Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

ideas on how to make guilds more involved in ms2

hotlinehotline
MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
in General Chat
theres so much potential with guilds thats not being fully touched upon

1. give us guild wars. like fighting for territory, public guild houses, or just a ranking for guild wars im pretty sure 100% of the player base would love this

2. give us content that requires players to farm for gear in a certain dungeon/map where its pvp against other guilds/players, i know theres the shadow lands but tbh when you go in the pocket portal it separates you from the map and theres 50 channels and limited elite mobs and theres a player limit for each channel, it doesnt really give room for guild pvp. give us like mobs that you need to kill to get the drops directly, you can either camp it or get your guild to come fight for the mobs or join an alliance with guilds, it forces people to cooperate or let them be a lone wolf etc etc

it would give us a reason to make alliances with other guilds, it forces the players only focused on the dungeon and grindfest part of the game to actually be social, it rewards the social/nice guild by people wanting to ally with them and punishes the guilds by making it hard to farm the mobs if the guilds they were dicks to keeps killing them, in turn it would improve the overall attitude of the community.

it would actually show wich guilds are powerful and wich arent. like a trophy ranking doesnt really show how powerful a guild is.

Comments

• TexZeroTexZero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    hotline wrote: »
    theres so much potential with guilds thats not being fully touched upon
    1. give us guild wars. like fighting for territory, public guild houses, or just a ranking for guild wars im pretty sure 100% of the player base would love this

I'm a 100% certain you don't understand percentages let alone people if you think 100% of people ever agree on anything.
    TseneDanDKFrostZz
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    The only involvement you're asking is PvP content. Which would be nice of course. Besides that, I'd love it if they enabled Dance Dance Stop in guild arcade already.. from what I know on that you can do a guild vs guild game.
    FrostZz
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    I think a guild version of mushking royale would solve all your issues.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    hotline wrote: »
    it would actually show wich guilds are powerful and wich arent. like a trophy ranking doesnt really show how powerful a guild is.

It's like you don't know what's even happening in the game. Right now 'powerful' guilds are those that are able to clear raids, because that's all people care about. In turn, they attract all the most active and strongest top players which happen to have the most trophies too because trophies reflect general activity and progression. The powerful guilds are those at the top of the leaderboards that Nexon is now going to feed double the amount of members so they will become unstoppable powerhouses dominating the servers.
    FrostZz
  • MONSTRMONSTR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,240
    I would rather have Guild activities not revolve around Gear at all. Guild activities need to be inclusive while also giving a worthwhile incentive to do. MS2 does technically have good mini-games like the battle royal, special dungeon, gimmick dungeons, and arcade. The issue is none of those can contribute to your character in any significant way.
    FrostZz
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    TexZero wrote: »
    I'm a 100% certain you don't understand percentages let alone people if you think 100% of people ever agree on anything.

100% of people agree the earth is flat, but the other 100% disagrees.
    TexZero