Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

problems with End-game elitist want specific stats

OldwargoatOldwargoat
MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
edited 11:19AM November 16, 2018 in Dungeons
most of the meat-heads that want specific stats for Chaos dungeons for each class most of the time don't play those jobs and it is a fact. they are putting an artificial gate and grind in chaos dungeons to make sure the hardest content is just for them. You can try to use stats and numbers to cloud the truth and there are some who see right through the BS and it can be done with other stats. Honestly, don't listen to these players that say you need this stats or that stat because once you get it they will say it's not enough and that is the truth. You do not want anyone who can do it in there. and then when they nerf it you complain about it cause your artificial gate is gone...you folks need to stop this tactic cause if you continue with this ploy of your you are just going to ruin the game for everyone else...
  1. Is there a player base gate to keep out other players who meet the requirements for Chaos Dungeons69 votes
    1. Yes and the devs should do something about it
       51% (35 votes)
    2. yes, but to keep the bots and cheaters out
       7% (5 votes)
    3. no cause I am a toxic elitist that wants to ruin the game for others
       42% (29 votes)

Comments

• OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 12:47PM November 19, 2018
    Eh, I suppose forums are a healthy enough way for us to vent. /shrug

@Oldwargoat, this "toxic elitist that wants to ruin the game for others" can see where you're coming from. I remember at least one player in Party Finder who was demanding 5k GS for Tronix, of all dungeons. Still, I think your frustration is misplaced. Some people want to be first in server, or want to feel like they are a cut above the rest - let them. For each one of them, there are plenty of other players who don't give a d*mn and would be happy to run dungeons and raids with you. Most of them have joined guilds is all, but I'm sure you can find them.
    Tsukasa_HiiragiKylieSBabou
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,475
    edited 12:46PM November 19, 2018
    I really like those biased poll options you got there. Makes your arguments seem very invalid.
    OneConfusedMilletianDanDKUlukiniLofiVibesInternetPersonXenociderOmegaKaviEnomotoAkarotfendrien
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    these types of choices make people choose the funniest answer instead of taking it seriously

Well the listed requirements in the tab is pretty misleading because it implies you've dealt with rng that's even worse than enchanting epic weapons to +15 (gems, attributes, pets). If you can pull your own weight then I guess there's a reason why they're stuck in pug parties.
  • iinfernoiinferno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    Completed Cdev multiple times already, if nobody is dead by the end it can be done with 12-13+ weapons and w/e stats if people know where to stand to DPS the with a few spare minutes left.

All of the fail runs i've had were because by the last phase 3/4 people were dead both with weapons +15 and without them.
    I guess they ask for specific stats because if they fail miserably someone else can make up in damage for them.

Also try asking somebody or yourself to take spicy noodles from rue shop ( 6% more dmg for all the group )
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,530
    You are free to form Chaos groups with any other players you want. More than enough people are willing to join you, you just have to take the initiative and invite them. Then you can see for yourself what is possible or not.
    iinferno wrote: »
    Completed Cdev multiple times already, if nobody is dead by the end it can be done with 12-13+ weapons and w/e stats if people know where to stand to DPS the with a few spare minutes left.

That's completely false. Even with +14/+15 weapons, decent stats, food buff and no deaths and instant kills on healing adds, most parties finish with barely a few minutes left to spare.
    If you have +13 or less on your main weapon, you need close to perfect stats on everything else (which almost nobody in existence has except the most hardcore top players) in addition to no mistakes at all, which is way too much pressure to put on anyone. It's much easier to at least grab a few people with higher upgraded weapons.
    Nexon's recommended requirement of +11 is complete bs and practically impossible.
    UinixEnomotoKarma93
  • DragonsNestPlayer3092DragonsNestPlayer3092
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    WHOA pokemon lets go evee and pikachu is SO ELITIST!! THEY HAVE THE ELITE FOUR! Why cant i be just as good as the elite four with my level 5 squirtle! how dumb! Not fair Nintendo! Please give me 70 Rare candy RIGHT NOW!
    Enomoto
  • UinixUinix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 900
    If you think that there's an "artificial gate" keeping you from running the dungeons with other "toxic elites," why don't you just make your own parties and recruit? Better yet why don't you try it with a full party of +15 with bad rolls? Do you really want to experience never finishing cdev even once?
  • iinfernoiinferno
    DanDK wrote: »
    You are free to form Chaos groups with any other players you want. More than enough people are willing to join you, you just have to take the initiative and invite them. Then you can see for yourself what is possible or not.

That's completely false. Even with +14/+15 weapons, decent stats, food buff and no deaths and instant kills on healing adds, most parties finish with barely a few minutes left to spare.
    If you have +13 or less on your main weapon, you need close to perfect stats on everything else (which almost nobody in existence has except the most hardcore top players) in addition to no mistakes at all, which is way too much pressure to put on anyone. It's much easier to at least grab a few people with higher upgraded weapons.
    Nexon's recommended requirement of +11 is complete bs and practically impossible.

Sounds to me like you haven't finished it yet, if you go unbuffed, spend too much time dodging and not killing healing adds then yes its impossible but maybe for you. I've done it already on two different characters and the biggest problem is people dying/losing all their lives by the end and wasting time.

Take every possible buff guild,food,tonics take a priest with maxed aura smiting and holy symbol and practice where to stand, there are plenty of videos out there.

Maybe i could've agreed before but after watching same raid cleared in a 4 player run, at this point there is no excuse.
    FrostZz
  • UinixUinix

Sounds to me like you haven't finished it yet, if you go unbuffed, spend too much time dodging and not killing healing adds then yes its impossible but maybe for you. I've done it already on two different characters and the biggest problem is people dying/losing all their lives by the end and wasting time.

Take every possible buff guild,food,tonics take a priest with maxed aura smiting and holy symbol and practice where to stand, there are plenty of videos out there.

Maybe i could've agreed before but after watching same raid cleared in a 4 player run, at this point there is no excuse.

Maybe check your character if they have decent stats?

Ive done cdev many times without anyone dying and 80% uptime, while the boss doesn't heal from ads it's impossible to do over the required 75m per person with a +13 weapon if you don't have buffs + decent rolls. FYI if you test using dummies, multiply your damage by around 2/3 since there's no way you can get the same amount on the boss esp since the dummies don't have evasion as well as having less resistance than the boss and they don't move.
  • iinfernoiinferno
    Uinix wrote: »

Maybe check your character if they have decent stats?

Ive done cdev many times without anyone dying and 80% uptime, while the boss doesn't heal from ads it's impossible to do over the required 75m per person with a +13 weapon if you don't have buffs + decent rolls. FYI if you test using dummies, multiply your damage by around 2/3 since there's no way you can get the same amount on the boss esp since the dummies don't have evasion as well as having less resistance than the boss and they don't move.

Not once did i use the dummy cause its just misleading, by "w/e stats" i meant go with as much piercing/boss dmg you got through RNG not demanding any specific number ( most of my party barely had over 10% ), since you can't force people to have good luck, someone who has practiced will outdps another player who has good stats but less experience but some people are too dense to understand that.

I gave you some tips on how we did it, but here's a few more take an archer with level 10 crit buff and also take a runeblader with their level 10 buff.

If you still believe its still impossible because of "them RNG" i can't help you lol.

As i said to someone else in another post, if you had those mechanics you'd have cleared it by now so either keep practicing with your group or stick to Normal Raid until you get your desired stats.

BTW there won't be Normal Mode for Clock Tower raid so i'll probably see you in another posts complaining about it.

FrostZz
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    edited 3:01AM November 22, 2018
    There is a pretty toxic playerbase, that much is a given - its an MMo and as such, always going to have 'bad actors' is what they are calling them now? Honestly? MS1 had a waaay more toxic playerbase than MS2 ever had....literally so toxic your eyes would get cancer from some of that playerbase during its heyday. This community actually isn't so bad, even the obvious trolls aren't even so bad here - now ingame for MS2? yes, there are problematic players and guilds for sure, but again? Nothing you can do, just do your own thing and enjoy the game as best as you can or join a helpful guild or just have some friends in-game who are nice and willing to help. The moderators, and even GM are pretty nice actually - its refreshing to see the devs actually trying to make the game better for everyone, its nice ~ I'm sorry for being a pain in the butt sometimes :3

Take me for instance, I'm always willing to help anyone if they ask and i'm not to busy doing my guild duties, doing my alt daily routine - but outside of that, Tsukasa is a really cute priest on NA server and willing to help anyone, or help with hardmode dungeons too, I'm even willing to help some of the people who hate me because of my opinions here. I have strong opinions when I play a game that I enjoy but see room for improvements that would help the majority of players.
  • Induced_ApathyInduced_Apathy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    I think the OP should keep in mind that in a raid you're causing a problem for nine other people not just 3 in a hard dungeon. What about their time and effort? Raids have always had certain limitations and barriers to entry. Guild imposed or otherwise. I would just bear that in mind.
  • UinixUinix
    edited 10:32AM November 28, 2018
    Not once did i use the dummy cause its just misleading, by "w/e stats" i meant go with as much piercing/boss dmg you got through RNG not demanding any specific number ( most of my party barely had over 10% ), since you can't force people to have good luck, someone who has practiced will outdps another player who has good stats but less experience but some people are too dense to understand that.

I gave you some tips on how we did it, but here's a few more take an archer with level 10 crit buff and also take a runeblader with their level 10 buff.

If you still believe its still impossible because of "them RNG" i can't help you lol.

As i said to someone else in another post, if you had those mechanics you'd have cleared it by now so either keep practicing with your group or stick to Normal Raid until you get your desired stats.

BTW there won't be Normal Mode for Clock Tower raid so i'll probably see you in another posts complaining about it.

The dps on dummies is not misleading, all you have to do is multiply your damage by 2/3 to find a rough estimate of how much the average person who clears cdev does with your class/gear. I cleared cdev on the second day it was out and it's legit impossible to have "barely over 10%" for piercing and boss damage (I assume this is what you mean) and to do the required 75 million per player. If you can't even do over 10m on the dummies, its near impossible to pull off the dps that is required for this raid. All of the content that nexon has made/announced is not difficult (unless you compare it to the current dungeons which are out). Besides, the archer buff and runeblader/wizard buffs are basically a requirement to do enough dps stated by "elite"/"highly skilled" players.
  • UinixUinix

The dps on dummies is not misleading, all you have to do is multiply your damage by 2/3 to find a rough estimate of how much the average person who clears cdev does with your class/gear. I cleared cdev on the second day it was out and it's legit impos
  • iinfernoiinferno

The dps on dummies is not misleading, all you have to do is multiply your damage by 2/3 to find a rough estimate of how much the average person who clears cdev does with your class/gear. I cleared cdev on the second day it was out and it's legit impossible to have "barely over 10%" for piercing and boss damage (I assume this is what you mean) and to do the required 75 million per player. If you can't even do over 10m on the dummies, its near impossible to pull off the dps that is required for this raid. All of the content that nexon has made/announced is not difficult (unless you compare it to the current dungeons which are out). Besides, the archer buff and runeblader/wizard buffs are basically a requirement to do enough dps stated by "elite"/"highly skilled" players.

You say you cleared cdev and then you say its legit impossible, it doesn't make sense... in fact its so easy that we are taking newbies from our guild who don't do much damage and still clear it to help them gear up.

A dummy its just useless i don't need a rough estimate from a target that doesn't move, attack or have any defense whatsoever, those pulling good numbers (+15 weapon ) with the dummy usually die between 2 to 5 min in so yes it is misleading lol.

I've yet to see anybody in-game complaining that it is too hard everyone is doing either practices or pug clears already.

Archer and runeblader buffs are nice to have but not a requierement you need to stop listening to the "elite" and start thinking for yourself.
  • UinixUinix

You say you cleared cdev and then you say its legit impossible, it doesn't make sense... in fact its so easy that we are taking newbies from our guild who don't do much damage and still clear it to help them gear up.

A dummy its just useless i don't need a rough estimate from a target that doesn't move, attack or have any defense whatsoever, those pulling good numbers (+15 weapon ) with the dummy usually die between 2 to 5 min in so yes it is misleading lol.

I've yet to see anybody in-game complaining that it is too hard everyone is doing either practices or pug clears already.

Archer and runeblader buffs are nice to have but not a requierement you need to stop listening to the "elite" and start thinking for yourself.

I mean if you do
  • UinixUinix

I mean if you dont have at least 87 acc you are missing out on a lot of damage due to misses, but explicitly stated that it would be impossible to clear and contribute the amount you need to carry your own weight if you have 10% piercing and bd. It's not impossible to clear with under that amount, but since you said your entire group is filled up with that, it would be, unless of course, you have buffs as well as a decently leveled exceptional/epic pet.
  • iinfernoiinferno

I mean if you dont have at least 87 acc you are missing out on a lot of damage due to misses, but explicitly stated that it would be impossible to clear and contribute the amount you need to carry your own weight if you have 10% piercing and bd. It's not impossible to clear with under that amount, but since you said your entire group is filled up with that, it would be, unless of course, you have buffs as well as a decently leveled exceptional/epic pet.

In our first 5 clears none of us had a leveled pet at all due to not knowing how strong they are, and even now not many are leveling their pets. Sounds to me that you got carried in your clears and keep pulling random numbers to make it look impossible when just about anyone who bothers to practice it can do it.

Either way there's normal mode now coming soon, so you can stick to that but it'll take you longer to get your stuff.

To be fair if you spent the same time practicing cdev as you do crying you'd have your 3 pieces by now... btw i insta kick people who start demanding "x" amount of certain stats because more often than not they absolutely suck.
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    To be fair if you spent the same time practicing cdev as you do crying you'd have your 3 pieces by now... btw i insta kick people who start demanding "x" amount of certain stats because more often than not they absolutely suck.

I wish i was allowed in practice runs. I have 9% piercing, capped with magic piercing, 8% boss damage, with 97 accuracy a +15 weapon and level 30 pet, "you need to work on your gear before you can join Cdev"
    Sure I have run practice runs with my guild, but I had to wait for them to be online and it would only be like 1 run per day :/. Elitists are annoying as hell.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Let me play the devil's advocate here...

1) Cdev has 650m HP.
    - Divided equally between 10 players INCLUDING the priest and the knight, it's 65m per person.
    - Assuming the priest and the knight have to do the same as a DPS when combined (calculating for 9 people), it's 72.2m per person.
    - Assuming neither will be pulling their weight (calculating for 8 people), it's 81.25m per person.

2) Cmoc has 910m hp.
    - Same as before: between 10 players, it's 91m per person.
    - Same as before: between 9 players, it's 101.1m per person.
    - Same as before: between 8 players, it's 113.75m per person.

3) Cpap has 1460m HP.
    - Same as before: between 10 players, it's 146m per person.
    - Same as before: between 9 players, it's 162.2m per person.
    - Same as before: between 8 players, it's 182.5m per person.

When you go to the Chaos Raid instance and test your DPS on the target dummies, what's your DPS? Are you hitting near any of the above numbers? If you're below all of them, then understand that people generally dislike failing, and would rather invite people who SEEM to be able to pull their own weight, rather than risking it for someone they don't know who SEEMS like they won't be able to pull their own weight.

In order to avoid this, join a good guild. If your guild is bad at running chaos raids, or are inactive, leave it. Don't let your emotional attachments sour the game for you.
    CasszuneMidboss