Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

There needs to be more ways to obtain epic pets

SnowieeSnowiee
MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
edited 7:56AM December 4, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Been grinding for these epic pets and I'm sitting at nearly 3k G3 snares and still no epic pet. They're in the black market for about 180m each. There needs to be more ways to get them.
Axy

Comments

• SleeplessaceSleeplessace
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    How do you keep count on how many snares you used
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    I've seen on another thread, somebody mentioned they be in the Treva shop. Perhaps this would be a good way to even it out?
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    No really there doesn't need to be more ways to grind epic pets, because you don't need them. What there needs to be is a way to transfer stats between pets so that if you level a blue pet to level 50 your time doesn't feel wasted when you finally get an epic pet several months later.

Because it takes so much effort to level pets it feels like a waste of time to level any pet but the final pet you will ever use in the game, which makes people want to hurry up and get an epic pet. If they just remove the punishment from levelling lower tier pets, this whole issue is a moot point.
    Baco
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Talnova wrote: »
    No really there doesn't need to be more ways to grind epic pets, because you don't need them. What there needs to be is a way to transfer stats between pets so that if you level a blue pet to level 50 your time doesn't feel wasted when you finally get an epic pet several months later.

Because it takes so much effort to level pets it feels like a waste of time to level any pet but the final pet you will ever use in the game, which makes people want to hurry up and get an epic pet. If they just remove the punishment from levelling lower tier pets, this whole issue is a moot point.

if you feed a old pet to a new pet, the new pet gets 80% of the accumulated experience the old pet had. So ur epic pet would probably instantly get level 40.
    PizzaBearTalnovaAkarot
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    They should give em out for free and lower the cost to 1k mesos

Give everything out for free
    LofiVibes
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 3:47PM December 4, 2018
    LuminaEdge wrote: »
    if you feed a old pet to a new pet, the new pet gets 80% of the accumulated experience the old pet had. So ur epic pet would probably instantly get level 40.

I knew xp was shared somewhat but I always assumed it was capped. if this is the case then I think people don’t need to worry so much about rushing to get an epic and should just level a blue pet for now.

but maybe they should make this more obvious somehow because I think maybe people complaining about wanting an epic more easily don’t realise this is how it works.

I am curious @Snowiee did you realise you could level a blue pet for now and just transfer the xp to an epic when you finally get one?
  • AxyAxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,020
    10k snares wasted, and still no epic pet yet people say stop complaining. Unironically go fk yourselves, catching epic pets is the most bs rng in this game and anybody with 2 eyes and half a brain can see that.
    FIWAM
  • ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    edited 4:22PM December 4, 2018
    I don't see why they can't have a system, such as exchange 1000 normal (or whatever) for an epic pet. That way someone can earn it, rather than relying on chance.
    AxyPkmdzAkarot
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Just like in Korean MS2, prices of Epics will plummet and become affordable. Be patient.
    TalnovaWallSeriesIcingcold
  • TendiezuTendiezu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    Eino wrote: »
    Just like in Korean MS2, prices of Epics will plummet and become affordable. Be patient.

There will always be demand because they add 5 or 10% damage at the moment from the bonus attack they give. They also have bonus talents which can add even more damage depending on what stats you're getting. The price should stay the same in my region, around 100 to 150 million meso, and it won't change because people will still think they're important.
  • g0dlyg0dly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    75k treva epic pet, make it happen.
    TseneSherri
  • ClericeruClericeru
    g0dly wrote: »

Why not. It still requires a grind.
    g0dlyTseneSherri
  • g0dlyg0dly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    Clericeru wrote: »

Why not. It still requires a grind.

Rng / timed gated guaranteed epic pet. Account bound... Don't see any negatives other than more people on shadow zones
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    edited 8:33AM December 5, 2018
    A leveled epic pet is a requirement for clearing CPap unless you're going to get carried by people with +10-13 legendary weapons. Unless you're a boss who does over 200m damage with your tier 3 offense gems and 10% boss damage and pierce.
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Piliken wrote: »
    A leveled epic pet is a requirement for clearing CPap unless you're going to get carried by people with +10-13 legendary weapons. Unless you're a boss who does over 200m damage with your tier 3 offense gems and 10% boss damage and pierce.

So a blue with good rolls would mean nothing?
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    it means you probably won't be able to do 180-200m damage to a boss in 15 minutes yes.
  • ClericeruClericeru
    Rng / timed gated guaranteed epic pet. Account bound... Don't see any negatives other than more people on shadow zones

Not saying that could be the only solution, but a potential way. There's plenty of ways one could grind for pets and be promised one at the end of it.
  • AcheronsAcherons
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    I just recently got my first epic pet in 300 snares.
    Is that considered lucky?
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Acherons wrote: »
    I just recently got my first epic pet in 300 snares.
    Is that considered lucky?

Yes, you are one of the lucky ones. You stand on the side of the fence that will tell people that spent thousands of G3s to stop complaining unless you have any sort of empathy.
    DeernissAkarot
  • LiliacLiliac
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    edited 5:36AM December 31, 2018
    Uh yeah, GMS2 removed all alternatives to getting an epic pet so people saying that it should remain as such, no ty.

Prices for other servers became stable and affordable for the average person because epic pets do come from CDungeons and fishing which we don't have.

I'd like to have the same ALTERNATIVES of getting an epic pet as other servers thanks. Spending over 3days and 8k snares with God knows how many candies for NOTHING when someone else can get it in <10 snares because they got lucky isn't fair progression.
    Pkmdz