Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Once again your changes help botters.

iinfernoiinferno
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
Posts: 50
Member
in General Chat
With alt onyx being cut by half and rewards from chests character bound despite claiming for weeks that it'd be "account bound", this item now has obviously gone up in price helping botters make even more money since you still see the usual 100k stacks in the market with the only difference that they cost now around 50% more.

This just forces me to either buy what's probably botted onyx since i can no longer send the same amount from my other classes to my main or just wait for the next week to gather enough to enchant, but it doesn't end there....

After adding sky fortress, these faction quests that requiere you to farm items like cherries, mushrooms, potions solvents etc... from monsters screw the economy even further since there are now bots farming these materials to sell at the black market so if there was any possibility for players to have a new source of money its now completely gone and taken over by bots as usual with no consequences whatsoever.

Nothing has been fixed at all, you still get queued with bots at blueshade cave, tronix or w/e... party finder is spammed by meso sellers advertising their sites, bots farming in overworld maps and now selling onyx at a higher price along with these new faction quest items.

Who the hell comes up with these changes seriously? How do you expect to keep people playing when the few sources of making mesos get instantly taken over by these trash sites that force you to pay real money for mesos that you could have made for FREE.

How does this game not have any captcha or verification methods already to stop this blatant cheating on everyone's faces?

This is just getting ret4rd3d at this point, if your intentions are to cripple people's way to make mesos then keep it up you are doing a great job and botters are surely celebrating every update that blocks players from progressing.

Not going to quit yet since i still enjoy some aspects from the game but i can't really blame anyone who does.
ZZZzzzkimiEinoFrostZzMiehPkmdzTeSalvei

Comments

  • hikasihikasi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 955
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited 9:49AM December 9, 2018
    I am on EU server.

    The bots have virtually disappeared... I used to see them in every dungeon, and almost in every location but now I cannot find them at all.

    I do not buy resources from the Black Market so I might be bias but whatever NEXON is doing - they are doing a great job of it.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,315
    Posts: 307
    Member
    I heard EU is dead. Isnt that why bots left that server? NA servers are still packed with bots sadly.
    EinoiinfernoSherriXXPriestXX44MiehPkmdz
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    Posts: 228
    Member
    edited 9:48AM December 9, 2018
    MochiAi wrote: »
    I heard EU is dead.

    Nope
    SherriKarma93MiehXtony
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited 10:11AM December 9, 2018
    Nexon didnt stop gold sellers at all. The gold sellers simply increased their price and keep selling.
    Bots are keep coming back because more people need to buy meso now. B4 run became 7m already, rerolling legendary gears is still overpriced.
    Sky Fortress looks cool but actually terrible. Basically they just added 1 reroll scroll for each part per week. Other items are jokes. 2 green and blue crystal from each NPC per week, really? They are only enough for 1 reroll attempt. Seriously, 1 legendary scroll is nothing due to the brutal RNG. It should be more than 10 scrolls.
    FrostZz
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Posts: 50
    Member
    hikasi wrote: »
    I am on EU server.

    The bots have virtually disappeared... I used to see them in every dungeon, and almost in every location but now I cannot find them at all.

    I do not buy resources from the Black Market so I might be bias but whatever NEXON is doing - they are doing a great job of it.

    Ah the usual bots deniers, it's okay if you use or benefit from them but don't deny the obvious here :

    https://imgur.com/a/tCoVwqu

    "Virtually dissapeared" really? Are we even playing the same game? Let me know if you need some more proof of this nonexistent issue =)

    kimiEino
  • BanxBanx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited 10:15AM December 9, 2018
    They are fighting bots so good they actually increased their price LMAO. Now that rares (varrekant, kandura, even balrog) are worthless because every one is doing the same dgs, now that onyxs cant be grinded, bosses cant be grinded, only way left of getting mesos is to buy from them. This changes make me think conspiracy theory of nexon working with bots are true. Because wtf, its not possible they didnt thought this would happen before making an update.
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Posts: 50
    Member
    Banx wrote: »
    They are fighting bots so good they actually increased their price LMAO. Now that rares (varrekant, kandura, even balrog) are worthless because every one is doing the same dgs, now that onyxs cant be grinded, bosses cant be grinded, only way left of getting mesos is to buy from them. This changes make me think conspiracy theory of nexon working with bots are true. Because wtf, its not possible they didnt thought this would happen before making an update.

    The botting can't be any more "in your face" than it already is, these sites are profiting more than even now that enchanting resources are cut by half for everyone. Some are even buying huge amounts of mesos on a daily basis because who would sell multiple Chaos onyx crystals at 250,000,127 mesos right?
  • RyunaRyuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited 11:04AM December 9, 2018
    The fact they barely do anything to meso buyers also helps the botters, "We also collect logs any time you buy mesos from meso sellers through the Black Market, and those players that purchase mesos from them will get a 30-day suspension, plus lose all the mesos and items obtained by RMT. This is against the Terms of Service, so please stay away from buying mesos from these sellers."

    Why do I get the biggest feeling all you'd need to do is pump that money/items into your gear and not have to worry about your gear getting removed? Even if they do get their enhanced gear rolled back or removed I still think that is being too nice to them. Has no one brought this up yet? I haven't been on the forums for over a week because I was taking a much needed break from this game, but why hasn't anyone commented on the meso buyers? The punishment they get is NOT enough. They knew what they were doing when they decided to buy mesos. It should be a PERMANENT BAN! A 30 day ban is a joke.
    Mieh
  • BanxBanx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited 11:24AM December 9, 2018
    Ryuna wrote: »
    The fact they barely do anything to meso buyers also helps the botters, "We also collect logs any time you buy mesos from meso sellers through the Black Market, and those players that purchase mesos from them will get a 30-day suspension, plus lose all the mesos and items obtained by RMT. This is against the Terms of Service, so please stay away from buying mesos from these sellers."

    Why do I get the biggest feeling all you'd need to do is pump that money/items into your gear and not have to worry about your gear getting removed? Even if they do get their enhanced gear rolled back or removed I still think that is being too nice to them. Has no one brought this up yet? I haven't been on the forums for over a week because I was taking a much needed break from this game, but why hasn't anyone commented on the meso buyers? The punishment they get is NOT enough. They knew what they were doing when they decided to buy mesos. It should be a PERMANENT BAN! A 30 day ban is a joke.

    I posted on several topics already that buyers should be permanent banned. They are not even geting banned, this 30 day and removal of mesos and blablabla are pure bulsht. I didnt see anyone get banned yet, not even blatant ones like people with 1b mesos. Or streamers that shows with 150m from one day to another.
  • WaterfulWaterful
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    Posts: 22
    Member
    If they wanted to fight against meso seller or buyer, they could lower the amount of meso that are needed to unlock gem's socket, stats re-roll and enchantment....By Lowing the costs you will be also lowing the demand on meso.
    ZZZzzzFrostZzPkmdz
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Posts: 361
    Member
    They really just need ingame hands on mods to stifle the botters.

    Relying on automation just means the botters will change their algorithm to avoid detection.

    Manpower.
    DragonicWolf
  • WimbledofyWimbledofy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Posts: 6
    Member
    Ryuna wrote: »
    The fact they barely do anything to meso buyers also helps the botters, "We also collect logs any time you buy mesos from meso sellers through the Black Market, and those players that purchase mesos from them will get a 30-day suspension, plus lose all the mesos and items obtained by RMT. This is against the Terms of Service, so please stay away from buying mesos from these sellers."

    Why do I get the biggest feeling all you'd need to do is pump that money/items into your gear and not have to worry about your gear getting removed? Even if they do get their enhanced gear rolled back or removed I still think that is being too nice to them. Has no one brought this up yet? I haven't been on the forums for over a week because I was taking a much needed break from this game, but why hasn't anyone commented on the meso buyers? The punishment they get is NOT enough. They knew what they were doing when they decided to buy mesos. It should be a PERMANENT BAN! A 30 day ban is a joke.

    A 30 day ban is a joke??? Not only is the person losing all the money they just wasted, they are getting a 30 day ban on top of that. How is that not a significant punishment? You really think that a person that isn't patient enough to get their items in game over time is going to be patient enough to wait for a 30 day ban to expire? You really think you would come back to this game after getting banned for 30 days?
    ZZZzzz
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Posts: 50
    Member
    Ryuna wrote: »
    The fact they barely do anything to meso buyers also helps the botters, "We also collect logs any time you buy mesos from meso sellers through the Black Market, and those players that purchase mesos from them will get a 30-day suspension, plus lose all the mesos and items obtained by RMT. This is against the Terms of Service, so please stay away from buying mesos from these sellers."

    Why do I get the biggest feeling all you'd need to do is pump that money/items into your gear and not have to worry about your gear getting removed? Even if they do get their enhanced gear rolled back or removed I still think that is being too nice to them. Has no one brought this up yet? I haven't been on the forums for over a week because I was taking a much needed break from this game, but why hasn't anyone commented on the meso buyers? The punishment they get is NOT enough. They knew what they were doing when they decided to buy mesos. It should be a PERMANENT BAN! A 30 day ban is a joke.

    They don't ban meso buyers i agree but can you really blame them for buying? W/e method or resources that are worth the time and money are just taken by botters to the point it's not worth farming for a player.

    I've seen some mor0n suggest to undercut bots, but thats just stupid you can't undercut hundreds of machines farming 24/7 every day since launch because even if botters sold onyx at 100 mesos each they still sell millions on a daily basis making sure is not profitable for anyone but them.

    Now with onyx being cut in half and the other half becoming character bound it can take weeks or months for people to even get their legendary gear from +10 to +12 for example.

    This leaves most players with limited options, one of them being buying mesos used to buy onyx from bots, which they resell later at the same sites probably to the same individual and bankrupting the rest of the playerbase.

    I'm really smfh and don't understand what goes through their minds when coming up with some of these decisions, although i appreciate their effort and communication.

  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,315
    Posts: 307
    Member
    30 days ban will most likely make the player quit anyways. A person who was compelled enough to buy meso to be competitive wont be returning after 30 days ban. But the 30 days ban itself gives the remaining players to ponder since rmt in any other title would guarantee a permenant ban.
    My guess is they want to keep even the rmting players for future updates. I dont see why they would enable the accounts to be active again otherwise.
    Wimbledofy
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    Posts: 201
    Member
    MochiAi wrote: »
    My guess is they want to keep even the rmting players for future updates. I dont see why they would enable the accounts to be active again otherwise.

    I suspect that if they are willing to spend money on mesos, they are also more than willing to spend money on in game items. After all, it's not the mesos that people are after but the progress or perceived power they can purchase, isn't it?
    Veremisia
  • ÄrtÄrt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,490
    Posts: 201
    Member
    Part i liked most about this update are weapon reroll scrolls from boyond and temple, you get exactly 1 after 30 dungeons xD Whats the point even...
    This update was very gold bot friendly, limiting alt onyx by alot for normal players but still letting bots farm +0 items all day and sell that onyx. Also creating even more mob drops that can be farmed and sold by them. good luck farming 30 cornelian cherries or solvents every day just to turn them in for quest on couple characters, you basically have to buy them from gold bots. They dont care about leveling changes either, since grinding normal mobs 24/7 will still get them to 60 in couple days, but with changes to performing and fishing xp items that boost xp from cooking and normal boosters became basically useless. Onyx you get from dailies and dungs is only enough for couple tries per week and you can easily fail 10+ times in a row with 30% chance, which really feels more like 5%. Only good change were weapon copy items, but thats only good if you buy onyx from bots. Well that and performance improvements, they fixed that gigantic memory leak.
    FrostZziinferno
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 76
    Member

    iinferno wrote: »
    With alt onyx being cut by half and rewards from chests character bound despite claiming for weeks that it'd be "account bound", this item now has obviously gone up in price helping botters make even more money since you still see the usual 100k stacks in the market with the only difference that they cost now around 50% more.

    This just forces me to either buy what's probably botted onyx since i can no longer send the same amount from my other classes to my main or just wait for the next week to gather enough to enchant, but it doesn't end there....

    After adding sky fortress, these faction quests that requiere you to farm items like cherries, mushrooms, potions solvents etc... from monsters screw the economy even further since there are now bots farming these materials to sell at the black market so if there was any possibility for players to have a new source of money its now completely gone and taken over by bots as usual with no consequences whatsoever.

    Nothing has been fixed at all, you still get queued with bots at blueshade cave, tronix or w/e... party finder is spammed by meso sellers advertising their sites, bots farming in overworld maps and now selling onyx at a higher price along with these new faction quest items.

    Who the hell comes up with these changes seriously? How do you expect to keep people playing when the few sources of making mesos get instantly taken over by these trash sites that force you to pay real money for mesos that you could have made for FREE.

    How does this game not have any captcha or verification methods already to stop this blatant cheating on everyone's faces?

    This is just getting ret4rd3d at this point, if your intentions are to cripple people's way to make mesos then keep it up you are doing a great job and botters are surely celebrating every update that blocks players from progressing.

    Not going to quit yet since i still enjoy some aspects from the game but i can't really blame anyone who does.

    It has already been retarded since day one... how could ppl be that stupid playing this?
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Posts: 50
    Member
    Ärt wrote: »
    Part i liked most about this update are weapon reroll scrolls from boyond and temple, you get exactly 1 after 30 dungeons xD Whats the point even...
    This update was very gold bot friendly, limiting alt onyx by alot for normal players but still letting bots farm +0 items all day and sell that onyx. Also creating even more mob drops that can be farmed and sold by them. good luck farming 30 cornelian cherries or solvents every day just to turn them in for quest on couple characters, you basically have to buy them from gold bots. They dont care about leveling changes either, since grinding normal mobs 24/7 will still get them to 60 in couple days, but with changes to performing and fishing xp items that boost xp from cooking and normal boosters became basically useless. Onyx you get from dailies and dungs is only enough for couple tries per week and you can easily fail 10+ times in a row with 30% chance, which really feels more like 5%. Only good change were weapon copy items, but thats only good if you buy onyx from bots. Well that and performance improvements, they fixed that gigantic memory leak.

    A 1000% agreed it is an extremely nice and bot friendly update, after all they also need to keep botters happy since they make about 50% of the population already.

    They also need to start openly encouraging regular players to bot themselves and provide maybe some paid bots for merets in order to be able to play the game casually as it was said.
    ZZZzzzPkmdz
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,500
    Posts: 138
    Member
    iinferno wrote: »
    hikasi wrote: »
    I am on EU server.

    The bots have virtually disappeared... I used to see them in every dungeon, and almost in every location but now I cannot find them at all.

    I do not buy resources from the Black Market so I might be bias but whatever NEXON is doing - they are doing a great job of it.

    Ah the usual bots deniers, it's okay if you use or benefit from them but don't deny the obvious here :

    https://imgur.com/a/tCoVwqu

    "Virtually dissapeared" really? Are we even playing the same game? Let me know if you need some more proof of this nonexistent issue =)

    I saw them disappear, but then I decided to "manually" level up my SoulBinder and I found them all... weirdly moving from place to place, trying to escape mobs, doing dungeon runs. If you wish, you can use them to get the dungeons done without doing anything (while you smoke a cigarette?) even though they might take a lot of time