Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Sick of cheaters buying 300mil meso4 Cpap Carries

CalindelCalindel
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,620
edited 3:19PM December 12, 2018 in General Chat
Pretty straight forward, there are next to no actual players being banned for mesos.

I play in a very large guild on the NA east Server and I even hear people in my guild brag on discord about buying 100s of millions of mesos without fear of any punishment b/c they have been doing it since the launch.

Now before the white knights chime in "what does it matter what other ppl do", it matters b/c these crappy players are literally buying 300 million mesos ata time to pay rebirth and other high end guilds for Cpap carries to get their Legendary Weapons.

Ontop of buying all their Legendary Armor via Cdev/Cmoc/Cpap they have all bought epic pets and 3 socket Kanduras Pendants which is a huge slap in the face to those of us who literally lived in Crooked Canyon for days or weeks on end to earn our epic pet or mindlessly grind 60 tris a week in the hopes of getting another pendant to flush down the toilet on the flawed socket system.
BabouSherriQtziinfernoaylumosPkmdzZroXPDanDKFrostZzBananaCatand 5 others.

Comments

• SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    People argue that it doesn't matter, but it really does. It affects the whole economy as a whole because of these people buying mesos.
    DanDK
  • GaburiasuGaburiasu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Meanwhile, I've been hearing people left and right get banned for buying mesos. I do agree though, sell/buy runs are fundamentally wrong.
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    edited 5:54PM December 12, 2018
    To add to the inflation on pets is that they don't get lower after a mesobuyer buys one because they buy multiple just for fodder. The real problem is really the % get one in the first place though otherwise most people wouldn't just give up farming and buy one.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,315
    True, no one here is getting banned. As far as I know, RMT = fair game
    DanDK
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    anything is fair game when hacking is a 3 day ban
    DanDK
  • XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    9800 x G3 Snare, no Epic pet yet.
    Ban all mesobuyers+increase chances for stuff.. jeeeeze
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    anything is fair game when hacking is a 3 day ban

True
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    They dont even ban bots, so its no surprise... they are also too busy cutting off money making methods that their regular players use.
    DanDKNiaMiehPkmdz
  • CookiesyayCookiesyay
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
    It's not suprising people are doing that the game is filled with casuals and the high end guilds are the only one doing cpap

An easy fix is make legendaries obtainable through another method or pray the playerbase gets better st raiding

Or just flat out ban boosters
    Alavien1FrostZz
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    Cookiesyay wrote: »
    It's not suprising people are doing that the game is filled with casuals and the high end guilds are the only one doing cpap

An easy fix is make legendaries obtainable through another method or pray the playerbase gets better st raiding

Or just flat out ban boosters

General belief is that if Nexon bans the RMTers and all the boosters, the game won't have enough people buying merets and that the population will further decline. Hence, Nexon is being held hostage.
    DanDKFrostZz
  • ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,490
    edited 11:24PM December 12, 2018
    They don't care because if people buy billions of mesos they will also buy cash shop items and thats what it's all about anyway. Latest update was very gold bot friendly. It was aimed at demonstrating that they are doing something, but really only normal players were hurt by it. You cant level up with music anymore and fishing/performance boosters are useless now but bots can still grind normal mobs all day long and items from those mobs can easily be dismantled for onyx and sold, onyx that now is worth more since you can't transfer majority of onyx made with your alts anymore despite them claiming that you would be able to do it. I mean come on, it's deliberate. Not to mention all those items dropable by normal mobs that are now required for sky fortress quests, gold bot's paradise. There it no perma bans for meso buyers eiither for a reason.
    iinfernoFrostZz
  • PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
  • ZroXPZroXP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    Just a few nights ago we had a Zerker join our Cmoc group that had a legendary weapon and great rolls on their equipment. You would think that they would carry the run...right? Wrong; person capped before the poison phase and showed no knowledge of any of the mechanics needed to clear. Person was promptly kicked...too bad they can't buy skill. Though this is what happens when you allow people to just swipe a credit card so they can bypass the RNG and skill gap, no matter if they would still be getting capped in Cdev.

This is such a slap in the face of people who put the time and effort in to gear up and learn these raids so that we can clear them legit. Why even play the game if people willing to RMT can just easily progress to the end game with no repercussions?

Nexon says they don't want this game to be P2W but this is exactly what it is. Think the player base is bleeding now? 1 or 2 more months of this and you can send this game right back to Korea. No one has time for this kind of crap when there are so many other games on the market right now that can offer a much better experience. The only people that will remain are the day 1 elites and the shills, if that.
    DanDKFrostZzMieh
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Sadly unless Nexon takes the RMT stuff more seriously, it's only going to get worse from here. I've done everything in my power to brute force through content with sub-par/bad RNG and my own skill and learning ability. It feels like a legit slap in the face when a player who was extremely toxic to me(even to the degree of legit saying a bot would be more useful then me) when I was learning cdev is just buying chaos runs left and right and once not having better gear then me, now does because of the amazing power of credit card swiping. I swipe my credit card too, but in the way of cosmetics and things that might make gathering more convenient however lately I've stopped spending altogether because it seems Nexon isn't going to do anything about people like that just buying illegit meso and progressing to end content that others of us still haven't reached despite busting our butts off learning mechanics, earning mesos through more and more ruined ways(like bots have straight up destroyed G3 selling) and then losing said mesos through RNG trying to better our equipment.

I've been starting to burn out cause it's saddening is what it is and a method that used to reward me for multi-managing characters is no more so there's that lovely slap in the face too. Nexon right now is prioritizing bots over its actual customers and players nad I can't even go back and help new players cause I'll end up queueing with bots as well and helping them out.
    ZroXPiinfernoyudcMiehPkmdz
  • GaburiasuGaburiasu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    ZroXP wrote: »
    Just a few nights ago we had a Zerker join our Cmoc group that had a legendary weapon and great rolls on their equipment. You would think that they would carry the run...right? Wrong; person capped before the poison phase and showed no knowledge of any of the mechanics needed to clear. Person was promptly kicked...too bad they can't buy skill. Though this is what happens when you allow people to just swipe a credit card so they can bypass the RNG and skill gap, no matter if they would still be getting capped in Cdev.

This is such a slap in the face of people who put the time and effort in to gear up and learn these raids so that we can clear them legit. Why even play the game if people willing to RMT can just easily progress to the end game with no repercussions?

Nexon says they don't want this game to be P2W but this is exactly what it is. Think the player base is bleeding now? 1 or 2 more months of this and you can send this game right back to Korea. No one has time for this kind of crap when there are so many other games on the market right now that can offer a much better experience. The only people that will remain are the day 1 elites and the shills, if that.

It's made clear that Nexon does not think that any form of "RMT" is considered "P2W". It was even stated by a few of the community mods, but examples like this are the reason why it's a problem. I think sell runs are just as enabling though. It creates hyper geared users that cannot raid.
  • ErykesErykes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    for me should be not able to buy any runs because u know there is clear party and many lows joining clear party and always excuse on perma deds like net,ping and other things... for me clear mean exp and ofc no perma dead ...there is no excuses... if someone got really problems at that time than dont join simple and logic exp is one and clear is 2nd....too many buyers join clear party.... and wasting exp ppls time....
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Players who buy legendary weapons can only fool certain players. I have seen legendary weapon players deal only slightly above players with epic, and this indicates that they most likely got carried to a clear.

I'm more impressed with players that have lower gear with better active time and rotation. Gear can be easily fixed.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    they don’t consider buying mesos p2w....
    p2w in their opinion is using merits to make gains
    if u buy mesos then buy runs, then its not p2w...
    make an alt account, buy meso, then use ur main and sell dungeons to the alt... safest way possible.... they dont ban and even if they do, its ur alt account, u can clap them with the fact them with the fact that selling runs is fine in this game, and u do not know where or how they get mesos, all u do is a simple trade, main account safe.... ;p.... 300m mesos a FD run, i guess,