During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

"SotG Week 7 - Part 2" by Jungsoo Lee and LAMBCOOK

Comments

  • VinxinusVinxinus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Interesting set of changes. Though highly limited, its nice ppl can get epic weapons via other ways instead of doing dungeons, giving more content apart from them a little more meaning. That said, since it is gated by how many you could do per week, it is a little disheartening, but we'll see where it goes.

    Also dungeon diversity... will pretty much be more or less 'meh'. It's bad to 'slightly worse' but whatever.
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 23
    Member
    Please Nexon, read me.

    There is a problem and i hope you already know it. We are BORED and STRESSED to amways do the same thing, everyday, every weeks.
    Stop adding daily things to do... let us farm for the farm...let us enjoying the game like i did with ms1.

    Add a way more loots on monsters so we can farm monsters in the map, allow party exp and party exp bonus in training map and let us GRIND without spamming quest or dungeon everytime.

    Stop the dungeon spamming in that !
    We are tired to do 60 dungeon a week, and the same dungeon, alone, without friends because they are spamming another dungeon...

    You want to know my feeling? I will NEVER do labyrinth halls or fire dragon again, even if someone pay me for that. Now i need more exquisite earringd box to unlock sockets but it is on firedragon and laby, so nevermind, i'll never do that again. We are SLAVES of dungeons.

    I have been waiting ms2 for 4 years since korean release. This time i can play, but please let me enjoy.
    Let people do whatever dungeon or farming as they want and please STOP mofifying or thinking the game to counter bots....this is not the solution.

    My solutions:
    An enchanting crystal that can be dropped by fragments everywhere (10 for 1 crystal), and can be obtained in ANY DUNGEON by 1 crystal (loot chance 80%)

    So people will not farm the same dungeon as every dungeon will provide the same chances to upgrade their stuff.

    People really want to do else things than dungeon. Again please give us some good reason to farm the mobs in maps outside of trevas, give us more loots on normal maps.

    We love that game, please dont let us hate it.
    FrostZzDanDKArSkulderJynnMiehNiaPilikenCyurTalnovaToukichiand 2 others.
  • BadRoleBadRole
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 750
    Posts: 21
    Member
    Please add (epic) accessory value re-roller on Faction token shop.
    MintyliciousMieh
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 257
    Member
    edited 1:35AM December 1, 2018
    best suggestion: bonus attributes fusion....
    its alright to enhance a trash gear to +15 if u can fuse it with a better/brand new bonus one and get the new bonus attributes.... this is way better than value reroll which is rng....
    for example:
    +15 weapon gives int and dex, fuse with a +0 piercing/crit(max) weapon
    then check which attributes to replace and baaam, same +15 weapon but with piercing/crit(max)

    the toad event will probably do the trick, but to keep players from running the same dungeons every time wont be easy, make something exclusive to the dungeons will do....
    when grouping 2 dungeons together for an exclusive drop, the dungeon that give better profit will come first...
    FD/Lab.... FD is probably easier and faster than Lab
    Lube/Rog... Lube gives varr set which works for everyone(mostly range) while rog gives a trash horn and a rng wing
    Tris/Rune.... rip Rune, who would run this anyway, Tris is faster, easier and the necklace is actually better than the healing earrings
    with the reward update, people would do last 4 dungeons, and no one will do first 2(FD/Lab) u dont even need good roll to be able to do last 4 dungeons, a few FD run for gs pump and move on
    FrostZz
  • IAmMayaIAmMaya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 590
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited 3:18AM December 1, 2018
    Toad's enchanting stone's sound very interesting to me, I have fallen off of the end-game progression entirely due to boredom with the dungeons in general. I was disappointed with the proposed changes for dungeons to where we only get weapons from 2 of the dungeons, instead of expanding my options for what to run I am now shoehorned back into the same limited number of dungeons I can run to get what I need (not to mention, I switched my weapon out to MSL so that I could run dungeons I found fun, but now I have to run Lube and ToI instead? Blehhh....) These new toad stones sound like they will allow me to run whatever dungeon I want and every 2 runs of any dungeon I will have a wild-card item to use for my upgrades? If so, this is great, since I didn't want to be stuck doing those 2 mid-level dungeons for my weapons!

    Further, I am super excited to take a look at the sky fortress content when it comes out, however, I am a little disappointed by the shop contents. Since I am very disinterested in the end-game gear progression, there isn't really anything in those shops for me to get excited over. I'd like to petition for cosmetics / mounts / unique pets to be included in these shops for me to work towards - maybe something similar to the treva shop outfit, but different styles? I really love being able to farm out cosmetics in particular, mounts and pets can be cool too (pets least of all since they are usually hidden client side.)
    Mintylicious
  • IAmMayaIAmMaya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 590
    Posts: 19
    Member
    Crevox wrote: »
    So why do you feel forced to only run one dungeon with the addition of these? Please don't take my question as an insult---I'm just trying to understand.

    It doesn't change the fact that running the weapon dungeon will be faster to + up your weapon than other dungeons. No one is going to switch to doing any dungeon or spamming a dungeon like Labyrinth just because now they get toad stones. Doing Lubelisk or Temple of Immortals is STILL faster for progression and gearing up your character.

    While it is true that ToI and Lube will remain to be the quickest way, there are a lot of people out there who will stop running ToI and Lube. I know this because I am one of them. Definitely we won't be in the majority, but we'll be out there ^u^
    Kaysha
  • KayshaKaysha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Posts: 16
    Member
    IAmMaya wrote: »

    While it is true that ToI and Lube will remain to be the quickest way, there are a lot of people out there who will stop running ToI and Lube. I know this because I am one of them. Definitely we won't be in the majority, but we'll be out there ^u^

    Same here. I just don't feel like running hard dungeons anymore and will take any alternative over them..... even if it's a slower option.

  • MiehMieh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 43
    Member
    edited 12:02PM December 1, 2018
    Thank you for your efforts, I believe this change will somewhat make us want to run other dungeons.

    But there's still no reason to run FD/Laby after you get the three armor drops you need from there.
    What I would do is:
    -Take the reroll armor and weapon scroll fragments from Rune and Tris and place them in these two (FD/Laby).
    -Add accessory reroll fragments in Rune and Tris.

    This still wouldn't fix the issue though, so let me expand.

    -Add a reasonable amount of gem dust to each dungeon.
    I would put the cyan (accuracy) gem dust in Laby and FD, since it's really useful.
    And the yellow one should be a lower chance but in all dungeons.
    The rest of the dusts could be anywhere, either specific to the dungeon or not.

    Even if you don't take this specific advice, please, do something about FD/Laby, they're worthless right now. Not only because they don't give anything that great, but because players have run them A LOT already, so they will need a really good incentive to run them again.
    And not only this, if you really want to make people run all dungeons, because I assure you that if Rune and Tris have the same drops nobody will run Rune for example, add something unique to each dungeon. The rare drops from each of them isn't enough, you should add something appealing enough to each dungeon so that we actually want to run them and get good at them.
    The only dungeons that don't really need this attention would be Lubelisk and ToI, since they've got decent rare drops.


    While this update doesn't fix everything completely, I'd say it's at least a step forward. But you need to polish this idea, as it has many flaws yet.

    Now I'll point out the urgent matters that need to be changed somehow to make the player experience less of a pain:

    -A way to obtain epic pets that doesn't require you to spend millions on snares/potion solvents. I realize that the boxes from Toughen up have a chance to give us a box and then that box has a chance to give us an epic pet but... I rarely get exceptional pets, so I don't even want to think of what kind of probability the drop of epic pets have in that box.

    -Improve the gem upgrading system. Either you leave the RNG and give us more materials or you up the chance of success because it's ridiculous.
    -...And since we've mentioned "more materials" for gem upgrading... Fix the B4 key drop, it's stupidly low for a run that you're supposed to be able to run 5 times a week.
    Or you could add the B4 key to the Sky Fortress shops. Maybe put a limit of 2 per character per week and make them character bound. Like that, at least, if you farm the Sky Fortress stuff, you'd have two runs of B4 waiting for you each week.

    -The socketing system is painful. Let's give you an example:
    First, you need a good accessory, let's say RNGesus has blessed you with an Absolute Necklace that has 4% Piercing and 6.4% Physical/Magical Piercing. Now, you need like 200 of that accessory to have a chance at being able to unlock the 3 sockets... and let's not forget that we start with a 50% chance. Let's also not forget that each one of these Absolute accessories cost 500k each to create... and that each try to unlock a socket costs 200k mesos (200 Crystal Fragments)...
    You know what I'm getting at right? It's way too costy and very RNG-reliant. Luckily, the Sky Fortress update does help with those Crystal Fragments, and with the update we will be a bit more free to choose which dungeon to run so that we can create more accessories but... I believe the cost for the accessories themselves should drop a little bit because it's heavily RNG-reliant.


    I hope you take this into consideration.
    JynnFrostZz
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,425
    Posts: 107
    Member
    Crevox wrote: »
    People aren't asking for FREE LOOT and faster progression. While those things may be nice, the core of the issue remains the same: everyone has to spam the same two dungeons, Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk, over and over. There is no dungeon variety. These changes, once again, do nothing to solve this. Everyone still has to do the weapon dungeons over and over. People want to enjoy the game and have fun doing different dungeons, but the structure does not allow us to. Making events to give out free gear and speed up progression just devalues the efforts of players that played without these events and those that play after it's over.

    I think this is the third time you have announced changes that do nothing to solve the main issue.

    Actually those stones will help the progression towards +15 on weapons. you basically have 30 guaranteed weapons per week from the stones alone plus the weapon drops you will be getting if you farm the weapons dungeons. This change is amazing, please read the post again and think how much better it will be to get +15 on weapon
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    Posts: 209
    Maple Guide
    Crevox wrote: »
    People aren't asking for FREE LOOT and faster progression. While those things may be nice, the core of the issue remains the same: everyone has to spam the same two dungeons, Temple of Immortals and Lubelisk, over and over. There is no dungeon variety. These changes, once again, do nothing to solve this. Everyone still has to do the weapon dungeons over and over. People want to enjoy the game and have fun doing different dungeons, but the structure does not allow us to. Making events to give out free gear and speed up progression just devalues the efforts of players that played without these events and those that play after it's over.

    I think this is the third time you have announced changes that do nothing to solve the main issue.

    Peoples needs to unlike this.

    I disagree with you. This new resource, that stone, allows us to enhance anything that we can enhance. Basically, it's a wild card, and I like the idea.
  • AlchemiiAlchemii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,220
    Posts: 55
    Member
    So first off, I really like the idea of the Enchantment Stones. I think that is a great idea/solution to the problem, and I do like that we have a chance to get epic re-rollers that will be super nice.

    Now on to the other things. I think a lot of people are overlooking what the devs are trying to correct. Which is actually two things, not just the one. First they are trying to get people to run more than just FD, like anything other than FD, and this does exactly that (even if in a limited way). Secondly, I think they were also trying to solve a progression issue. It was super harder to meet the Gear Score and just because you meet that GS doesn't mean you were prepared to go deal with something like Beyondlink Tris. The other changes now mean that first you have a lower GS to enter the "Entry Level" Hard Dungeons (FD and Lab), then once you've geared up a little there, before moving onto "Intermediate Level" (Lube and Temp), and then finally getting access to "Advanced Level" (Rune and Tris) where you'll get epic re-rollers now.

    So yea, this clearly defines progression, which wasn't there before, gives easier access to the easier "Hard" dungeons, and forces players to run more than just a single dungeon.

    This progression would also explain the additions they've made to the Chaos Raids. These will allow an entry point for the raids, mostly to learn them, before moving on to the actual meat of the Raids. A.k.a. the actual Raid.

    This is just my take away from what they've been trying to do.

    P.S.: Before anyone comments about not going and running anything else other than like two dungeons. I would like you to notice, they didn't mention the accessory fragments at all. So your gonna have to go and run the other dungeons to get those as well. Specifically Earrings (FD and Lab), Necklace (Lube and Temp), and Ring (Rune and Tris).
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 23
    Member
    Mieh wrote: »
    Thank you for your efforts, I believe this change will somewhat make us want to run other dungeons.

    But there's still no reason to run FD/Laby after you get the three armor drops you need from there.
    What I would do is:
    -Take the reroll armor and weapon scroll fragments from Rune and Tris and place them in these two (FD/Laby).
    -Add accessory reroll fragments in Rune and Tris.

    This still wouldn't fix the issue though, so let me expand.

    -Add a reasonable amount of gem dust to each dungeon.
    I would put the cyan (accuracy) gem dust in Laby and FD, since it's really useful.
    And the yellow one should be a lower chance but in all dungeons.
    The rest of the dusts could be anywhere, either specific to the dungeon or not.

    Even if you don't take this specific advice, please, do something about FD/Laby, they're worthless right now. Not only because they don't give anything that great, but because players have run them A LOT already, so they will need a really good incentive to run them again.
    And not only this, if you really want to make people run all dungeons, because I assure you that if Rune and Tris have the same drops nobody will run Rune for example, add something unique to each dungeon. The rare drops from each of them isn't enough, you should add something appealing enough to each dungeon so that we actually want to run them and get good at them.
    The only dungeons that don't really need this attention would be Lubelisk and ToI, since they've got decent rare drops.


    While this update doesn't fix everything completely, I'd say it's at least a step forward. But you need to polish this idea, as it has many flaws yet.

    Now I'll point out the urgent matters that need to be changed somehow to make the player experience less of a pain:

    -A way to obtain epic pets that doesn't require you to spend millions on snares/potion solvents. I realize that the boxes from Toughen up have a chance to give us a box and then that box has a chance to give us an epic pet but... I rarely get exceptional pets, so I don't even want to think of what kind of probability the drop of epic pets have in that box.

    -Improve the gem upgrading system. Either you leave the RNG and give us more materials or you up the chance of success because it's ridiculous.
    -...And since we've mentioned "more materials" for gem upgrading... Fix the B4 key drop, it's stupidly low for a run that you're supposed to be able to run 5 times a week.
    Or you could add the B4 key to the Sky Fortress shops. Maybe put a limit of 2 per character per week and make them character bound. Like that, at least, if you farm the Sky Fortress stuff, you'd have two runs of B4 waiting for you each week.

    -The socketing system is painful. Let's give you an example:
    First, you need a good accessory, let's say RNGesus has blessed you with an Absolute Necklace that has 4% Piercing and 6.4% Physical/Magical Piercing. Now, you need like 200 of that accessory to have a chance at being able to unlock the 3 sockets... and let's not forget that we start with a 50% chance. Let's also not forget that each one of these Absolute accessories cost 500k each to create... and that each try to unlock a socket costs 200k mesos (200 Crystal Fragments)...
    You know what I'm getting at right? It's way too costy and very RNG-reliant. Luckily, the Sky Fortress update does help with those Crystal Fragments, and with the update we will be a bit more free to choose which dungeon to run so that we can create more accessories but... I believe the cost for the accessories themselves should drop a little bit because it's heavily RNG-reliant.


    I hope you take this into consideration.



    NO NO NO NO AND NO
    Please never add somthing different in each dungeon, because we will always farm the most valuable dungeon and that will be boring, allow us to farm whatever we want !
    PLEASE SAVE THE GAME.
  • MiehMieh
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 43
    Member
    edited 8:02AM December 3, 2018
    NO NO NO NO AND NO
    Please never add somthing different in each dungeon, because we will always farm the most valuable dungeon and that will be boring, allow us to farm whatever we want !
    PLEASE SAVE THE GAME.

    Well, sorry to break it to you, but they're already doing it by putting those armor and weapon reroll scroll fragments in just Tris and Rune Temple.
    Soooo, if they're doing that for those dungeons only does that mean you'll only run those two now?

    Like... right now the most valuable dungeon are those two or Lube/ToI because it will speed up the process of enchanting your weapon... do you honestly want the first two Hard Dungeons to be trash? Is that your idea of "saving the game"?
  • SeffronSeffron
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    Posts: 16
    Member
    kind of hilarious how the devs are going trough so many hoops. for what could be a simple thing as to just allow us to use any wheapon as an enchanthing material. :/

    look forward to sky fortress.

    This is what I have been thinking too. The core of the Hardmode dungeons just needs to be changed so you could use any weapon as sacrifice and it would fix the whole system. I just don't understand myself why developers have not considered this idea as it was offered and pointed out countless times by community.

    I think if they do this and even add the "new stones" would make gearing much much easier.
    FantasykittenFrostZz
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    Posts: 257
    Member
    Mieh wrote: »
    supermiky wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO AND NO
    Please never add somthing different in each dungeon, because we will always farm the most valuable dungeon and that will be boring, allow us to farm whatever we want !
    PLEASE SAVE THE GAME.

    Well, sorry to break it to you, but they're already doing it by putting those armor and weapon reroll scroll fragments in just Tris and Rune Temple.
    Soooo, if they're doing that for those dungeons only does that mean you'll only run those two now?

    Like... right now the most valuable dungeon are those two or Lube/ToI because it will speed up the process of enchanting your weapon... do you honestly want the first two Hard Dungeons to be trash? Is that your idea of "saving the game"?
    FD/Lab are pretty much no-go now
    Lube/Rog gonna crash the market price but its alright.... it cant be that bad, oh wait it can
    Tris is worth doing if ur getting ready for chaos
    Rune.... might as well remove this dungeon, its long, its bad and its not rewarding
    im pretty sure a cheap epic weapon in the market gives enough gs for people to spam Lube/Rog...
    +15 weapons first then go back and speed run these dungeons for armor
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    Posts: 209
    Maple Guide
    Mieh wrote: »
    supermiky wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO AND NO
    Please never add somthing different in each dungeon, because we will always farm the most valuable dungeon and that will be boring, allow us to farm whatever we want !
    PLEASE SAVE THE GAME.

    Well, sorry to break it to you, but they're already doing it by putting those armor and weapon reroll scroll fragments in just Tris and Rune Temple.
    Soooo, if they're doing that for those dungeons only does that mean you'll only run those two now?

    Like... right now the most valuable dungeon are those two or Lube/ToI because it will speed up the process of enchanting your weapon... do you honestly want the first two Hard Dungeons to be trash? Is that your idea of "saving the game"?

    What? I never replied to you. Did you intentionally change the name to my name?

    I never replied or quoted to you....
  • devin1337devin1337
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 915
    Posts: 43
    Member
    Stoked you guys are introducing a feature that won't be pay 2 win in our server. Please don't ruin maple again.