Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Nexon is too lenient with TOS breaches

KasorasKasoras
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
in General Chat
Regarding the recent incident with dark descent boosting, only the booster got perma banned while the boostees got 3 days bans. I'm not saying to perma ban the boostees but 3 day ban is literally nothing. I say 2 weeks atleast.
  1. How long should they be banned?62 votes
    1. 3 days
       8% (5 votes)
    2. Under 2 weeks
       0% (0 votes)
    3. 2 weeks to 1 month
       44% (27 votes)
    4. Perma banned
       48% (30 votes)

Comments

• LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    edited 8:48AM December 11, 2018
    2 week ban makes more sense. If someone finished their weeklies by the time they got the suspension then theyve literally not been impacted much by a 3 day suspension. If at all.

So i do agree with you.

Tbh. RMTs should be 2 weeks as well. Most people do this stuff to get ahead so putting them on pause is more than enough punishment.

Ive seen people profess that a 1 month is more than enough to make them quit in any case. People who are like that do not like to fall behind.
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    edited 10:17AM December 11, 2018
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    2 month ban makes more sense. If someone finished their weeklies by the time they got the suspension then theyve literally not been impacted much by a 3 day suspension. If at all.

So i do agree with you.

Tbh. RMTs should be 2 months as well. Most people do this stuff to get ahead so putting them on pause is more than enough punishment.

Ive seen people profess that a 1 month year is more than enough to make them quit in any case. People who are like that do not like to fall behind.

FIFY

• Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    edited 3:28PM December 11, 2018
    As you can already see from the poll. GMS2 is riddled with meso buyers who can't take a ban.

EDIT: haha. ever since I typed this out they stopped voting for option 3, which was double the amount of option 4 at the time.
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    permaban but with option to repeal. I have no sympathy for cheaters, but i have sympathy for innocent people who may get punished by mistake.
    Meso_ManDanDKCryotron
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    wen i checked reddit ppl wer liek losing $50 is harsh enough but then im thinking isn't tht like only 2 hours of work for normal ppl?
  • KasorasKasoras
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    wen i checked reddit ppl wer liek losing $50 is harsh enough but then im thinking isn't tht like only 2 hours of work for normal ppl?

The subreddit is a joke.
    Chernobyte
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Kasoras wrote: »

The subreddit is a joke.

So is this forum
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Kasoras wrote: »

The subreddit is a joke.

So is this forum

So is this game
    Chernobyte
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 10:08AM December 12, 2018

The Reddit was brigaded by the people in the DD-boosting guild. Posts about the punishment and announcement went from many upvotes to "0" within seconds.
    Too bad for them, despite their begging Jungsoo on Twitter and blaming other guilds - their perma-banned friend will stay that way.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    I'm pretty disappointed on the estimated three day ban to attack speed hackers.

It is what it is but hopefully it was served as a warning.
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    I don't like people who cheat, at the same time. I'd like to see people who learn their lessons and
    learn from their mistakes. I want to see the game grow and be promoted through the community.
    Mostly, i've seen people telling people to quit, shunning people, making others have bad experiences in the game.
    It's mostly the community that puts the game in a negative light, in any game.