Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Why did you choose to play priest?

Comments

• OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    I'll add another reason - in almost all MMOs, healer types are non-threatening. This means that no matter where I go, even in PvP zones, I can strike up a conversation and hang out with someone without scaring them away, even if they're a brand-new player who anyone else can one-shot. Generally there's a much higher chance people will let their guard down and not jump straight into "moar combat".

While this isn't much of an issue in MS2, I think the habit's followed me here.
  • SylqtSylqt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    I've been a healer in mmos since forever. I started MS2 telling myself I would not fall back into that archetype and picked up runeblade, which I really enjoyed. I said I would have a priest alt, so levelled that at the same time.

But doing normal dungeons to try and gear up, I realised I was getting angry at the priests in my group.
    Sooo here I am again, the heal slave, and the only geared priest in my guild who can do hardmodes. I've done so much FD my brain is melting out of my ears XD
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • RayláRaylá
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    I've been playing gw2 for a long time, so I missed the classic trinity (current 'trinity' is meh). Back then, I was playing RO a lot, mostly either as a crusader or priest. Even in ROSE Online, I played the healer, simply because I had those super cool buffs (Everyone was like: BUFF PLS >o<), and I could also powerlevel randoms or friends whenever I feel like it. Group support in dungeons might always be a challenge, but at the same time, it never gets old, because healing different people with different playstyle requires a bit of adaption, so it stays interesting, even though it's just farming dungeons in the end. Raids on the other hand might be a bit too much for me, but unless I try, I never get to know if I can perform well. So yeah, I love healing, buffing while not being that bad at dealing damage. Few more are: No potions needed (Always hated it, my poor moneyyyy T.t) and an easier time to find a group for dungeons.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • LotusXLotusX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I wish I hadn't, priest is easily the worst class and future looks even worse. There's a reason why people wait forever on them in FD, hardly anyone wants to bother with this slow, glitchy, and nearly useless joke of a class. There are multiple ways to heal and the priest buffs aren't worth it except for very specific occasions. The only decent buff lasts less than 10% of the time, and that's with the extra skill boosting it...so about 30 skill points for it including prereqs lol. Still blows my mind that the devs haven't even fixed the suicide priest dash bug yet, but they're already planning a 20% decrease to priest damage rofl. Seriously, just remove this pointless class and give the other classes some healing and/or better pots - it's a huge embarrassment to the game really.

I'm starting work on a new main, dps is what this game is about. There may be a few small exceptions of course, but certainly not worth the extra effort it takes to gear up a priest. Or just may find a new game since there's no point or fun in being stuck so far behind everyone, just clearing repetitive normal dungeons with the bots...so fun!
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    LotusX wrote: »
    I'm starting work on a new main, dps is what this game is about. There may be a few small exceptions of course, but certainly not worth the extra effort it takes to gear up a priest. Or just may find a new game since there's no point or fun in being stuck so far behind everyone, just clearing repetitive normal dungeons with the bots...so fun!

Hey, Lotus! I've been noticing a lot of your posts across the forum lately. The devs did change the Priest's dash, and I haven't heard of any plans to decrease Priest's damage (though I'd really appreciate a link, if you can provide it). I'm sorry Priest didn't fit your playstyle like it does mine, and I hope you enjoy whichever DPS class you choose. Hopefully I'll get to party with you sometime. :)
  • SadritualSadritual
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    edited 10:26PM November 21, 2018
    Waiting for the rest of the classes to come out, I like hybrids.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    haven't heard of any plans to decrease Priest's damage (though I'd really appreciate a link, if you can provide it).

He is talking about awakening where we get a skill that is translated to this:

"PROTECTOR OF LIFE
    You are awakened as the guardian of life by living with the energy of the life that is in the world. It borrow the power of life to increase recovery and movement speed by 20%. As a sacrifice, your damage is reduced by 20%."
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • ToukichiToukichi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    Because I like to keep the party alive and like to be a team player. Being a healer has always require more awareness in mmorpgs as you have to pay attention to peoples lives, boss mechanics and even your own small dps between heals if possible. However, on ms2 I feel like we ain't really needed and am having to gate myself into being a dps and having to work much harder than dps to do this as people don't really need a priest as much, which is pretty sad.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    edited 3:59PM December 8, 2018
    I like being a slave unknown.png
    OneConfusedMilletianToukichiActualChabbyXashi
  • XashiXashi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Dizzyuser wrote: »
    The main reason I play the class is cause I used to get kinda mad at bad healers in most mmos I would play, instead of just getting mad at them I decided to become a healer and fix the problem that I had instead of just complaining

Glad I’m not the only one!
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • ZapplixZapplix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    I allways go for healer starting new games. Saves up a lot of potions/is cost effective and you get acces to all the group content way faster. My second "main" usually is either an off tank or a dps, whichewer the guild lacks. In case of MS2, priest has plenty of mobility selfbuffs so that it's the perfect class to go for all the trophies in the game. If it had stealth to, it would be op (not that exploration and resource gathering is hard in this game).