May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

DD account boosting and meso buying - bans?

BuuuuuutwhYBuuuuuutwhY
MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
in General Chat
Removing DD belts from boosted people isn't enough and neither is removing gains from meso buyers.

Looking at DD rankings from last season on NAW, barely any of the blatantly boosted people lost their belt. Simply losing a belt isn't enough of a deterrent to discourage the majority of not so obvious boosted people from getting boosted either. At the very least temp bans need to be handed out. Same thing with meso buyers. Are bans going to be happening?
EinoMiehPkmdzDanDK

Comments

• ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    1. Well ... they don't lose their belt if they were not boosted. Have you ever thought about releasing/improving a DD guide for your class? If not maybe you should start to work with your community to advance in DD.

2. Meso buyers will always find a way to get their money no matter how secure a game is. You should not worry about things like that tbh. Find a community with a progression pace similar to your own and you are good.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Why are you so serious ? You should knew there is no fair in this game
    There are trophy boosting and architect boosting too. Nobody will get banned, all of them got ton of ways and excuses to avoid getting banned
    DanDK
  • PeepPeep
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,055
    I think they should have their belt removed and be banned for the next DD season if they are found to be boosted on ranks. This means they miss out on the belt for 2 seasons. It's too minor for a huge ban. If a ban was to be handed out. Maybe 3 days? I dunno.

These people are pathetic though. DD is competitive content which you should be doing on your own. It's already easy enough with all the idiots releasing video guides on how to do each stage. Like really? Why the hell would you make a guide for competitive content????! It doesn't promote competition. All it does is progressivly make players worse because they rely on a guide to get them through.

Meso buyers on the other hand should not only have all gains removed but get a 30-60 day ban from actually accessing the game. Imo that is huge because this game is so daily/weekly heavy that they would miss out on a ton of stuff if they got banned.

• facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    Peep wrote: »
    I think they should have their belt removed and be banned for the next DD season if they are found to be boosted on ranks. This means they miss out on the belt for 2 seasons. It's too minor for a huge ban. If a ban was to be handed out. Maybe 3 days? I dunno.

These people are pathetic though. DD is competitive content which you should be doing on your own. It's already easy enough with all the idiots releasing video guides on how to do each stage. Like really? Why the hell would you make a guide for competitive content????! It doesn't promote competition. All it does is progressivly make players worse because they rely on a guide to get them through.

Meso buyers on the other hand should not only have all gains removed but get a 30-60 day ban from actually accessing the game. Imo that is huge because this game is so daily/weekly heavy that they would miss out on a ton of stuff if they got banned.

There should be no mercy for meso ban - perm ban should be the only solution. Clearly not happening. No1 is getting ban in this game for any misconduct.
    DanDKOddieASDFMeso_Man
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    It's a Nexon game. The answer is no.
    Any exploit can be pushed to and beyond the limit without any consequences whatsoever. Nexon completely ignores organized abuse, teaming, trolling, griefing, service and currency trading. They proved that for an entire month during Mushking and continue to do so within the game itself. There is zero moderation and only a little strict lecturing sometimes ("please do not abuse this") but nothing ever happens.
    Meso_Man
  • OddieASDFOddieASDF
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,580
    edited 10:39AM December 10, 2018
    Here's my experience with reporting DD boosting so far:
    - noticed they're punishing boosted animals
    - opened a ticket showing data on suspicious people
    - got told to report them using the in-game function
    The deal is: I can't find the report interface unless I'm on the same map or right click their message, which will never happen 'cause I have no idea how to find them nor will break my anonymity PMing them just to report.

- submitted another ticket telling them it'll not be possible to report in-game
    - they told me to "send a screenshot proving it"
    Like, how the heck do I send a screenshot on this regard? All the data is out there for anyone to analyze... They just need the names and proofcheck it themselves.

Also, regarding the punishment: a 3-days ban for each account someone boosted + 3-days ban for those who received boosting should be enough to make them think twice before risking it. In my server the top 10 for a certain class is pretty much the same one person boosting other people.
  • CodeLimeCodeLime
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 880
    edited 10:56AM December 10, 2018
    Boosting is no different than characters that buy dungeon runs. Both require 1 players time but you don't see nexon trying to stop dungeon selling lol. What do you guys expect when you run a community this way its the type of players you get. A group of skilled players thinking they should be making money to play this game because they are so 'skilled'. Those are the players you need to crack down on.

That being said people need to stop Fake reporting. It slows the real reports down. When i was farming solvents you know how many people would hover around me and my guess is report because its a grindy game. It doesn't help and makes it harder for them to find the real abusers. I am sure this is the reason why it took so long for them to see boosting. Since its always been around.
  • OddieASDFOddieASDF
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,580
    CodeLime wrote: »
    Boosting is no different than characters that buy dungeon runs.
    One requires you to share your account with someone else, which is obviously against the ToS. Dungeons are intended to be cleared in group, DD is not. Its progress is supposed to be only yours.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    edited 12:31PM December 10, 2018
    They should just remove the belt from game. That is the best solution.
    I could always pay somebody to come to my house and boost my character. How can you prove that I shared my account? People can cheat in plenty ways without being caught
    OddieASDF
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    They got banned for 100 years OMEGALUL
  • MorokuMoroku
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    70 posts about meso buying and DD boosting later... Nexon will fix it. Calm your panties.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Grow some balls and perma ban them, Nexon.
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 5:59PM December 11, 2018
    I noticed the in-game meso spammers are now advertising "home designing".

Account-sharing house boosting - the next ban frontier! =P