Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Comments

• WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    glaphen wrote: »
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    MochiAi wrote: »
    Nah. There's nothing to discuss with a player who has trouble understanding an argument and starts putting words into another person's mouth. I never said they should have expected a turd storm. I said they should have expected what kind of game this is. Understand?

Oh, it's your signature move, dismissing the other person with few liners. And here I am trying to tell you what you are actually saying by pulling that "they should have expected what kind of game this is". I am sure people joined the game expecting to have an enjoyable time and not get muddled in the current state of the RNG game, smothered with dailies - dailies that give you additional chance to try out your RNG luck at that. So yes, I am telling you that you are basically telling the people that they should have known that they were joining a turd-show, no fixes needed and that everything is fine, and they should deal with it even if all these people are frustrated while playing a game. Get it? That is what you are saying. Because to countless players, the current state of the game is undesirable and frustrating experience.
    It is either these people raise their voice in an attempt to make the game a fun title or they just up and leave as many already did, leaving only the die-hard fans to linger.

Why would I bother writing an essay to explain points to someone who is clearly biased. It's a waste of each other's time. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours.

It doesn't really matter what other players think of the state of the game. You worry too much what others think. It's what you think that matters. If you're unhappy, then why are you still here? There's all these so-called better games out there that you claim that have less RNG, but here you are. Every game has unhappy players, you'll be pretty busy if you had to please them all. Go into every forum and most of what you will see are complaints. Does that mean every game is dying?

Dailies is expected in every F2P MMO. You must not have experienced enough MMOs if you are bothered by dailies.

If you were not expecting a RNG system with dailies/dungeons to attempt more RNG, then I must ask.... what were you expecting?

Players:Sir the ship is on a direct course into an iceberg.
    Captain WiLBoY:So what, don't like it? Abandon ship already.
    Players:B-but we can just change course so everyone can enjoy this cruise ship.
    Captain WiLBoY:Why should I care about those casuals, onward to our destination.

This is your problem. You're too worrying about being a white knight caring about casuals complaining on the forums. You can't even help yourself, how you can help others?

I've probably done already over 100 free CMOC/CDEV and 2 CPAP clears helping out the community so they don't feel like they've fallen behind. What have you done? Just sit here and complain about how difficult raids are. Make some real change rather than crying like a baby on the forums
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,265
    Xionicomad wrote: »

How old are you?

Nice discussion. Cat got your mouth or something? Go back to your can.

Nah. There's nothing to discuss with a player who has trouble understanding an argument and starts putting words into another person's mouth. I never said they should have expected a turd storm. I said they should have expected what kind of game this is. Understand?

You're far too ignorant. This exact attitude is why Wildstar ended up dying and shutting down. The community shut away people with legit complaints and the devs did as well.

I ended up not playing anymore. The current state of the game is boring and I even have 4.2k GS. There is no carrot at the end of the stick for people to stick around. At least with Maplestory 1 they have levels to keep you occupied. This has nothing.

You have 4.2K GS. You can't even raid. No wonder the game is boring for you. I would be too role playing and playing music buddy.

The literal exact thing people said for Wildstar and that game no longer exist.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.
    EinoPkmdzShenRyujinMeso_ManMochiAiMieh
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

How old are you?

You're far too ignorant. This exact attitude is why Wildstar ended up dying and shutting down. The community shut away people with legit complaints and the devs did as well.

I ended up not playing anymore. The current state of the game is boring and I even have 4.2k GS. There is no carrot at the end of the stick for people to stick around. At least with Maplestory 1 they have levels to keep you occupied. This has nothing.

You have 4.2K GS. You can't even raid. No wonder the game is boring for you. I would be too role playing and playing music buddy.

Great comparison. Same thing happened to Dragon Nest and it's still running. Counter example right there.

I mean you are calling someone else stupid, yet here you are. Struggling in an easy game to get into a raid. Big talk, no action.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580

How old are you?

People like you are the worst. That's the worst mindset a person could ever have.
    EinoLilSlaveryXionicomadQtzPkmdzMadraukCryotronMeso_ManMochiAiMieh
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    edited 10:40AM December 10, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »

How old are you?

People like you are the worst. That's the worst mindset a person could ever have.

The worst mindset a person could have is asking to have things handed to them rather than working for it. Whether this is in real society or in Maplestory 2. RNG is in everything, and sometimes you have to deal with what you have and succeed with it.

Do you give up on life because you were born ugly or poor? Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere. Either do something about it or just quit. Lingering around hoping someone can make the situation better for you isn't going to get you anywhere. There's a saying that successful teams use all the time in sports, and that is to only worry about things you can control and not things out of your control. Everything will take care of itself afterwards.
  • DanRPSDanRPS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    Great comparison. Same thing happened to Dragon Nest and it's still running. (...)

Dragon Nest has mixed reviews on Steam.
    With 41players online rn and peak of 2k people playing.

Meso_Man
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    DanRPS wrote: »
    Great comparison. Same thing happened to Dragon Nest and it's still running. (...)

Dragon Nest has mixed reviews on Steam.
    With 41players online rn and peak of 2k people playing.

I knew someone would say that, but I wasn't hoping it was you.

If you knew the history behind it, it has been running since 2011 in North America. It has been running even further back in Korea.

It was said to have died since the start. It has been said to die every single cap for the past 7 years. Every week would be new players complaining and quitting. Yet it still managed to run to this day. No one uses steam to play that game also and it's still running, although on it's last legs. But that is besides the point. It's a F2P MMO that lasted a lot longer than anyone would have thought despite players constantly complaining and quitting.
  • BanxBanx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    edited 10:53AM December 10, 2018
    Well at least they fixed the rng problem in this update. Without bosses to grind, alts to make money to get resources and buy b4 or rerolls u dont even get to try. So problem fixed. Except for mesos buyers, those still have to do with rng, poor guys :(
    iinfernoMieh
  • DanRPSDanRPS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    edited 10:55AM December 10, 2018
    @WiLBoY

If people keep complaining and leaving the game, than its not a success.
    Nevermind that.

We don't see things the way you see and complaining that people do things different than you isn't gonna work.
    Try and consider people's pov for once.

I understand what you're saying but I can't agree with you.
    Its not like people complaining want to log in to the game, hear that "new mail has arrived" line and then receive a full Legendary set.
    We want to feel that our effort is worth something.

When we do the same dungeon over and over again just because our items have rng inside rng and the result of that is loot that is inferior to our current equipment. So it doesn't feel like we're progressing at all.
    Do you get excited to see white weapons drop on the floor? That is what it feels like.
    Plus, you can't even really grind for that since dungeons are capped at 60 times a week (I can't even do 20 without getting bored).

Its not "if I keep doing this, eventually I'll become better!" because there is no sign of that even happening because you still need luck on your side to even reach that point. That is why its hard to even get motivated to do stuff.
    CodeLimeMochiAiMieh
  • XionicomadXionicomad

How old are you?

Great comparison. Same thing happened to Dragon Nest and it's still running. Counter example right there.

I mean you are calling someone else stupid, yet here you are. Struggling in an easy game to get into a raid. Big talk, no action.

Struggling? The game is boring plain and simple. No innovation to achieve anything either. No carrot to chase.

Also Dragons nest is the definition of dead. Literally has almost no players just like Ragnarok Online. It isn't a counter point, but an example that proves the game will die off if change doesn't happen.

But please keep up the attitude, just about no one in this thread agrees with you. That speaks volumes on who is actually only speaking for themselves rather than the game.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    When you have to refer to a video game's progression as work. There's something really wrong there.

Also dude you do realize every change we've gotten so far came from people "complaining".

In the business world every innovation to a product came from someone saying "I don't like this" and making something better. Which then forced existing competitors to adapt or die. Look at blockbuster, look at consumer level film photography. Kodak didn't want to embrace it and wanted to stick to film, and they fell into obscurity for it.

MS2 has too many competitors out there to sit back and not change anything if it wants to succeed. If someone like wilboy was in jungsoo lee's position, MS2 would be just as populated as DN's servers right now.

A server still being hooked up to the internet for people to play on is a low bar of success. Really low. Especially if the company mitigates as many expenses as possible to keep it open for the few remaining whales.

Anyways, its up to Nexon how much they're willing to tweak to please players, and they've already said outright they can't please everyone. I'm personally satisfied but im not gonna take offense to every complaint people make. (Unless its blatantly misinformed.)
    XionicomadMochiAiMieh
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Sherri wrote: »

How old are you?

If college taught me anything that mindset exist because the person desperately wants to validate themselves in order to feel superior to others. It's a self-confidence issue combined with inferiority complex.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Doing raid for what ? What can you do with legendary gear +15 ? Obviously you will end up with doing raid over and over. All your hard earned stuffs will be completely trash when new update comes
    I don't know why some people are so proud of being a PVE hero. Unlike in those PVP game.You definitely cannot do anything to those people who have never done any raid. Although you have full +15 legendary with perfect stats, those fresh level 50 who are good at PVP can still beat you in Arena
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Tis just Williboi being Williboi as usual. His brain -> when in doubt just call them a RPing weeaboo, it is sure to land a critical damage to them since he can't come up with any more of his bs. Lmao.. what a joke.
    On the other hand, I am surprised to hear that DN is still running. Anyone remember Dark Eden? Now I had some fun playing that game back in the days, while it lasted.
    DarkGladxx
  • UltimaPiUltimaPi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    When you have to refer to a video game's progression as work.

Because it is work. Whether or not you enjoy doing it is another matter entirely. If you enjoy it, then it doesn't feel like work. If you don't, it feels like drudgery. Either way, it is still a task that must be done to "progress" from point A to point B.
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    All your hard earned stuffs will be completely trash when new update comes
    ---
    those fresh level 50 who are good at PVP can still beat you in Arena

That's correct. Unfortunately, those people will be ready for the content while everyone else who gave up at some point... aren't.

PvP in traditional Korean MMOs... lol. The only thing Nexon did right was to make an entirely separate pvp equipment set.

---

Complaining about things is fine. Maybe it will bring about change, and maybe it won't. Do keep in mind that this is Nexon we're dealing with here.

• QtzQtz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    edited 12:33PM December 10, 2018
    you maybe are chasing the wrong stuff in this game .

Ok having BiS gear / stats is nice.. but with this RNG is not realy possible so you have a few choices.

1. quit
    2. accept that you will not have BiS gear stats and still enjoy the game with less gear / dps

This game has a lot to offer other then farming gear , housing , collecting skins , music , minigames.. spending time doing stuff with your guild . Yes it could be like an mmo but its not , its more the social aspect of the game that is nice , dont get me wrong i would love a game like this where you could raid and farm like a maniac but its not possible with rng like this without getting tilted , and that would explain the reason why many are leaving .

But i do agree that sometime farming stuff for hours and hours with 0 reward does not feel satisfying... and my luck is not realy good , i have 136 charges with level +13 on my mainhand and got around 4500-5000pets without an epic.. so yeah spending 90 million and 3 nights farming pets and get nothing is not realy the most motivating thing .

Personaly since i gave up on getting the Best gear and i am happy when i get small upgrades and just play stuff with friends / guild i am pretty happy and enjoy the game more .
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    Doing raid for what ? What can you do with legendary gear +15 ? Obviously you will end up with doing raid over and over. All your hard earned stuffs will be completely trash when new update comes
    I don't know why some people are so proud of being a PVE hero. Unlike in those PVP game.You definitely cannot do anything to those people who have never done any raid. Although you have full +15 legendary with perfect stats, those fresh level 50 who are good at PVP can still beat you in Arena

Welcome to MMOs, where old gear becomes useless after new content. Perhaps MMOs aren't for you.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    edited 12:49PM December 10, 2018

How old are you?

Struggling? The game is boring plain and simple. No innovation to achieve anything either. No carrot to chase.

Also Dragons nest is the definition of dead. Literally has almost no players just like Ragnarok Online. It isn't a counter point, but an example that proves the game will die off if change doesn't happen.

But please keep up the attitude, just about no one in this thread agrees with you. That speaks volumes on who is actually only speaking for themselves rather than the game.

Then why are you here? There's so many other great games out there, yet you are on the forums of a game you dislike?
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550

Welcome to MMOs, where old gear becomes useless after new content. Perhaps MMOs aren't for you.
    This must be your first mmo, young boy. The old gears won't be completely trash within 2 updates in BDO and Archeage. Of course you cannot afford those 2 games
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY

This must be your first mmo, young boy. The old gears won't be completely trash within 2 updates in BDO and Archeage. Of course you cannot afford those 2 games

Great assumption. Got both actually, yet those aren't F2P games. Make a better comparison. If you enjoy their system, why are you here?

Oh and let's not talk about affording things. You wouldn't be complaining about a casual game if money wasn't an issue. Yet here you are struggling.