Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

B4 2

facefacefaceface
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
in General Chat
Clarifying other people's question regards to b4. The person with b4 keys opens the gate and when u get to chest he opens and thats the moment he loses his key anything before it doesn't matter. Now for all the precaution, people have done this and in reality no1 will sell you b4 after chest is open. People that here say crap obviously hasn't gone that far into the game to deem b4 buying as worth it. As for the response forum mod, so is this how our community going to be? How nexon is going to deal with bad behaviors. Just because it's a new norm that is invented by the players it's not nexon's job to regulate and provide a better economy and community for their player base? This is the kind of sh.itty attitude that kills every single nexon game beside derp sh.it ms1. I'm sure forum mods are hired by nexon in some way shape or form, whether they get paychecks or just in forms of merets and instead of doing something much more productive like banning bots and taking care of bad behaviors we have them so actively at calling people out for witch hunting on the forums Clap clap. And ya'll also no wut im gana be doing with b4 when mods r this type of attitude. Really shows how far this game will last.

Comments

• DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    faceface wrote: »
    Clarifying other people's question regards to b4. The person with b4 keys opens the gate and when u get to chest he opens and thats the moment he loses his key anything before it doesn't matter. Now for all the precaution, people have done this and in reality no1 will sell you b4 after chest is open. People that here say crap obviously hasn't gone that far into the game to deem b4 buying as worth it. As for the response forum mod, so is this how our community going to be? How nexon is going to deal with bad behaviors. Just because it's a new norm that is invented by the players it's not nexon's job to regulate and provide a better economy and community for their player base? This is the kind of sh.itty attitude that kills every single nexon game beside derp sh.it ms1. I'm sure forum mods are hired by nexon in some way shape or form, whether they get paychecks or just in forms of merets and instead of doing something much more productive like banning bots and taking care of bad behaviors we have them so actively at calling people out for witch hunting on the forums Clap clap. And ya'll also no wut im gana be doing with b4 when mods r this type of attitude. Really shows how far this game will last.

You are engaging in a form of trade that is outside of conventional means. Nexon does not have a way to track this. If you are scammed for participating in a form of player trade that is outside of the black market or a physical item in the trade menu then it is not the fault of Nexon.
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    edited 8:31AM November 20, 2018
    Maybe if they at least made the rate of getting a b4 key high enough to get 4-5 each week when identifying keys on 9 alts a day. Jungsoo Lee says he wants to make ms2 1 char friendly but I don't see that happening when it isn't 9 char friendly.
    Pkmdz
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Forum mods are volunteers and all they do is moderate the forums, lol. We had a contest for the positions not that long ago. If someone is a GM in-game, then it's not because they're a forum mod.

Just saying.
  • facefacefaceface
    A simple video proof that isn’t edited is more than enough in fact many games actually take videos as a valid proof. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be forum mods just nexon focusing on the wrong areas. Technically speaking their not really volunteers, I’m fairly sure they have a specific moderating hours and get payed in form of nx
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    A simple video proof that isn’t edited is more than enough in fact many games actually take videos as a valid proof. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be forum mods just nexon focusing on the wrong areas. Technically speaking their not really volunteers, I’m fairly sure they have a specific moderating hours and get payed in form of nx

Mighty big assumptions you're laying down. And even if you did submit video proof, selling runs and dungeon entries is not something Nexon should have to be responsible for. You're going around the traditional payment channels to pay for a service rather than an item and from a player instead of the game. In the end, nobody forced anyone to spend meso on dungeon runs (in fact it is mostly inefficient) and you're responsible for your own money.
  • yudcyudc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    edited 11:00AM November 20, 2018
    spend meso on dungeon runs (in fact it is mostly inefficient)

Do you even know what b4 is? It's not like every other dungeon because it's entrance is rng gated. Not even talking about gear, getting the key itself to enter is rng. It's so bad it's worth getting scammed half the time.
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Having a record (either video or pictures) of person advertising sale of B4 runs then scamming ppls is usually enough proof to open a case with support.

This game is it's company property saying that company has nothing to do with someone abusing and exploiting others is just plain stupid ! It's in every game online ever TOS that one player shouldn't exploit or hurt others for his personal gain no matter what !

On term of RNG It's been a week now I haven't seen B4 and I analyze 5 keys per day , FeelsBadMan !

Support my proposition that they add option to trade in 5 B1 keys for 1 B4 so we can all enjoy in benefits of that dungeon !

5 weekly runs - 3 mil each , there goes my weekly profit :(

O yea out of all that 1 gemstone upgrade and failed re rolls on gear ! Pheww .
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400

You would be completely and factually wrong... They are absolutely volunteers who donate their time to moderating the forums because they enjoy the game and community... Aside from you that is.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    edited 9:49PM November 20, 2018
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    Having a record (either video or pictures) of person advertising sale of B4 runs then scamming ppls is usually enough proof to open a case with support.

This game is it's company property saying that company has nothing to do with someone abusing and exploiting others is just plain stupid ! It's in every game online ever TOS that one player shouldn't exploit or hurt others for his personal gain no matter what !

On term of RNG It's been a week now I haven't seen B4 and I analyze 5 keys per day , FeelsBadMan !

Support my proposition that they add option to trade in 5 B1 keys for 1 B4 so we can all enjoy in benefits of that dungeon !

If you enter into an agreement within the game that doesnt have a safety system built in to protect you, THE FAULT IS YOURS. This is almost the exact same as if you tried to buy mesos off a mesobot, got scammed, and then complained to Nexon about why they arent protecting you and your purchase... There is a super easy way to not EVER get scammed buying b4 runs. Dont buy b4 runs... I mean half the forums feel you yourself should be banned anyways for trying to buy a b4 run anyways, there wouldnt be a market to sell if there werent people like you buying. Or maybe, just maybe you take some personal responsibility and realize you need to look after your own interests in non protected trades...
  • DishonesteaDishonestea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 9:37PM November 20, 2018
    Khalyk wrote: »

You would be completely and factually wrong... They are absolutely volunteers who donate their time to moderating the forums because they enjoy the game and community... Aside from you that is.

they actually do get a smol amount of nx, but the ones i knew they didn't think it was worth it
  • facefacefaceface
    Khalyk wrote: »
    IWALY69 wrote: »

If you enter into an agreement within the game that doesnt have a safety system built in to protect you, THE FAULT IS YOURS. This is almost the exact same as if you tried to buy mesos off a mesobot, got scammed, and then complained to Nexon about why they arent protecting you and your purchase... There is a super easy way to not EVER get scammed buying b4 runs. Dont buy b4 runs... I mean half the forums feel you yourself should be banned anyways for trying to buy a b4 run anyways, there wouldnt be a market to sell if there werent people like you buying. Or maybe, just maybe you take some personal responsibility and realize you need to look after your own interests in non protected trades...

EXCEPT BUYING MESO IS AGAINST THE T&C AND PRETTY SURE SCAMMING IS TOO SO.