Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Is warhorn broken?

HellserHellser
Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
in Knight
Warhorns only giving a 1.2% attack buff instead of the 12% that it says in the tool tip is there any plans to fix this? is this a tool tip error or was knights offensive support nerfed?

Comments

• AshitaAshita
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 710
    edited 10:29AM October 30, 2018
    Warhorn only increases Physical attack and Magical attack. There are 2 "attack" stats that determines how much damage you do. Weapon attack and Physical/Magic attack. You see a small Increase in Attack because currently Physical attack is a lot smaller then Weapon attack.

For example:
    My Knight has 2864 weapon attack, and 316 Physical Attack making my attack 3232. Using Warhorn will increase my Physical attack by 12%. Boosting it to 354 Physical Attack. 2864 + 354 = 3270 Attack.
  • PeekiPeeki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 510
    Wait so does this mean it doesnt increase attack by much ? =S
  • shiro31shiro31
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 200
    Peeki wrote: »
    Wait so does this mean it doesnt increase attack by much ? =S

It doesnt increase your "Attack" by much; [Attack] as in: the red block below your gearscore.

But that [Attack] doesnt properly represent the damage you deal. [Attack] is WeaponAttack + Magic/Physical Attack + crit stuff and so on.
    When it comes to actual damage calculations it is more like WeaponAttack x Magical/Physical Attack. Therefore 12% increase in magical/physical attack = 12% increase in total damage. (A little less if you stack other atk increase buffs)