Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Does it matter what Epic bow I use?

FallMoonFallMoon
MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
in Archer
I kind of hate the design of the Murpagoth bow, does it really matter what type of epic I use?

Comments

• lazimilazimi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    its Depend on you i totally prefer the Buff of Murpagoth

but the other buff its nice to and anyway u can buy bow from shop
    FallMoon
  • AezariaAezaria
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    Murpagoth is the best bow. Also, if you don't like the design, there are many nice designs over the meret shop.
  • TheCurrySauseBanditTheCurrySauseBandit
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    Aezaria wrote: »
    Murpagoth is the best bow. Also, if you don't like the design, there are many nice designs over the meret shop.

What makes it the best bow? I've been hearing MSL is at least comparable if not better. So I've been highly confused as too which to choose.
    Teakwood
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    edited 5:41AM November 27, 2018
    Aezaria wrote: »

What makes it the best bow? I've been hearing MSL is at least comparable if not better. So I've been highly confused as too which to choose.

ehm the fact that it gives you nearly 30 + physical attack i u have 300+ . and in raids its even crazier. basicly it gives u like 120+ at 300 physical attack. and thats alot.

since the best option is Crit - Crit dmg build for archers. going attack speed + Crit rate wouldn't be as good.
  • LockeExileLockeExile
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    since the best option is Crit - Crit dmg build for archers.
    how do you figure that?
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    LockeExile wrote: »
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    since the best option is Crit - Crit dmg build for archers.
    how do you figure that?

because Sharp eyes gives so much Crit and acc. it basicly gives like 150 Crit rate. and 5 accuracy. maxed out. and without it u barely crit and u will do far less dmg.

also because you can get like total 230% crit dmg which is going to do far more dmg then anything else.
  • MynameisAlfieriMynameisAlfieri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    Let me weigh in on this. Let's say your crit rate is 20% which is about right for SE. If you have 230% cd which is probably the highest possible, when doing 100 attacks, 80 will hit for about 100% and 20 will hit for 230%. That's about 12600% which is 126% per attack when averaged. Now the question is, if you replace crit damage with pierce, will it increase your damage by 26%? Also, you can have crit damage and pierce, so what are you sacrificing to obtain this crit damage? I've been told pierce is 1:1 and scales a little more when higher, so let's say you need 20% pierce to get a 26% damage increase. How hard is it to obtain 20% pierce on gear vs 105% cd on gear? Lastly, its worth noting crit resistance. I have not seen any info on it but from what I expect, pierce is not negated, and crit is, therefore pierce is a safer bet. Regardless, I plan to build pierce crit damage. Dex gives hidden acc I think and I've seen shortest time cdev rankings with archers having sorta low acc.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,485
    It mostly depends on what you're doing but:

If Fair Fight isn't a factor: Murpagoth Warrior Bow

If Fair Fight is a factor: MSL Onyx Bow
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Fair fight will never be a factor for raiding ...
    DanDK
  • RichterRichter
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I think Murpa vs MSL is merely preference. Murpa is a stronger but a less reliable option while MSL is slightly weaker but it is up almost all the time.