May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Why I'm CLOSE to quitting.

Comments

• TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 11:09PM December 7, 2018
    I don’t know why so many people want to turn a blind eye to the problems in MS2. I complain not because I hate the game but because I love it. It is so frustrating that the game has so much potential but instead of using it, forces us into doing tedious content and hopes that by locking progression behind daily caps and unrewarding rng that we will continue to play for a long time.

I would rather complain and try to help the devs improve the game than pretend everything is perfect while all my friends are quitting around me.
    ArSkulderMiehKayshaKarma93TeSalvei
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,315
    I have come to believe that Nexon America can't do a thing, they just run the server and such, and all the decisions are made from the HQ back in Korea. Developers back in Korea probably don't know much about the Western player-base and are most likely too stubborn to make necessary changes. There is a reason why KMS2 is a dead tree and the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
    ClericeruTalnovaMiehXtonyKarma93TeSalveiPkmdz
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    edited 11:04PM December 7, 2018
    MochiAi wrote: »
    I have come to believe that Nexon America can't do a thing, they just run the server and such, and all the decisions are made from the HQ back in Korea. Developers back in Korea probably don't know much about the Western player-base and are most likely too stubborn to make necessary changes. There is a reason why KMS2 is a dead tree and the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

I do believe this is it. It's looking to me as if they never intended to make a fully fleshed out game for us, but maintain a small one with costumes and emotes that bring in enough money. The RNG will ensure that the game lasts for a while. People will eventually get tired of pulling the lever just for the chance to progress if they haven't already. To be honest, I'm really disappointed.
    TalnovaMieh
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,315
    Clericeru wrote: »
    I do believe this is it. It's looking to me as if they never intended to make a fully fleshed out game for us, but maintain a small one with costumes and emotes that bring in enough money. The RNG will ensure that the game lasts for a while. People will eventually get tired of pulling the lever just for the chance to progress if they haven't already. To be honest, I'm really disappointed.

Indeed. I mean the game can continue and survive with minimal population necessary to keep their salaries and upkeep, etc. I intend to play until the game I am waiting for comes out, but I guarantee you, when the next mmo comes out and if it is half decent then Maple World will be deserted at this rate. At this point, I feel bad for JS as it seems his hands are tied and, possibly, his opinions and suggestions thrown at Nexon Korea is getting tossed into the garbage. Who knows what is going on, it is a mystery to us.
    TalnovaClericeruMieh
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    I am complaining because the rewards suck. I refused to do normal raid because i feel insulted

You may complain about that. I was just interested in what people have to say :)
    i believe its 3 ncdev = 1 hcdev in term of reqards, i have been running hcdev so i dont really have much problem, but finding hcmoc practice is pretty hard for me so i guess ncmoc work out just fine, i could practice in ncmoc and maybe even clear it
    3 ncmoc is till better than no hcmoc at all
    ClericeruTalnova
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    edited 11:27PM December 7, 2018
    MochiAi wrote: »
    At this point, I feel bad for JS as it seems his hands are tied and, possibly, his opinions and suggestions thrown at Nexon Korea is getting tossed into the garbage. Who knows what is going on, it is a mystery to us.

Me too. It just doesn't seem fair on him at all, especially with the recent onyx binding debacle. They talked a lot about being transparent, yet I'm not really seeing a lot of it. I'm getting the idea that design decisions are being made in the name of stopping bots, when they are really trying to slow down peoples progression to prevent them from consuming content too quickly.

I suppose I'm like you now, just waiting for something else to come out. I bought the founders pack, hoping that this game would be home for years to come. I was wrong.
    TalnovaLilSlavery
  • Karma93Karma93
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    DanDK wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    people just whining over an MMO being an MMO.

I cannot believe that people like you can spout statements like that uncontested.
    Have you ever played a proper MMO in your life?
    Almost everything that is wrong with MS2 since the very start (and that they have continued to ignore forever) is that it plays nothing like a normal MMO. The dungeons are a huge joke and basically overglorified boss fights. Gathering and crafting are simplistic, repetitive actions. Combat is bland button-mashing. Side activities provide no progression or anything else that feels fulfilling. The only thing they've focused on for two months is trying to push dungeons and raids which is their weakest content. The storyline is a freaking excuse plot designed to rush players to endgame in 5 hours. The only activities to keep players going are repeating the same things over and over every day to hide the fact that there exists no real content.
    Saying that this is a MMO is an insult to MMOs everywhere.
    People are whining because this is not a MMO and refuses to learn from proper MMO formulas.

I
    Love
    It.

xD 1m vote for you....I remember, a kind of 10 years ago, wherein every MMO if you want to achieve a single good weapon it requires TIME!
    The difference from an MMO and a MOBA is exactly here... MMOs are for players who love doing stuff in order to achieve something in the future.
    No instant gratification, No fast play, No super fast-paced environment.
    Not in MS2 is: rush...
    Rush dungeon for equip
    Rush trophies for ranking
    Rush Alt char for more gold...
    Jesus!
    I was HC player when I was at HighSchool, I gave my 100% time to MMOs especially Dragon Nest(Nexon too) BUT I never run like this...(now DN is the same as MS2 .....)
    Since they need a new player they...Run!....

I understand that it is not fun seeing some unreachable people on the rank list, just because they have started earlier....but at the same time It is not fun seeing a new player competing vs some super good old player that has devoted the last months at 100% to the game...

A balanced way is the key...

Right now, there is no personal attachment to the character or the game in my opinion ....since the first beta it is just "run..."
    Personally, I love grind(old school, I know...) but I understand who doesn't like it or who loves to collect things or who loves pvp ect ect .... again, the difference btw an MMO and a MOBA is the progression day by day, based on hard work and constancy,NOT only PERSONAL SKILLS like soccer or other stuff...

MMO players, normally, they are calculators and workaholics, not just ability or "luck "....
    luck must be reduced to the minimum possible ... otherwise, as it always happens we end up in p2w ...
    "buy the new package, you'll get 10% more ass" .. (and this is a stupid example)

Also Dungeons, except Raids, have to be accessible BY EVERYBODY ..... Not just "some"players...

Who plays just because like the game, has the same right of the HC player on the top 10 on the rank list...

Don't make MMOs like this shitty world... a lot of us are not rich ...and in the real-life cannot compete vs who has tons of money /power...

all the same, try to do something better, it does not hurt=)

cheers!
    ZZZzzzClericeru
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    edited 10:46AM December 8, 2018
    WallSeries wrote: »
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    I am complaining because the rewards suck. I refused to do normal raid because i feel insulted

You may complain about that. I was just interested in what people have to say :)
    i believe its 3 ncdev = 1 hcdev in term of reqards, i have been running hcdev so i dont really have much problem, but finding hcmoc practice is pretty hard for me so i guess ncmoc work out just fine, i could practice in ncmoc and maybe even clear it
    3 ncmoc is till better than no hcmoc at all

Normal raid is only good for practice but it will waste your opportunity to get reward in hard raid. It looks weird when i am going to leave in the end the practice just for not getting the reward.
    There is another thing i hate is the time gate. I will fall behind forever if i fell behind in the previous weeks.
    mirta000Clericeru
  • WittlePlushyWittlePlushy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    edited 8:50AM December 11, 2018
    People are already complaining about normal mode chaos raids btw

Where?

Join one with players who haven't cleared hard cdev or cmoc before and you'll watch people ragequit and/or complain how bs the mechanics are. You can also join a guild with new players and watch them rage in guild chat as they attempt for their first times. Then inversely the people who beat it on hard mode are insulted that they made the boss so easy. Mainly because doing hard mode they had to suffer for weeks to finally clear.