Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Chow Chow Pet

BaronLövatBaronLövat
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
Posts: 141
Member
in General Chat
...Is character bound, not account bound.

..really Nexon? Everything else you pay cash for is account bound, why is this pet character bound.

....god dammit
TalnovaGummybitesMeso_Man

Comments

  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited 7:12PM December 3, 2018
    I'm thinking because transferring pets is like transferring gear. All gear and weapons are character bound once used right?
    DanDKTessadryl
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    Posts: 141
    Member
    I think because the Chow is not a battle pet and is a cosmetic pet, you didn't think that comment through.
    DanDK
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited 7:43PM December 3, 2018
    It's not that I didn't think it through, I just didn't know what kinda pet it was. My guess though is that they lumped all pets in their own category of "gear".
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    Posts: 2,569
    Member
    Actually, all normal pets are character bound, so your argument is invalid.
    The capsules they come in are account bound exactly so it doesn't matter which character you purchase them on, but once you open them they are all character bound. The reason why is likely connected to the fact that they are an extension of your inventory space, so if they could be freely moved around you'd practically have flexible amounts of inventory space on all characters which would again mean that nobody would ever spend Merets again to expand tabs.
    Sammich88
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited 3:40AM December 4, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    Actually, all normal pets are character bound, so your argument is invalid.
    The capsules they come in are account bound exactly so it doesn't matter which character you purchase them on, but once you open them they are all character bound. The reason why is likely connected to the fact that they are an extension of your inventory space, so if they could be freely moved around you'd practically have flexible amounts of inventory space on all characters which would again mean that nobody would ever spend Merets again to expand tabs.
    That sounds very reasonable. I actually don't even use the inventory on the pets that have it so I totally forgot that was a thing lol. Thanks for the reminder, gonna place all my duplicate weapons on Pumpky now.
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    Posts: 138
    Member
    If you ever want character bound stuff on another character, it would take about 1 month for them to do it. Just got my pet pumky in December.
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Posts: 544
    Forum Moderator
    I tend to agree that everything bought with merets should be account bound and not character bound, but I also understand that some things are not (inventory space and such).

    I have forwarded this to the team at Nexon.
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    Posts: 183
    Member
    Also you do realize that if they make it account bound, you could move everything character bound to another char right? But at some point , if you you make it account bound , it would be useless anyway since it would share the same space for every char
  • FuriousOniFuriousOni
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    Posts: 17
    Member
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    If you ever want character bound stuff on another character, it would take about 1 month for them to do it. Just got my pet pumky in December.

    Wow okay so that explains why it's taking them so long just to transfer a name badge. It's a stupid $1.50 but I thought they'd help me since I already spent almost $200 in 2 months.
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
    Posts: 141
    Member
    Naho wrote: »
    Also you do realize that if they make it account bound, you could move everything character bound to another char right? But at some point , if you you make it account bound , it would be useless anyway since it would share the same space for every char

    1: You assume they couldn't make it so the pet's inventory has to be empty to bank it. Pretty sure they can figure that out.
    2: Yes, moving a pet from character A to character B would just shift the slot total from 1 char to another, welcome to simple math 101.
    3: The point is, you can ONLY get 1 of these pets because as far as I can tell, you can only buy/activate 1 wonder scroll for the corresponding month at a time. It's not like the Halloween carriage where you can just farm multiples. You only get the 1.
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    Posts: 183
    Member
    Naho wrote: »
    Also you do realize that if they make it account bound, you could move everything character bound to another char right? But at some point , if you you make it account bound , it would be useless anyway since it would share the same space for every char

    1: You assume they couldn't make it so the pet's inventory has to be empty to bank it. Pretty sure they can figure that out.
    2: Yes, moving a pet from character A to character B would just shift the slot total from 1 char to another, welcome to simple math 101.
    3: The point is, you can ONLY get 1 of these pets because as far as I can tell, you can only buy/activate 1 wonder scroll for the corresponding month at a time. It's not like the Halloween carriage where you can just farm multiples. You only get the 1.

    Are you the type of guy that change main every day?
  • MONSTRMONSTR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,240
    Posts: 33
    Member
    ...Is character bound, not account bound.

    ..really Nexon? Everything else you pay cash for is account bound, why is this pet character bound.

    ....god dammit


    Was the chow chow fluffball mount character bound?

  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    edited 11:26PM December 5, 2018
    FuriousOni wrote: »
    Meso_Man wrote: »
    If you ever want character bound stuff on another character, it would take about 1 month for them to do it. Just got my pet pumky in December.

    Wow okay so that explains why it's taking them so long just to transfer a name badge. It's a stupid $1.50 but I thought they'd help me since I already spent almost $200 in 2 months.
    You do have to realize that you aren't the only person in the game that needs support. For all we know people spent $1000 in 2 months that's ahead of you already yet you expect to be ahead of them. In any case I do believe that rather than check your purchase history, they just go by order of tickets sent.