Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

[SALES] Black Friday Deals

Comments

• AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 7:59PM November 22, 2018
    Great.. the hairstyle I thought I'd be able to get, is now going to be RNG sale and there's a chance I might not even be able to get it if RNG forsakes me? Fun. I too would like to know whether the discount is fixed or not and if it shows up once, can it show up again another hour?
    FantasykittenMiehHeartdonor
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    Is the event Npc hair in the shop? thats the only thing I like so far :c
  • XnknownXnknown
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Shouldn't it be cheaper to buy nexon cash aswell?
    LastSaturdayFantasykittenKatsuoNE
  • SwitheSwithe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    edited 8:14AM November 23, 2018
    [redacted cause im an idiot]

the premium club is under special offers, not the "premium club" tab.
    I was under the assumption it was sold there and has sold out which was the blank space in the chat.
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Swithe wrote: »
    was literally there at 15:00 server time the minute the premium packs went live. they sold out withing literally seconds.

this event isnt going to work at all if theres nowhere near enough stock for everyone. The stock didnt even last 1 minute!

you will have to try your luck again at 7pm cst
  • capricciocapriccio
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
    Premium Club passes are in meret shop under 'Special Offers' tab, in case anyone that's trying for later wanted to know; since Nexon is terrible at specifics~
    SwitheElegant_Knight
  • SwitheSwithe
    edited 8:23AM November 23, 2018
    capriccio wrote: »
    Premium Club passes are in meret shop under 'Special Offers' tab, in case anyone that's trying for later wanted to know; since Nexon is terrible at specifics~

Thanks. edited my comment to update; I was under the assumption it was from the "premium club" tab and the blank space made me think it has sold out.

Managed to get it in time. apparently a lot of people couldnt find it either lol
  • SwitheSwithe
    So new question:
    With regards to the random items/sale, is it possible for one item to roll two values?

What i mean specifically is say i wanted to buy a transparency badge and it showed up at 20% off, is therea chance i could wait it out and on the hour reset, a badge rolls 40% off? or will an item always have the same reduction throughout the event?

It would feel pretty sucky to buy an item for 20% off only to see it become 60% off next hour...
    Fantasykitten
  • DeathCatDeathCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 995
    not really interested in this black friday.... maplestory 2 doesn't have anything good in the meret shop... the outfits are bleh , accessorys are kinda lame..... only thing i would get is hair vouchers.... (please add a huge meret shop outfit drop) i hate HATE user created outfits i will NEVER buy them.
    FrostZz
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    HotaRen wrote: »
    I'm excited for the sales, but I'm disappointed to see the overuse of scummy sales tactics. 'Get it now or it's gone!' "If you see something you NEED." Especially the shop changing every hour. If you want to sleep or have to go to work/school, you'll be missing out... it's encouraging unhealthy behavior imo. The pressure to buy things instead of just enjoying the game is one of the big reasons I stopped playing MS1. Takes the fun out of it.

kind of like black friday in general right? lol
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    So new question:
    With regards to the random items/sale, is it possible for one item to roll two values?

What i mean specifically is say i wanted to buy a transparency badge and it showed up at 20% off, is therea chance i could wait it out and on the hour reset, a badge rolls 40% off? or will an item always have the same reduction throughout the event?

It would feel pretty sucky to buy an item for 20% off only to see it become 60% off next hour...

thats most likely the case knowing how much they like to add rng to everything
  • Lima3241Lima3241
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    edited 11:12AM November 23, 2018
    I’ve taken the necessary steps in preparing for this.

https://imgur.com/a/stsP3te

Unfortunately, I’m working a twelve hour shift with possible mandatory overtime.

I hope some of those premium vouchers are left for me to grab one.
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    Lima3241 wrote: »
    I’ve taken the necessary steps in preparing for this.

https://imgur.com/a/stsP3te

Unfortunately, I’m working a twelve hour shift with possible mandatory overtime.

I hope some of those premium vouchers are left for me to grab one.

jesus
  • AbsolutelyNotAbsolutelyNot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    So not only is this entire shop rng items (since nexon knows we love that so much), but items can take up multiple slots in the sale shop as well. Why were either of those a good idea? Adding discounts to items in the meret market directly would have been perfectly fine.
    WTBMadokaMagicaHeartdonor
  • KatsuoNEKatsuoNE
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Amazing business practices that definitely wont kill the game. I'm hearing a lot of angry talk from some of my friends feeling pretty scammed out of some dollars they plan to take back.. :/

Can yall just be upfront about stuff involving people's money why is that hard
  • ArjuneArjune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090
    edited 2:27PM November 23, 2018
    So new question:

I think it's possible because I rolled a 60% off pengy capsule and a 20% off pengy capsule was there at the same time! So not only do you need RNG blessing to get the items you want to appear, but to also have the discount you prefer on it. I only see like 2 60% off items per restock
  • QtzQtz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    you guys dont understand how black friday works , its to sell stuff

If you want to buy something anyway like myself i wanted a name change , now i got one for 396 (-60% insted of 990) i am happy .
    but you are not forced to buy anything.. see something you like and wanted anyway? buy it.. otherwise pass on it .
    Mintylicious
  • MentalOmegaMentalOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 685
    Qtz wrote: »
    you guys dont understand how black friday works , its to sell stuff

If you want to buy something anyway like myself i wanted a name change , now i got one for 396 (-60% insted of 990) i am happy .
    but you are not forced to buy anything.. see something you like and wanted anyway? buy it.. otherwise pass on it .

Or get lucky:
    store-items22.jpg

Saved me quite a lot of merets (tho i already have 2 dances and 1 instrument, but still cheaper than buying 1 by 1).
  • PrimePrime
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    Oh come on guys, it's not the first and the last sale in Global MS2. There will be no end of World tomorrow.
    Don't let yourself go crazy. Just chill and have fun.
    black-friday-shopping-epic-scrum-crazy-1353708375s.gif

rs_500x210-141120145132-post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

black+friday+gif.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ni4gn6S2XU1tv4k5po1_500.gif
    Qtz
  • WTBWTB
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 900
    I think people understand very well how Black Friday works and I don't think anyone is going crazy over it, lol.

Just wish this had less RNG attached to it. Having to check the store every hour only to see it restock with more of the same inventory expansion vouchers is disappointing. Happy to have discounts, just wish I could actually purchase what I was hoping to find. I'm in the same situation as the other folks who were hoping to get a cute hairstyle and the like but have terrible luck with RNG. Glad that there have been those who have been lucky enough to have what they wanted show up in the shop, though!
    AbsolutelyNotZintackHeartdonorKatsuoNEemperor52