Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Comments

  • PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    Posts: 62
    Member
    Every time I ask while doing a hard dungeon if anyone is having fun the answer is never yes. Just about everyone grinding these things becomes dead inside.

    For weeks seeing streams of people talk about how the guild they are in or were in is dead and everyone they know is quitting.

    Unless you already have a very dedicated guild or a tight knit group of players raids aren't going to be fun or even interesting for very long so much as they will be a pain and nothing else.

    Failing to get any decent stats on a reroll punishes you with needing to pay for more in materials. Absolutes are 500k to form for some reason?

    Gems and socketing costs :l Then there are Socketing items like a Kandura's Pendant costs

    Epic pet, daily feeding costs, time needed to level it up, blue pet time gate while leveling and waiting for Epic pet

    Weapon upgrade and armor upgrade costs + rng

    Newly added PVP is broken

    Life skills are super limited and what they can produce and are not something you can build yourself around if expecting to make comparable profit to other things

    Bots are still farming Solvent all around. Mesos sellers are not deterred by anything Nexon does yet Nexon's attempts end up hurting the players more than the Mesos sellers because all they have to do is slightly increase what they are charging to compensate.

    People that buy as many Mesos as they want to will only get a supposed 30 day suspension *supposedly*

    While the rest of us are grinding our souls to death in that 30 days and are still behind the gold buyer :D



    I don't recommend this game to my friends and acquaintances anymore.


    If someone were to ask me why I played still despite listing all of these flaws I have a problem with my answer would be.... "I like when my characters use their weapons to attack things and the overall art design." Soul Binder and Berserker are cool to me. That's pretty much it


    How many ways are there to even goof off in this game to get away from the rng grind? McKay's events that can't have the notification turned off for some stupid reason? LOL

    If I want to talk to people there are FAR better platforms to do it in outside of MS2. If I want to interact with people They could at least have had the sense to add something valuable for people to do together aside from mind numbing dungeon repeat.

    Where is the official MapleStory 2 NASCAR circuit? The MS2 Hockey? MS2 throw ball into hoop/goal whatever!
    Also mini games should be something you can que up for, not time gated.......wt


    If you think there are no problems with this game and that anyone who complains should just get good you are likely the type of person who likes to be beaten up in an abusive relationship and then go outside the next day and tell people that your bruises and swelling on your face are just from being hit with a stray baseball. -_-

    I mean I don't mind if that's your kink
    I won't judge










    FrostZzMochiAiWeissEmilDarkGladxxMieh
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    WiLBoY wrote: »

    Great assumption. Got both actually, yet those aren't F2P games. Make a better comparison. If you enjoy their system, why are you here?

    Oh and let's not talk about affording things. You wouldn't be complaining about a casual game if money wasn't an issue. Yet here you are struggling.

    I am stating the truth. Its not assumption at all.
    yeah i enjoy their system but why I cannot be here ? 1 person must only play 1 game in your mind, right ?
    You are so blind. Where did you see my complaint in this post ? I just stated some truth. That's it
    DarkGladxx
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »

    Great assumption. Got both actually, yet those aren't F2P games. Make a better comparison. If you enjoy their system, why are you here?

    Oh and let's not talk about affording things. You wouldn't be complaining about a casual game if money wasn't an issue. Yet here you are struggling.

    I am stating the truth. Its not assumption at all.
    yeah i enjoy their system but why I cannot be here ? 1 person must only play 1 game in your mind, right ?
    You are so blind. Where did you see my complaint in this post ? I just stated some truth. That's it

    You are assuming I couldn't afford those two games. Truth?

  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited 2:28PM December 10, 2018
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    You are assuming I couldn't afford those two games. Truth?
    No. I stated the truth below
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    Doing raid for what ? What can you do with legendary gear +15 ? Obviously you will end up with doing raid over and over. All your hard earned stuffs will be completely trash when new update comes
    I don't know why some people are so proud of being a PVE hero. Unlike in those PVP game.You definitely cannot do anything to those people who have never done any raid. Although you have full +15 legendary with perfect stats, those fresh level 50 who are good at PVP can still beat you in Arena

    and look at your own reply below. you replied it right after my statement.
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Welcome to MMOs, where old gear becomes useless after new content. Perhaps MMOs aren't for you.
    A wise guy would not say something like that because not all MMOs replace old gears after new content. and i dont want to reply your last sentence, cannot educate you here.
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Posts: 56
    Member
    edited 2:46PM December 10, 2018
    WiLBoY wrote: »

    Nah, I just don't complain about everything like most of the players on here do. You would never keep these players happy because all they want is free things handed to them because they are too lazy to do anything themselves. Everyone has to deal with RNG. Not just you. Stop being so entitled that things have to be handed to you.

    You must be talking about small subscription paid games where the population is literally dead. Those games usually end up dying anyways. I'm talking about WoW and FF14.

    Recycling content and using RNG is a system that was used in a lot of korean MMOs. It's even used in other versions of this game as well too. I'm not sure what you were expecting when you came onto Maplestory. If you did your research, you would have already known what kind of game this would be.

    i actually think you might be the most disrespectful person in the world, you doesnt seem to understand anything at all what people complain at and its pretty sad to see when u start compare it to other games, we point the problems of this game we do not speak about other games.

    you might be 1 of the white knights or maybe a hidden gm or whatever, but the problem of this game grows stronger each week, RNG layer after Layer instead of keeping it to 1 RGN it gotta be RGN for each things, it needs limits on the RNG base.

    and to add on i do not care about ur childish white knight move instead of see the real problem of the game and the reason why tons of people actually quit.

    I HAVE QUITTED and rly dont care about ur protection of the statement of the game, i do know the reason WHY i quit, its exactly the current state the game is, i wont be back even if it will be update, i i gave this game 2 months, thats enought of my real life and will instead do something fun instead of same exactly boring RNG farming of EQ boxes, EQ stats etc, this pyramid steps on the RNG is out of control and made me quit.

    and even how much of whiteknight you gonna try to be it, it will NOT make me return.
    FrostZzWeissEmilMieh
  • CryotronCryotron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,935
    Posts: 136
    Member
    Willi keeps digging himself in a hole, I see.
    EinoMochiAiDarkGladxx
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    edited 3:35PM December 10, 2018
    Pack it up boys. Ms2 is too hard for you. All I'm seeing are excuses.

    Also use some proper grammar and coherent sentences. I'm not sure if you even understand what I'm trying to say when you reply to old quotes that aren't related. QUITTED? Come on brother.

    You say you are off to better things yet you are here complaining. When i quit a game, I quit. No need to announce it to a world of players you don't know.
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Posts: 56
    Member
    edited 3:41PM December 10, 2018
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Pack it up boys. Ms2 is too hard for you. All I'm seeing are excuses.

    Also use some proper grammar and coherent sentences. I'm not sure if you even understand what I'm trying to say when you reply to old quotes that aren't related. QUITTED? Come on brother.

    You say you are off to better things yet you are here complaining. When i quit a game, I quit. No need to announce it to a world of players you don't know.

    RNG is NOT depending on "Hard" it depending on luck, same with casino, it depends on on luck, you seem to not see the different on hard and luck, RNG is tend to be frustrating thing in longrun.

    Kids nowaday gotta learn the differents.

    RNG you can do same thing for years and years and never rly get what you looking for, thats what RNG is, and that is not what do things hard it doesnt even depend on how hard it is, it depends on luck. IF its ment to be hard its ment to be how hard its to kill bosses, but it does not include the reason of "Hard" since its LUCK BASED.
    FrostZzMeso_ManMochiAiWeissEmilMieh
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    edited 6:52PM December 10, 2018
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Pack it up boys. Ms2 is too hard for you. All I'm seeing are excuses.

    Also use some proper grammar and coherent sentences. I'm not sure if you even understand what I'm trying to say when you reply to old quotes that aren't related. QUITTED? Come on brother.

    You say you are off to better things yet you are here complaining. When i quit a game, I quit. No need to announce it to a world of players you don't know.

    RGN is depending on "Hard" it depending on luck, same with casino, it depends on on luck, you seem to not see the different on hard and luck, RGN is tend to be frustrating thing in longrun.

    Kids nowaday gotta learn the differents.

    Some people were also born into a great life and others aren't. Should they give up or should they work on other qualities of themselves to improve?
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    Posts: 56
    Member
    edited 6:52PM December 10, 2018
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Pack it up boys. Ms2 is too hard for you. All I'm seeing are excuses.

    Also use some proper grammar and coherent sentences. I'm not sure if you even understand what I'm trying to say when you reply to old quotes that aren't related. QUITTED? Come on brother.

    You say you are off to better things yet you are here complaining. When i quit a game, I quit. No need to announce it to a world of players you don't know.

    RGN is depending on "Hard" it depending on luck, same with casino, it depends on on luck, you seem to not see the different on hard and luck, RGN is tend to be frustrating thing in longrun.

    Kids nowaday gotta learn the differents.

    Some people were also born into a great life and others aren't. Should they give up or should they work on other qualities of themselves to improve?

    where did that come from, are you actually stupid? beside, reported.
    ZZZzzzMochiAi
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Posts: 373
    Member
    edited 6:52PM December 10, 2018
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Pack it up boys. Ms2 is too hard for you. All I'm seeing are excuses.

    Also use some proper grammar and coherent sentences. I'm not sure if you even understand what I'm trying to say when you reply to old quotes that aren't related. QUITTED? Come on brother.

    You say you are off to better things yet you are here complaining. When i quit a game, I quit. No need to announce it to a world of players you don't know.

    RGN is depending on "Hard" it depending on luck, same with casino, it depends on on luck, you seem to not see the different on hard and luck, RGN is tend to be frustrating thing in longrun.

    Kids nowaday gotta learn the differents.

    Some people were also born into a great life and others aren't. Should they give up or should they work on other qualities of themselves to improve?

    where did that come from, are you actually stupid? beside, reported.

    It's basically called an analogy.

    You can report, but I've done nothing wrong but had a discussion.
  • eyvnneyvnn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
    Posts: 37
    Member
    guess why it's a one sided argument? cause the people who arent whiny babies are busy playing the game. the threads in general chat are self explanatory of what kind of people post here. quit btw, but still come to the forums to whine about it
    Xtony
  • ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,380
    Posts: 200
    Member
    Best part of games like this in the initial leveling up and experiencing content for the first time, then at max level you are thrown into the grinder of repetition and fun esentially ends. At that point it's just game of farming gold and gambling it away on 5-30% enchants and what prolly is less than 1 % chance to get max stat rolls. It never ends either because as soon as you are done new items come out and everything repeats. At this point if ud like to do all your dailies on couple alts, combined with that new sky fortress thing it's basically full time job.

    Meso_ManZZZzzzMochiAiWeissEmil
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Posts: 66
    Member
    its funnt cuz yall know good and well yall gone log right back on within 3 days
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 76
    Member
    edited 6:53PM December 10, 2018
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    Pack it up boys. Ms2 is too hard for you. All I'm seeing are excuses.

    Also use some proper grammar and coherent sentences. I'm not sure if you even understand what I'm trying to say when you reply to old quotes that aren't related. QUITTED? Come on brother.

    You say you are off to better things yet you are here complaining. When i quit a game, I quit. No need to announce it to a world of players you don't know.

    RGN is depending on "Hard" it depending on luck, same with casino, it depends on on luck, you seem to not see the different on hard and luck, RGN is tend to be frustrating thing in longrun.

    Kids nowaday gotta learn the differents.

    Some people were also born into a great life and others aren't. Should they give up or should they work on other qualities of themselves to improve?

    Most retarded comment you had to say in sentence. Gtfo ur so useless here
    MochiAiWeissEmilDarkGladxx
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 76
    Member
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    its funnt cuz yall know good and well yall gone log right back on within 3 days


    Funny I haven’t logged in for a month cuz I knew it will get worst and my luck assumptions were right. Nexon’s slaves
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Posts: 361
    Member
    UltimaPi wrote: »
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    When you have to refer to a video game's progression as work.

    Because it is work. Whether or not you enjoy doing it is another matter entirely. If you enjoy it, then it doesn't feel like work. If you don't, it feels like drudgery. Either way, it is still a task that must be done to "progress" from point A to point B.

    And the fact that it is treated as work, is a game design problem. That was my point. I just don't agree with any aspect of a game being treated LIKE work. Its unhealthy imo. Earning fun makes no sense, and only MMO players maintain that mindset.

    Ive been the person to quit in frustration, ive been the one to watch months of progression explode in my face due to one bad rng roll. Being stuck at current progress here is merciful compared to what other games put you through.

    People here are only asking that the ride be as fun as the destination and people are offended beyond all get out that people who play games to have fun would dare ask such a thing.
    MochiAi
  • NameIsJacobHereNameIsJacobHere
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Posts: 40
    Member
    i personally like the RNG
    Oh no, it failed, or oh no wrong weapon/stats/armor ect
    when this happens to me i love going back in, trying again, so when it happens, i am thrilled
    and more dungeon runs= learn it more=being able to help newbees since we are a community and shouldnt be selling services to get meso from people who are weaker than s because they need ot more and just helping them and a thank you is payment enough
    While it may be annoying, i can help others so im happy
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Posts: 138
    Member
    glaphen wrote: »
    Players:Sir the ship is on a direct course into an iceberg.
    Captain WiLBoY:So what, don't like it? Abandon ship already.
    Players:B-but we can just change course so everyone can enjoy this cruise ship.
    Captain WiLBoY:Why should I care about those casuals, onward to our destination.

    I actually lol'd to this one. :)
    MochiAi
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 307
    Member
    LMAO Williboi called his Lilboi for help I see, long time no see eyvnn. These guys too dense. Resorting to calling out on someone's grammar, now that is a classic sign of "o duh i gut nuthin to sai duh".
    Pkmdz wrote: »
    Quoted

    Very well written. I can't agree more. The very things happen as people around me jusy quit.

    Williboi, go read her post and try to at least be half her class.