by the sheer amount of exploration goals, stars, trophies, dyes, etc I would need to re-"unlock."

To those who re-rolled what was your motivation? Did you find it worth it? What did you do differently this time around?

Thank you for your time and feedback :)

TL;DR: bored with zerk want to reroll.

Comments

• WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Yes. This is the reason that a lot of people who want to reroll can't. I wish there was a reroll scroll for merits so players won't lose their trophies and farming. It's a lot of work but if you don't enjoy your class, it's a better long term investment to change as soon as possible.
    chaollNaho
  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    Agree, would love a way to pay with merets to change class. Got over 1400 trophies, all explorations, max fishing etc etc. Wanna reroll from my class but stuck due to all the time and effort I put into it. I wouldnt mind if it was expensive. Heck I would probably pay up to 5000 merets for it.
    chaoll
  • SixaxisSixaxis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,785
    Agree, would love a way to pay with merets to change class. Got over 1400 trophies, all explorations, max fishing etc etc. Wanna reroll from my class but stuck due to all the time and effort I put into it. I wouldnt mind if it was expensive. Heck I would probably pay up to 5000 merets for it.

Agreed; $50 is a fair price considering how much time it saves us. Should have a cooldown of 1-2 months on it though.

And @ OP: Make the switch before the month is over so you can make use of the Toadkit event to reach an easy +15. When SB came out, I left my +15 raid-geared Heavy Gunner with those difficult Mushking trophies and good accessories in a heartbeat. Rather play something I enjoy than something stronger that I've grown tired of.
    chaoll
  • TofsTofs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    I re-rolled to a Knight from an Archer just because my guild needed a Knight. My Co-Leader is a Priest so I thought it would be perfect. I'm having fun grinding my equips again. I hated the thought of it at first but I'm really enjoying playing a Knight! I don't regret it at all. The only thing I regret is spending so much trying to get my old hairstyle again. That hurt.
    chaoll
  • QtzQtz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    its 2018 evrything should be account bound now a days.. trophys , even lifeskills since they are so bad in this game could be account wide , nothing of value is lost if we only have to do it once.
    MadokaMagica
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,425
    edited 9:08AM December 13, 2018
    All trophies should be account bound... I honestly do not understand how such thing is not account bound.
  • chaollchaoll
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Thank you all so much for answering! I sincerely appreciate it, holy cow. I think I'm going to do it.

@Sixaxis not sure what the Toadkit event is (probably not paying enough attention) but I will def. look into them!

Many thanks again friends <3
  • RisingD4rKRisingD4rK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    it is time to quit
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    chaoll wrote: »
    Hi friends,

I'm new to the forum and wanted some feedback. I have a lvl 60 zerk, around 140 hours playtime, 620 trophies, and life skills between levels 11-13. I know these aren't necessarily impressive amounts but for me it's a decent investment!

I'm considering re-rolling my class but am deterred by the sheer amount of exploration goals, stars, trophies, dyes, etc I would need to re-"unlock."

To those who re-rolled what was your motivation? Did you find it worth it? What did you do differently this time around?

Thank you for your time and feedback :)

TL;DR: bored with zerk want to reroll.

Rerolled because I wanted to play soulbinder from the start.....That's about it. In all honesty I would say it really depends on what you want to do, if you are simply rerolling because you feel it would prolong your enjoyment in the game and make you stay, then I would say reroll. If you are re rolling simply out of boredom I would suggest you take a break from the game then return again. Believe me sometimes a break is all you need to re adjust and keep trucking along especially if you have already invested a lot of time and energy into one character, I can't say it's worth starting over again unless you really have no issue grinding your way back up to where you are now.

Only reason I suggest a break is because maybe you aren't bored of the class and merely bored of the game, and taking a step back might help you recharge and assess the situation with a bit more clarity. After all, whats the sense of re rolling a class just to be back at square one again and find out you really are just bored of the game or feeling a bit burnt out. That's just time and energy wasted on another char that you could have simply put into your main.
    chaoll
  • TofsTofs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    The problem with Account Bound trophies for everything is that guilds can easily climb the ranks by just creating a bunch of alt characters.
  • KiymoriKiymori
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,205
    Tofs wrote: »
    The problem with Account Bound trophies for everything is that guilds can easily climb the ranks by just creating a bunch of alt characters.

Yah but they would have had the trophies anyway so it's not really a problem per say.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    wish i can transfer my +15 weapon into another class and just rr
    trophy and achievements mean nothing in this game tbh,
    all these lifeskills can stay since most craft-able items can be trade/sold on mp
    the only thing stops me from rr is gears and bonus stats from some trophy/star....