Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Purchasing NX

LittleMaddoxLittleMaddox
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
in Tech Support
Been trying to Purchase NX credit for a day now and it wont get to the payment screen, as it is always loading. Please let me buy more merets, I need my Premium back.

Comments

• VaronthVaronth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Same here.

Wanted to buy something from the Black Friday Event sale, but I just couldn't charge NX, so the sale came and went away.

The problem appears to be with their anti-fraud system. They use something called iesnare, which is a product designed to detect fraudulent payments. That service just doesn't react at all. The browser just tries to connect to their server and gives up after about half a minute of not being able to connect.

Payment still worked for me last wednesday.
  • LittleMaddoxLittleMaddox
    I've tried, VIA In-Game and Browser with both methods :( I just want my PREMIUM and a new INSTRUMENT.
  • MoofeyMoofey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    If you're using an adblock, disable it for nexon.com/nexon.net.

I had the same problem and was using uBlock Origin on firefox. Once I disabled it, it worked.
  • VaronthVaronth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Moofey wrote: »
    If you're using an adblock, disable it for nexon.com/nexon.net.

I had the same problem and was using uBlock Origin on firefox. Once I disabled it, it worked.

Trust me, that does not work.

I tested it on Firefox with adblock, without adblock, Chrome without any addons installed at all, the ingame browser of MapleStory2, another computer running Linux again with Firefox and Chrome both without any addons.

They all stop (well I assume the MapleStory2 browser does aswell, but I don't have the tools to test it there) at the same time... when trying to connect to mpsnare.iesnare.com.
  • Alavien1Alavien1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    i dont have add blocker and cant bought NX too -.- srsly u dont want our money or what?
    I wish I could contact there staff directly to ask them as this is getting silly, I just want my premium back already.
    Everyone I have contacted the NX team and they said they will fix it as soon as they can, so hopefully we will get the issue resolved soon.
  • Alavien1Alavien1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    Everyone I have contacted the NX team and they said they will fix it as soon as they can, so hopefully we will get the issue resolved soon.

i hope before 3 december cuz i want to bouggt doggy pack >.>
    Alavien1 wrote: »

i hope before 3 december cuz i want to bouggt doggy pack >.>

Just got response saying we are escalating the ticket you sent, meaning they have now put it on priority.
  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    Wont work for me either on my PC, so I have to use my android tablet or a virtual machine to buy NX. Just refuses to work on my PC in any browser I've tried.
    Wont work for me either on my PC, so I have to use my android tablet or a virtual machine to buy NX. Just refuses to work on my PC in any browser I've tried.

It should work now as it works for me when I spoke to them the fixed the problem within 24 hours have you checked to see if anything if blocking the purchase, like firewall or a add blocker.
  • KiirionKiirion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I can confirm that Nothing got fixed. I'm trying to buy NX and it just gives me the circle of death. Nexon whats your damage i just want style crates :c
  • BelleCobaltBelleCobalt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    edited 8:42PM December 9, 2018
    Network security such as using iprism or pi-hole (adblock over the whole network rather than just the computer or browser) will cause the loading loop. I was able to figure that out by trying to purchase NX on my router via desktop and phone (failed). When I used data on my phone instead of my router, it went through. So next I disabled the network security for my house and attempted on the desktop. That worked.

Every time I wish to buy NX I have to temporarily disable network security or purchase from my phone off network. I have not been able to isolate what needs to be added as an exemption so I can keep the security enabled (Found it!) :(

This same issue prevented me from connecting my nexon account to steam. Nexon is really not network security friendly :(

If you are trying to purchase NX on a public network like a school/campus or library, this is likely the issue.

Edit: Add mpsnare.iesnare.com to your whitelist.
    This exact address (Thank you User Varonth!) is included on a few default blacklists for security programs such as the Pi-Hole (what my household uses). It may be included in some browser and/or system based default blacklists as well. If the network/router for you is maintained by a Network Administrator (such as a staff member at the library or school, etc), you will have to discuss adding the website to the whitelist with them.
    Adding this domain immediately resolved the issue for my entire network.
    Kiirion
    I contacted the nexon team, with technical support and had an 1 on 1 conversation with them and the next day mine was fixed, if are still get the issue of purchasing NX credit i recommend trying to contact them directly.