Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Increase rewards for normal chaos raids

czlrczlr
MapleStory 2 Rep: 775
Posts: 10
Member
in Suggestions and Feedback
Background:
http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/38927/producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-6

The last blog post introduced plans to add new "normal modes" to existing chaos raids, that were intended to be more accessible by regular players.
Specifically, they drop 5 selection box fragments rather than a whole random box, with some other penalties like no chance of obtaining a pet drop.
The post estimates the rewards as being worth about 37% of a regular hard chaos raid clear.

Quick numbers to check:
Running hard chaos raid 6 times will give you 6 random boxes
Which are either 6 items or 60 fragmenets (2 non-random boxes)

Running normal chaos raid 6 times will give you 30 fragments (1 non-random box)

In the worst case, if you assume all 6 items are always dismantled, normal dungeons will be effectively worth 50% of hard mode.
In the best case, if you assume all 6 items are always kept, normal dungeons will be effectively worth 17% (1/6) of hard mode.

Suggestion:
While normal mode dungeons do address the stated goal of giving players a smoother ramp up to the hard chaos raids, I think there's potential for improvement. Right now, a hot issue is the power gap between top players vs. others, where the thought is that top players are pulling further and further ahead. Especially because everything is time limited. So every week you miss is 1 more week you're behind by.

And a big way of solving this is to have diminishing returns wherever it makes sense.
So on the topic of normal vs. hard chaos raids, I think the ideal would be: (1) to have the rewards for normals be high as possible, at least to the point where people running them will not feel hopelessly behind compared to those running hard mode. (2) At the same time, it should definitely be balanced enough that people still prefer hard raids if doable.

I think the current rewards are far from meeting the threshold for (1) and thus can be improved. For example, doubled to 10 selection boxes instead. Then it will be as if people running normals miss out on the RNG roll from opening the box, but will still get the same amount of materials as if they dismantled the piece that was gotten. Weaker players won't fall behind as much, and hard chaos raids will still be enough incentive for stronger players to run.

Disclaimer: this change doesn't impact me because I'm able to clear hard chaos raids. So I'm purely suggesting this out of principle.
ThendriksGarlicBread
  1. Thoughts?33 votes
    1. Agree
       58% (19 votes)
    2. Disagree
       42% (14 votes)

Comments

  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    Your suggestion is very good. The reward of normal raid should be 10 frags instead of 5

    Some people are complaining about the raid does not mean the raid itself is hard. In my opinion, It is just hard to get 10 experienced people with required class. It is also hard to find 10 people who are willing to learn the mechanic with patience. Even worse, some experienced players do not trust each other and don''t want to cooperate

    I think the normal raid is exactly what the majority want. Please increase the reward.
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    Posts: 2,569
    Member
    This is completely ridiculous. You already get a complete free pass to get the same rewards with less effort, all it requires is for you to spend more time. If anything, it's already a stretch that you can get exactly the same items in a much easier way and 1/6 of the time is already extremely generous. In my opinion, you should get way less fragments or not even be able to obtain the same items by choosing 'easy mode'. But the fact that you can still complain about this just proves how much hand-holding is taking over in this game.
    The normal versions of these raids are supposed to be practice and tutorial, and you should be happy you are even getting rewards in the first place. You should be overjoyed that these rewards are even equivalents of actual legendaries. But instead you're complaining they aren't enough. The raids are just about the only content in this game that isn't spoonfed to players but if you keep complaining that's exactly what is going to happen again.
    ShenRyujinMiehWhyWhysytalasiinfernoNiaDinkelbergStellaeora
  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    Posts: 27
    Member
    Yes..we are overjoyed. Totally, we should just do normals for practice with no rewards. Sounds really good. We should listen to you so that more of the playerbase wont leave because they cant progress and are stuck in a RNG hell..oh wait. I'm sure you will be happy to help the people that cant get a group for chaos raids..for a sum of course dont want you to do anything without proper compensation.

    Ah I forgot, the people that cant get groups should just make their own groups..its just that easy. My bad. Also by getting other people access to the same gear as you even if it takes slightly more time devalues all your effort right? We wouldnt want that, its better to keep the toys away from the masses. I totally agree, makes me feel like an elite too and makes me sleep good at night.

    Or you know, we can just let people progress in different ways and keep them happy? How does it hurt you that other people get access to the same gear as you? Does it water down your "accomplishment" somehow?
    DragonicWolfFrostZz
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited 2:03AM November 23, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    This is completely ridiculous. You already get a complete free pass to get the same rewards with less effort, all it requires is for you to spend more time. If anything, it's already a stretch that you can get exactly the same items in a much easier way and 1/6 of the time is already extremely generous. In my opinion, you should get way less fragments or not even be able to obtain the same items by choosing 'easy mode'. But the fact that you can still complain about this just proves how much hand-holding is taking over in this game.
    The normal versions of these raids are supposed to be practice and tutorial, and you should be happy you are even getting rewards in the first place. You should be overjoyed that these rewards are even equivalents of actual legendaries. But instead you're complaining they aren't enough. The raids are just about the only content in this game that isn't spoonfed to players but if you keep complaining that's exactly what is going to happen again.

    We don't know the difficulty of normal raid yet. It is too early to say free pass and less effort.
    They made this change to satisfy the majority because the majority think the currently raids are too difficult. Let me copy and past my previous post here.

    Some people are complaining about the raid does not mean the raid itself is hard. In my opinion, It is just hard to get 10 experienced people with required class. It is also hard to find 10 people who are willing to learn the mechanic with patience. Even worse, some experienced players do not trust each other and don''t want to cooperate

    Didnt you see that " Need knight only " " Need HG for Cdev" " Cmoc need archer " " cleared only " etc. It is so difficult to find 10 people with required class. I was ready for Cmoc on day 1 and willing to teach others but I could not find the last 2 people to fill the party because everybody rushed to Cdev. In this situation , reduce the required party member from 10 to 6 is exactly what I want to see.

    The reward of normal raid should be the same or close to the reward in hard raid if they are not going to change the mechanics. Reducing the required party member from 10 to 6 should not be considered as easy mode. Otherwise why don't you request a harder mode with doubled reward but requires 30 people ?
    FrostZz
  • ThendriksThendriks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,700
    Posts: 86
    Member
    Double the rewards as OP said to encourage players to get at least 1 item per raid day. OP is completely right. No need to gate off almost useless armor anyways.

    Some players might say this is too much reward for no real challenge. Well ... I think that you will gain no real advantage in player progression with legendary armor. The only thing you will gain is 250 bonus attack and you will most likely lose your boss damage and pierce rolls from other epics/exceptionals.

    The implementation of normal raids is a bad bandaid fix to deal with very bad informed players and thus equally bad optimized characters. How could that happen? If we had a tutorial/explanation on DPS and stats there would be no need for normal raids. Instead we have to dig through unofficial/korean/bad translated/wrong info to get an idea of how this game actually works.

    If you think normal raids will take you to the next level you are wrong. It will provide you with an even slower progress than hardmode armor. And hardmode armor is just a tiny fraction of the actual DPS contribution.
  • czlrczlr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 775
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited 9:03AM November 23, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »
    This is completely ridiculous. You already get a complete free pass to get the same rewards with less effort, all it requires is for you to spend more time. If anything, it's already a stretch that you can get exactly the same items in a much easier way and 1/6 of the time is already extremely generous. In my opinion, you should get way less fragments or not even be able to obtain the same items by choosing 'easy mode'. But the fact that you can still complain about this just proves how much hand-holding is taking over in this game.
    The normal versions of these raids are supposed to be practice and tutorial, and you should be happy you are even getting rewards in the first place. You should be overjoyed that these rewards are even equivalents of actual legendaries. But instead you're complaining they aren't enough. The raids are just about the only content in this game that isn't spoonfed to players but if you keep complaining that's exactly what is going to happen again.

    Yes, the legendary pieces themselves are the same, but you're being very misleading by simplifying it down to "same rewards for less effort".
    Time is also effort, and as you admit immediately following as well, running normal dungeons means you will take more time to get the same rewards. And I think that's the way it should be, where it lets players choose between shorter time and higher performance requirement (hard mode) vs. longer time and lower performance requirement (normal mode).

    I don't think what you raise here is a reasonable argument by itself. Because by the same reasoning, we might as well get rid of mesos because how dare people have other ways of getting the same items? If you ignore time and quantity, you can even say killing slimes is easier than running Tris. So everyone might as well do that for mesos and buy the pendant off black market afterwards.
    As for my suggestion, it's not because I want hand holding. I just think it will be better for the long term health of the game. Giving other people alternatives is not going to hurt people who already have the best options available.

    So yes it is easier per clear, but the overall efficiency and effort is actually still more. Just consider, even if the drops were raised like I suggested, you would still run hard mode wouldn't you?
    Also, don't forget there's the pet drop + special rewards for ranked clears, including rerollers for S/S+.
    DragonicWolf
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Posts: 273
    Member
    DanDK wrote: »
    This is completely ridiculous. You already get a complete free pass to get the same rewards with less effort, all it requires is for you to spend more time. If anything, it's already a stretch that you can get exactly the same items in a much easier way and 1/6 of the time is already extremely generous. In my opinion, you should get way less fragments or not even be able to obtain the same items by choosing 'easy mode'. But the fact that you can still complain about this just proves how much hand-holding is taking over in this game.
    The normal versions of these raids are supposed to be practice and tutorial, and you should be happy you are even getting rewards in the first place. You should be overjoyed that these rewards are even equivalents of actual legendaries. But instead you're complaining they aren't enough. The raids are just about the only content in this game that isn't spoonfed to players but if you keep complaining that's exactly what is going to happen again.

    maybe they should just make the game hard for you since you like it the masochist way, in otherwords if your character die dan your char gets deleted and the next char you make has a 10% debuff to all stats and each time your char die and you remake it you'll get another 10% debuff. i bet you'll love that. then you can call yourself a true hardcore player or a masochist.

    problem is after you learn ''hard mode'' theres not enough people that also learned it so you'll always take a step back at a chance to clear unless you get a gang of butt buddies that will always be online and knows the raid.
    FrostZz
  • CodeLimeCodeLime
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 880
    Posts: 28
    Member
    czlr wrote: »
    DanDK wrote: »
    This is completely ridiculous. You already get a complete free pass to get the same rewards with less effort, all it requires is for you to spend more time. If anything, it's already a stretch that you can get exactly the same items in a much easier way and 1/6 of the time is already extremely generous. In my opinion, you should get way less fragments or not even be able to obtain the same items by choosing 'easy mode'. But the fact that you can still complain about this just proves how much hand-holding is taking over in this game.
    The normal versions of these raids are supposed to be practice and tutorial, and you should be happy you are even getting rewards in the first place. You should be overjoyed that these rewards are even equivalents of actual legendaries. But instead you're complaining they aren't enough. The raids are just about the only content in this game that isn't spoonfed to players but if you keep complaining that's exactly what is going to happen again.

    Yes, the legendary pieces themselves are the same, but you're being very misleading by simplifying it down to "same rewards for less effort".
    Time is also effort, and as you admit immediately following as well, running normal dungeons means you will take more time to get the same rewards. And I think that's the way it should be, where it lets players choose between shorter time and higher performance requirement (hard mode) vs. longer time and lower performance requirement (normal mode).

    I don't think what you raise here is a reasonable argument by itself. Because by the same reasoning, we might as well get rid of mesos because how dare people have other ways of getting the same items? If you ignore time and quantity, you can even say killing slimes is easier than running Tris. So everyone might as well do that for mesos and buy the pendant off black market afterwards.
    As for my suggestion, it's not because I want hand holding. I just think it will be better for the long term health of the game. Giving other people alternatives is not going to hurt people who already have the best options available.

    So yes it is easier per clear, but the overall efficiency and effort is actually still more. Just consider, even if the drops were raised like I suggested, you would still run hard mode wouldn't you?
    Also, don't forget there's the pet drop + special rewards for ranked clears, including rerollers for S/S+.

    Personally I think 1 hour no matter skill should result in same rewards. I mean its a MMO. You need to keep the game balanced if not nobody will want to play it if the guy running chaos raids is earning 1000x more than the guy spending an hour just starting the game. It's kinda like if i played a game of chess and gave the skilled player more pieces than the opponent. They already know the game better do they really need this advantage?
    FrostZz
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Is a complete different situation , if you yield the same reward no matter how skill you are , then whats the point of even investing time to learn and become more skills in the game , everyone just log in for 5 min , do what they do then log out till reset , will this game be anyway of fun anymore?

    i am strongly against what OP said , i understand that the reward is low , but we should really just be grateful that they even release a normal version of the dgn , so your 6 chaos run weekly doesn't go to waste , we are asking for too much , we started with asking for more dgn weekly and once we have it , we want double loot with it as well , now we wanted a easy chaos raid and we finally got it , and we want it to have more reward , despite the normal mode is way easier .

    we are just being spoonfed and keep asking for more and more over time , if nexon give in to this kind of demand everytime , they might as well as hand out gear and gems for free
    sytalas
  • czlrczlr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 775
    Posts: 10
    Member
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Is a complete different situation , if you yield the same reward no matter how skill you are , then whats the point of even investing time to learn and become more skills in the game , everyone just log in for 5 min , do what they do then log out till reset , will this game be anyway of fun anymore?

    i am strongly against what OP said , i understand that the reward is low , but we should really just be grateful that they even release a normal version of the dgn , so your 6 chaos run weekly doesn't go to waste , we are asking for too much , we started with asking for more dgn weekly and once we have it , we want double loot with it as well , now we wanted a easy chaos raid and we finally got it , and we want it to have more reward , despite the normal mode is way easier .

    we are just being spoonfed and keep asking for more and more over time , if nexon give in to this kind of demand everytime , they might as well as hand out gear and gems for free

    Please read what I wrote carefully and check my previous replies. It's nothing close to the same reward, so I don't know why you're claiming that. Hard dungeons are still significantly better all across the board, with extra drops, pets, and rerollers(!!).
    FrostZz
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited 9:23PM November 23, 2018
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Is a complete different situation , if you yield the same reward no matter how skill you are , then whats the point of even investing time to learn and become more skills in the game , everyone just log in for 5 min , do what they do then log out till reset , will this game be anyway of fun anymore?

    i am strongly against what OP said , i understand that the reward is low , but we should really just be grateful that they even release a normal version of the dgn , so your 6 chaos run weekly doesn't go to waste , we are asking for too much , we started with asking for more dgn weekly and once we have it , we want double loot with it as well , now we wanted a easy chaos raid and we finally got it , and we want it to have more reward , despite the normal mode is way easier .

    we are just being spoonfed and keep asking for more and more over time , if nexon give in to this kind of demand everytime , they might as well as hand out gear and gems for free

    They are giving away stuffs for free or nearly free since they removed P2W items. Do you have problem with that ? You should ask Nexon to add all the contents back if you are going against FREE.

    Did they say that they are going to change the mechanics so that players don't need skills to beat normal raid ? Please read http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/38927/update-nov-21-producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-6

    It will be less difficult because it is for 6 party members instead of 10. So the boss hp in normal raid should be around 60% of the boss hp in hard raid to be fair. This could be consider as less difficult compare with the boss in hard raid. Actually we don't know anything about normal raid. It is too early to say something like easy , no skill, fast, nothing to do .

    Don't you think FD is too easy ? Do you have problem with the double drop week ? Are you going to complain if they are going to increase the reward of FD ?
    I am telling you that all these raids will be as easy as FD when people have legendary weapons.
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    edited 9:49AM November 24, 2018
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Is a complete different situation , if you yield the same reward no matter how skill you are , then whats the point of even investing time to learn and become more skills in the game , everyone just log in for 5 min , do what they do then log out till reset , will this game be anyway of fun anymore?

    i am strongly against what OP said , i understand that the reward is low , but we should really just be grateful that they even release a normal version of the dgn , so your 6 chaos run weekly doesn't go to waste , we are asking for too much , we started with asking for more dgn weekly and once we have it , we want double loot with it as well , now we wanted a easy chaos raid and we finally got it , and we want it to have more reward , despite the normal mode is way easier .

    we are just being spoonfed and keep asking for more and more over time , if nexon give in to this kind of demand everytime , they might as well as hand out gear and gems for free

    They are giving away stuffs for free or nearly free since they removed P2W items. Do you have problem with that ? You should ask Nexon to add all the contents back if you are going against FREE.

    Did they say that they are going to change the mechanics so that players don't need skills to beat normal raid ? Please read http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/38927/update-nov-21-producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-6

    It will be less difficult because it is for 6 party members instead of 10. So the boss hp in normal raid should be around 60% of the boss hp in hard raid to be fair. This could be consider as less difficult compare with the boss in hard raid. Actually we don't know anything about normal raid. It is too early to say something like easy , no skill, fast, nothing to do .

    Don't you think FD is too easy ? Do you have problem with the double drop week ? Are you going to complain if they are going to increase the reward of FD ?
    I am telling you that all these raids will be as easy as FD when people have legendary weapons.

    Less hp = less dps uptime needed to maintain = less room for mistakes = a lot easier. Just because the mechanics stay the same doesn't mean it's equally difficult. And as for OP DISMINISHING RETURNS is definitely NOT a way of implementing end game, or else what's the point. As your re.tard.ed down syndrome, autistic suggestion of 10 frags, that essentially makes normal and hard the same reward, given that the person is unlucky and didn't get a single class equip from 6 hard dungeon, and let me tell you that's almost 99percent of the community that is clearing cdev right now. So no your suggestion is out right .ed. 5 frag in my opinion is more than generous, infact it's way too much.
    sytalas
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    faceface wrote: »
    Less hp = less dps uptime needed to maintain = less room for mistakes = a lot easier. Just because the mechanics stay the same doesn't mean it's equally difficult. And as for OP DISMINISHING RETURNS is definitely NOT a way of implementing end game, or else what's the point. As your re.tard.ed down syndrome, autistic suggestion of 10 frags, that essentially makes normal and hard the same reward, given that the person is unlucky and didn't get a single class equip from 6 hard dungeon, and let me tell you that's almost 99percent of the community that is clearing cdev right now. So no your suggestion is out right .ed. 5 frag in my opinion is more than generous, infact it's way too much.
    Should I report you for using the word " Re.tard.ed" or I should call you the same ?
    Do you know how many Hit points the normal boss will have ? Do you know the difficulty of normal raid already ? Show me your proof first before saying anything such as Less hp = less dps uptime needed to maintain = less room for mistakes = a lot easier. Also, these raids are not end game. We are far behind KMS2. These raids will be the future FD for new players soon.

    The reward of normal raid will be 2 chests If it drop 10 frags. 6 runs for 2 gears MAXIMUM. And you were talking about doing hard raid 6 runs for 2 gears MINIMUM. You were using your minimum to compare with my maximum. Did you see your logical issue now ?

    Don't your false statement in argument. It will make you a liar. 99% of the community can clear Cdev ? Come on. I just did a Cdev run on my alt which had 0 clear. He is rank 6k now. It is good to know there are only 6k players in GMS2.

    Think of this way. Most of the people who got gears from normal raid will move to hard raid directly. It will still take them more than a week to collect all 3 gears from Cdev if they can get 10 frags per run. It will take them 3 weeks to collect all 3 gears currently. Don't you think 3 weeks is too long just for 3 gears? why don't you just tell me you don't want to see casuals to catch up in 3 weeks ? Blame Nexon because they already made double drops and dungeon reset for newbie to catch up.

    BTW, my concern is Cmoc. I don't have enough Cmoc ready friends who can be online at the same time. That why I want to see the 6 man version. I don't care about difficulty,. We have cleared hard mode already. The 6 man version will save us a lot of time to look for people.
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    edited 1:33PM November 24, 2018
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    faceface wrote: »
    Less hp = less dps uptime needed to maintain = less room for mistakes = a lot easier. Just because the mechanics stay the same doesn't mean it's equally difficult. And as for OP DISMINISHING RETURNS is definitely NOT a way of implementing end game, or else what's the point. As your re.tard.ed down syndrome, autistic suggestion of 10 frags, that essentially makes normal and hard the same reward, given that the person is unlucky and didn't get a single class equip from 6 hard dungeon, and let me tell you that's almost 99percent of the community that is clearing cdev right now. So no your suggestion is out right .ed. 5 frag in my opinion is more than generous, infact it's way too much.
    Should I report you for using the word " Re.tard.ed" or I should call you the same ?
    Do you know how many Hit points the normal boss will have ? Do you know the difficulty of normal raid already ? Show me your proof first before saying anything such as Less hp = less dps uptime needed to maintain = less room for mistakes = a lot easier. Also, these raids are not end game. We are far behind KMS2. These raids will be the future FD for new players soon.

    The reward of normal raid will be 2 chests If it drop 10 frags. 6 runs for 2 gears MAXIMUM. And you were talking about doing hard raid 6 runs for 2 gears MINIMUM. You were using your minimum to compare with my maximum. Did you see your logical issue now ?

    Don't your false statement in argument. It will make you a liar. 99% of the community can clear Cdev ? Come on. I just did a Cdev run on my alt which had 0 clear. He is rank 6k now. It is good to know there are only 6k players in GMS2.

    Think of this way. Most of the people who got gears from normal raid will move to hard raid directly. It will still take them more than a week to collect all 3 gears from Cdev if they can get 10 frags per run. It will take them 3 weeks to collect all 3 gears currently. Don't you think 3 weeks is too long just for 3 gears? why don't you just tell me you don't want to see casuals to catch up in 3 weeks ? Blame Nexon because they already made double drops and dungeon reset for newbie to catch up.

    BTW, my concern is Cmoc. I don't have enough Cmoc ready friends who can be online at the same time. That why I want to see the 6 man version. I don't care about difficulty,. We have cleared hard mode already. The 6 man version will save us a lot of time to look for people.
    99 percent of the ones who clear, ur comparing a min to a unrealistic maximum, which most people don't hit. It's basically a max for hard raid. It is end game now, just because it'll wont be end game later don't mean we make running hard raid pointless. It's obviously going to be drastically dumbed down or else why the living fk are they taking the time to even implement it? It's suppose to be a tutorial for the harder version. Your post clearly shows autism. If you don't see the minimal difference in rewards if you were granted 10 frags per normal clear, you clearly have not cleared cdev.
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Posts: 75
    Member
    czlr wrote: »
    WhyWhy wrote: »
    Is a complete different situation , if you yield the same reward no matter how skill you are , then whats the point of even investing time to learn and become more skills in the game , everyone just log in for 5 min , do what they do then log out till reset , will this game be anyway of fun anymore?

    i am strongly against what OP said , i understand that the reward is low , but we should really just be grateful that they even release a normal version of the dgn , so your 6 chaos run weekly doesn't go to waste , we are asking for too much , we started with asking for more dgn weekly and once we have it , we want double loot with it as well , now we wanted a easy chaos raid and we finally got it , and we want it to have more reward , despite the normal mode is way easier .

    we are just being spoonfed and keep asking for more and more over time , if nexon give in to this kind of demand everytime , they might as well as hand out gear and gems for free

    Please read what I wrote carefully and check my previous replies. It's nothing close to the same reward, so I don't know why you're claiming that. Hard dungeons are still significantly better all across the board, with extra drops, pets, and rerollers(!!).

    Please Understand that clearing the actual raid in hard chaos mode gives us a RANDOM gear that may not even be our class , if you get a gear that is not your class , is pretty much 10 fragment , which is the same of your DOUBLE DROP normal raid .
  • NitrosNitros
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 790
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited 2:13PM November 24, 2018
    Well, how it works is that games are a form of entertainment. What matters is how people experience the game. This is of course subjective. I personally don't see much problem with doubling the rewards. From what I understood normal mode doesn't change the mechanics, only the numbers. I am sorry, but no one is special because his or her stats are higher. That way of thinking is "completely ridiculous".

    I see the problem that people will go easy mode and ignore the other mode as well, but... so what? That hust means hard ode doesn't deliver a good game experience and it should die anyways.

    I would agree on an argument that we should observe the difficulty first. However that also means we may want to increase the reward even further. Both Nexon and a part of the community seem to think (Hard) Chaos Raids are that cool think everybody want to clear. Is it really? And is it a problem if people don't? I personally don't think it's a bad thing if "things is spoonfed to players". I mean, Kirby and Mario games are still popular and tose are very easy. Of course we don't need t make it that easy. :)

    Anyway, I agree and support that suggestion. I think it makes the game more fun to play.
    ZZZzzzFrostZz
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited 2:45PM November 24, 2018
    faceface wrote: »
    99 percent of the ones who clear, ur comparing a min to a unrealistic maximum, which most people don't hit. It's basically a max for hard raid. It is end game now, just because it'll wont be end game later don't mean we make running hard raid pointless. It's obviously going to be drastically dumbed down or else why the living fk are they taking the time to even implement it? It's suppose to be a tutorial for the harder version. Your post clearly shows autism. If you don't see the minimal difference in rewards if you were granted 10 frags per normal clear, you clearly have not cleared cdev.

    You can do normal raid instead of hard raid if you think doing hard raid is pointless because you can never get gears for your class. It is RNG's fault. Blame RNG. it is nothing about the players who are doing normal raid. You got a chance to get your gear directly but the people who are doing normal raid do not get the chance. I was in a similar situation, I played hard and spent a lot but i didnt get a piercing 4.0%. I don't understand why other players can get it. I want to complain about it too after seeing your post.
    Sure, you can say chaos raid is the current end game. This is why you don't want to see casuals catch up, hmm ? Looks like you are the autism.
    Many people have already cleared Cdev. It is as easy as FD to me. The gears from Cdev are not special anymore. I don't know why you are keep defending Cdev

    Also , there are people selling and buying runs. The people who cannot clear raids could always buy runs.Probably they are meso buyers. Give them more reward in normal raid will stop them from buying runs and meso. Don't tell me you are one of the runs seller who is encouraging people to buy meso to buy your runs.
    FrostZz
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 250
    Member
    ZZZzzz wrote: »
    faceface wrote: »
    99 percent of the ones who clear, ur comparing a min to a unrealistic maximum, which most people don't hit. It's basically a max for hard raid. It is end game now, just because it'll wont be end game later don't mean we make running hard raid pointless. It's obviously going to be drastically dumbed down or else why the living fk are they taking the time to even implement it? It's suppose to be a tutorial for the harder version. Your post clearly shows autism. If you don't see the minimal difference in rewards if you were granted 10 frags per normal clear, you clearly have not cleared cdev.

    You can do normal raid instead of hard raid if you think doing hard raid is pointless because you can never get gears for your class. It is RNG's fault. Blame RNG. it is nothing about the players who are doing normal raid. You got a chance to get your gear directly but the people who are doing normal raid do not get the chance. I was in a similar situation, I played hard and spent a lot but i didnt get a piercing 4.0%. I don't understand why other players can get it. I want to complain about it too after seeing your post.
    Sure, you can say chaos raid is the current end game. This is why you don't want to see casuals catch up, hmm ? Looks like you are the autism.
    Many people have already cleared Cdev. It is as easy as FD to me. The gears from Cdev are not special anymore. I don't know why you are keep defending Cdev

    Also , there are people selling and buying runs. The people who cannot clear raids could always buy runs.Probably they are meso buyers. Give them more reward in normal raid will stop them from buying runs and meso. Don't tell me you are one of the runs seller who is encouraging people to buy meso to buy your runs.

    I think you're the autistic one, casual is only term for personal. You can reach end game casually for any game, but if you're expecting to do that in a month of no work then why are you playing games. DFO takes years to reach end game, really don't see the point of the complaint and suggestion. And it doesn't matter if RNG is the problem, the rewards of normal and hard should not be equalize whether rng is on your side or not period. So yes this suggestion essentially makes running hard mode pointless. As 99 percent of the people that clear don't get reward for their class.
  • ZZZzzzZZZzzz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 160
    Member
    edited 12:12AM November 26, 2018
    faceface wrote: »
    I think you're the autistic one, casual is only term for personal. You can reach end game casually for any game, but if you're expecting to do that in a month of no work then why are you playing games. DFO takes years to reach end game, really don't see the point of the complaint and suggestion. And it doesn't matter if RNG is the problem, the rewards of normal and hard should not be equalize whether rng is on your side or not period. So yes this suggestion essentially makes running hard mode pointless. As 99 percent of the people that clear don't get reward for their class.
    Dude, are you a kid ? you are calling others autistic in the first sentence without showing your opinion. This is not your place to talk trash.
    I already mentioned the raids are not end game. There will be more updates coming. Yes DFO takes years to reach end game. Do you want to see the same thing here ? Do you want to farm these 3 raids for years ? .
    You can do normal raid instead of hard raid if you think doing hard raid is pointless. Nobody is going to stop you from doing normal raid. Let me explain your opinion in a simple way. You life is unfortunate and RNG hates you. You can never get gear for your class from hard raid so you don't want others to get gears within 3 weeks. Whether they are lucky or not, their rewards and yours should not be equalized

    I am going to call you a liar because you used false statement in argument again. 99 percent of the people that clear don't get reward for their class is not true.
    There are 8 classes and you can get 12 gear boxes total each week. People should be able to get 1 gear for their class at least