Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

buff archers already

TobrixieTobrixie
MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
edited 2:13PM October 18, 2018 in Archer
can you buff archers already nexon so we won't be nothing but inferior wizards tyvm (hard to call it an inferior wizard even but you get my point)
DaekrothDefraglifeKelPixelPantsuZugaIllIIlMercedesNoLongergimmeahugValchirion

Comments

• MercedesNoLongerMercedesNoLonger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,135
    Honestly our class is really used for the buff to make everyone not miss which is very important, but that's not what an archer is... Our class is weak but no one at Nexon is listening, they don't get that our 1 dash takes 4 stamina, and our damage is low compared to many classes, it can be decent if we're funded and geared but even then our damage is low compared to other classes. Wizards get strong elemental damage (fire) and that gives them a big damage increase, on top of that they get damage boosts through their buffs. Archers are honestly just a weak class, I feel like they should be crit based, I don't get why assassins get crit and damage through LUK
  • RainiSkiesRainiSkies
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Honestly our class is really used for the buff to make everyone not miss which is very important, but that's not what an archer is... Our class is weak but no one at Nexon is listening, they don't get that our 1 dash takes 4 stamina, and our damage is low compared to many classes, it can be decent if we're funded and geared but even then our damage is low compared to other classes. Wizards get strong elemental damage (fire) and that gives them a big damage increase, on top of that they get damage boosts through their buffs. Archers are honestly just a weak class, I feel like they should be crit based, I don't get why assassins get crit and damage through LUK

We get accuracy from Dex. We hardly need Acc bonus attributes
  • MynameisAlfieriMynameisAlfieri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    Currently Luk doesnt increase crit rate. This is being fixed though be the devs
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    why? archers are pretty dam strong you just need the proper build. Crit + crit dmg will greatly up that dmg. seeing we only have 61% base dmg
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    why? archers are pretty dam strong you just need the proper build. Crit + crit dmg will greatly up that dmg. seeing we only have 61% base dmg

archers aren't strong and we don't use crit damage, it even says in the archer guide we should use dex and dex only.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    edited 1:30AM December 4, 2018

archers aren't strong and we don't use crit damage, it even says in the archer guide we should use dex and dex only.

no your just following a bad guide.. Crit + Crit dmg is vastly stronger. and also if archers are weak how come one my of my guild mates who got semi good gear did 180mil in Cdev? cause archers are not weak.

also why do u think we get SE? cause we are suppose to go Crit rate.. it gives like 130 Crit rate. and 5 accuracy..

also 260% crit dmg is about 4% better then 30% piercing.

yes theres multiple builds

30% piercing + Boss dmg
    40% Crit rate + 260% crit dmg + Boss dmg. is vastly stronger.

no your just following a bad guide.. Crit + Crit dmg is vastly stronger. and also if archers are weak how come one my of my guild mates who got semi good gear did 180mil in Cdev? cause archers are not weak.

also why do u think we get SE? cause we are suppose to go Crit rate.. it gives like 130 Crit rate. and 5 accuracy..

30% piercing + Boss dmg

crit archer gets nerfed because later on bosses take reduced crit damage, on top of that it's only 40% crit which is crazy low. SE does give you 13% crit but in the end event hat's lot a lot. piercing scales with bosses and crit damage will be lowered. I do cdev and well and you can do 200m damage in cdev if you have the right build as well.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    edited 5:55AM December 4, 2018

30% piercing + Boss dmg

crit archer gets nerfed because later on bosses take reduced crit damage, on top of that it's only 40% crit which is crazy low. SE does give you 13% crit but in the end event hat's lot a lot. piercing scales with bosses and crit damage will be lowered. I do cdev and well and you can do 200m damage in cdev if you have the right build as well.

eh SE gives 13% crit.. and it does give 130 Crit rate.. which has been found to be 13%.
    and no bosses do not take reduced crit dmg. try test it yourself. on a dummy preferable chaos dummy and see. i do roughly 12-20k crits with no piercing on a dummy and Cdev and also only got a 12+ weapon.

also 40% crit is more then enough. i dont think you actually know how it works? look at majority of games. 30-40% crit rate is often going to benefit u alot more then anything else.

using Rapid shot i crit 1/2 attacks. and i attack about 10 times per sec.. which means i Often crit 5/10 times. sometimes less sometimes more. highest i have seen is 7/10 being crits.

and the fact that if i do 10k hit and its a crit it would be around 30k crit +-. with just 200%. and 260% it would be 42k +

crit never gets nerfed nor will it have less impact. you just need more Crit rate if it so happens. but it wont.
  • RainiSkiesRainiSkies
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    There has to be a decent balance between crit rate and damage for it to be good. For example, lets say you do 10000% damage over an entire fight. This is neglecting critting. Taking a basic crit value of an archer with SE, I believe it is around 15-20%. Let's say 20 in this instance. With 125% CD, and 20% crit rate, this would result in 8000% + (2000% x 1.25) = 10500%. Now, lets say we reach 40% crit rate and 200% crit damage, 6000% + (4000% x 2.0) = 14000%. For this to be equivalent, one would need approximately a 40% increased which would be like 30% pierce and 10% boss damage on accessories? Not too sure about the accuracy of it because I have heard more pierce causes it to be like 1% pierce = 1.2% damage increase or something like that. Anyways, with considering this, 40% crit rate and 200% CD does leave some room for obtaining pierce or maybe boss damage. I neglect boss damage off armor since both builds would use the same. Therefore, assuming your weapon is still pierce/phy pierce, you need to compare max pierce/boss damage with crit/critdamage/boss damage. I will look at max stats possible for all gear and calculate it since idk the max all accessories can reach. As for crit debuff, I believe I heard it was crit rate reduction, not crit damage, but I am not entirely sure. If it was crit damage reduction, wouldn't that make assassins horrible? I am going crit/crit damage cuz I think its more fun and because one of the top archers who cleared cpap is going crit build.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    RainiSkies wrote: »
    There has to be a decent balance between crit rate and damage for it to be good. For example, lets say you do 10000% damage over an entire fight. This is neglecting critting. Taking a basic crit value of an archer with SE, I believe it is around 15-20%. Let's say 20 in this instance. With 125% CD, and 20% crit rate, this would result in 8000% + (2000% x 1.25) = 10500%. Now, lets say we reach 40% crit rate and 200% crit damage, 6000% + (4000% x 2.0) = 14000%. For this to be equivalent, one would need approximately a 40% increased which would be like 30% pierce and 10% boss damage on accessories? Not too sure about the accuracy of it because I have heard more pierce causes it to be like 1% pierce = 1.2% damage increase or something like that. Anyways, with considering this, 40% crit rate and 200% CD does leave some room for obtaining pierce or maybe boss damage. I neglect boss damage off armor since both builds would use the same. Therefore, assuming your weapon is still pierce/phy pierce, you need to compare max pierce/boss damage with crit/critdamage/boss damage. I will look at max stats possible for all gear and calculate it since idk the max all accessories can reach. As for crit debuff, I believe I heard it was crit rate reduction, not crit damage, but I am not entirely sure. If it was crit damage reduction, wouldn't that make assassins horrible? I am going crit/crit damage cuz I think its more fun and because one of the top archers who cleared cpap is going crit build.

alot of people noticed that piercing isnt as they intially had a idea about. also if u can't get 40% crit then do Crit/Crit dmg. then just go piercing. this is mainly for RB,Wizard etc.
  • gimmeahuggimmeahug
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    All for a buff, being ranged with the uptime is great and all but the DPS isn't all there / as fast as other classes imo
  • RichterRichter
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 5:37PM December 8, 2018
    I hate how nobody even talks about Bowswing. Okay, it exists, and somehow I can deal the same damage as with any orthodox build, but if we are going to buff Archer, can we not forget about Bowswing as well?

EDIT: Bowswing clearly needs a buff, or rather, Ice Shot needs a buff, because it doesn't apply freeze stacks to bosses, meaning you can never deal extra damage with Bowswing.
  • gimmeahuggimmeahug
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    melee skills for archer need to be buffed given the sacrifice you give, right now there's really only one build viable, and its mediocre
  • MavilMavil
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Idk about you guys, but i'm a crit dmg archer sitting at 240% crit dmg currently. I have a +10 legendary and i can easily outdps a +11 wizard who's following a meta build while the rest of our gear except the wep have relatively similar values