Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Exploiting Macro AFK farmers Will they get banned?

Comments

  • EcchiOtakuTMEcchiOtakuTM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    Posts: 158
    Member
    Literally have 4 crops near eachother with an auto collect badge. Have auto fishing/music on.

    Which you can make actual money from. How are these any different from setting up an ig macro and looking away while your character kills spawns or setting up a house in a way where you can hold a key and look away.

    Honestly this is just plain jealously you didn't think about it and want to condemn people who did, power to them they don't have to spend time doinging something they obviously wanted to skip over. I'll take my time and get it but it isn't that important to complain about banning them.
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Posts: 93
    Member
    Yes because you can auto gather crops for 24h straight , yes cuz you get items that can be sold for massive profit from fishing and specially music !

    OMG Do you even know difference ?

    Props to them for getting reported and eventually banned.

    Of course we are all jealous because us stupid people play game as it meant to be played while this others use exploits to play game while they have "real" life.

    Ooo the Jealousy !
    DragonicWolfMeso_Man
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    Posts: 105
    Member
    BananaCat wrote: »
    Or at the very least make em pull weeds in prison for a few nights.
    ^ this
    BananaCat
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited 11:00PM November 19, 2018
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    Yes because you can auto gather crops for 24h straight , yes cuz you get items that can be sold for massive profit from fishing and specially music !

    OMG Do you even know difference ?

    Props to them for getting reported and eventually banned.

    Of course we are all jealous because us stupid people play game as it meant to be played while this others use exploits to play game while they have "real" life.

    Ooo the Jealousy !

    Report me all you want for holding my circle button down, false reports will get "YOU" banned. idiot.

    EDIT: Also for those of you who seem to also know absolutely nothing, You can only hold down a button for attacks for like 20 seconds at most then it stops. So yea, "holding" is used in a loose term, but how about you try stuff before you make further idiots out of yourselves? Sound like a plan?
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Posts: 93
    Member
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    You can only hold down a button for attacks for like 20 seconds at most then it stops.

    LOL absolutely not true, you can hold it as much you want and attacks won't break. Play game before trolling please !

    Flagging your post for verbal abuse !

  • InternetPersonInternetPerson
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 615
    Posts: 27
    Member
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    You are an idiot. Proven by the fact that you think me pressing a button on a controller is botting.

    I should not be banned because I am holding a button while watching a movie. It does not hurt your game experience in any way. I am not just gonna sit there and stare at a my self spam flame wave for 5 hours. If you don't wanna hold a button and watch a movie, that's your choice and it does not mean that someone should be banned for not following your OPINION.

    Name calling doesnt make your argument valid. Yes so you watch a movie for 5 hours while holding down said button. Yes I'm sure you are there 100% of the time. What server are you on? I guess you wouldnt mind if I checked up on you now and then and report you if you are afk farming and dont reply? You dont need to reply for sure thats your choice. But expect to be reported when you dont. Like everyone else I report for unattended gameplay.

    So yeah. Keep thinking what you are doing is legit. Gonna enjoy the next post you do asking why you are trade banned all of the sudden.
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited 12:34AM November 20, 2018
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    You are an idiot. Proven by the fact that you think me pressing a button on a controller is botting.

    I should not be banned because I am holding a button while watching a movie. It does not hurt your game experience in any way. I am not just gonna sit there and stare at a my self spam flame wave for 5 hours. If you don't wanna hold a button and watch a movie, that's your choice and it does not mean that someone should be banned for not following your OPINION.

    Name calling doesnt make your argument valid. Yes so you watch a movie for 5 hours while holding down said button. Yes I'm sure you are there 100% of the time. What server are you on? I guess you wouldnt mind if I checked up on you now and then and report you if you are afk farming and dont reply? You dont need to reply for sure thats your choice. But expect to be reported when you dont. Like everyone else I report for unattended gameplay.

    So yeah. Keep thinking what you are doing is legit. Gonna enjoy the next post you do asking why you are trade banned all of the sudden.

    go cry more you whiny little babies. If you think me holding a button is botting, you are in the wrong genre of games.
    Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Posts: 93
    Member
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    go cry more you whiny little babies. If you think me holding a button is botting, you are in the wrong genre of games.
    Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!

    Not only you gonna get banned in game, because AFK macro farming is an offense ,but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them !

    False report is when you report people out of spite and accuse them of something they didn't guilty off . AFK macro farming is offense and no one gonna get reprehended for reporting ppls like you who obviously abuse it to massive extend !

    I really hope you're one of EU macro afkers cuz I have general idea where most of you abuse this exploit over night .
    HowlyeDragonicWolfMeso_Man
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited 3:39PM November 20, 2018
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    go cry more you whiny little babies. If you think me holding a button is botting, you are in the wrong genre of games.
    Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!

    Not only you gonna get banned in game, because AFK macro farming is an offense ,but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them !

    False report is when you report people out of spite and accuse them of something they didn't guilty off . AFK macro farming is offense and no one gonna get reprehended for reporting ppls like you who obviously abuse it to massive extend !

    I really hope you're one of EU macro afkers cuz I have general idea where most of you abuse this exploit over night .

    Holding a button and looking away is not reportable, so again, you are inciting false reports. Which will hurt more people than just you if they believe you. So how about stop trying to get yourself and people who dont read the TOU banned.

    Also again, you can only attack for about 20-30 seconds holding down the button before it makes you stop. Go and try it. Works with keyboard and controller.
    That is if you havent been banned for false reports yet.

    And i don't care, report me all you want, people believing you and starting to false report is way worse than being restricted on a forum. RIP those poor souls that will get punished for false report because someone doesn't reply to a whisper while farming.
  • BananaCatBananaCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited 3:54PM November 20, 2018
    What i was seeing in game was more then just holding down a button. They were not swinging or casting non stop. They would sit still. Enemies would spawn and then they would attack em and go back to being still.

    None of my macros work like that... Even if I were to put a rock on keyboard they would not sense enemies around me. It is like they have a script running or bot program that senses when a enemy spawns. Always see high level players afk farming overnight in a "Certain spot". Killing the same 8 mobs over and over again.

    In most games I have played AFK farming scripts were a bannable offense. Any type of third party macro is usually ban worthy. Whether it be a program or a piece of hardware.

    I would not risk it. Playing with fire doing this. Nexon is slow at bans. That does not mean you won't eat that ban hammer though at a later date.. They have always been a bit sneaky that way.

    *edited to remove name of script farming spot
    Meso_Man
  • IWALY69IWALY69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,195
    Posts: 93
    Member
    edited 5:40PM November 20, 2018
    NiamhNyx wrote: »

    bunch of crap he wrote ..

    You are so delusional and stupid that it's pointless to even argue or explain simple things to you. I'm just gonna ignore you from now on because all you spew is false information and toxicity .

    And again NO ! You can press button for hours and nothing will stop, where you get that dumb idea that attack stop after 30 sec? THEY DON'T !

    Do you seriously need someone to make video so you would believe in things ?

    Can't witch hunt but there's a certain clan on EU known as DX that has few of their members exploiting AFK macro farming in Lion's Gate, needless to say it's gonna be fun to see them banned from game. (O yea they are doing it on main accounts that got 30+ prestige XD)

  • EcchiOtakuTMEcchiOtakuTM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    Posts: 158
    Member
    edited 6:20PM November 20, 2018
    Because it's not like you can get weapon skins from fishing right
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    Yes because you can auto gather crops for 24h straight , yes cuz you get items that can be sold for massive profit from fishing and specially music !

    OMG Do you even know difference ?

    Props to them for getting reported and eventually banned.

    Of course we are all jealous because us stupid people play game as it meant to be played while this others use exploits to play game while they have "real" life.

    Ooo the Jealousy !

    .... Maybe you're plain ignorant but I'll explain it to you.

    You fish, still with me there big guy? You get a weapon skin, still there? You sell it for even more than anything else in the game except epic pets.

    Wow it's like you can't afk and do that to gain more. But no point in telling you this because you want no one to prove you wrong just because you're upset you can't do it.

    And before you say some "but but you said" I gave examples of automated systems one of which makes the most money compared to musical donations or gathering for lifeskills. But hey whatever suits your narrative. Next up we should ban all those who've ever done auto gathering, fishing or music, next up anyone who uses hot keys. "Hey player we noticed you've been using this button for too long"
    -ban-.

    Heck what's stopping people from using a total of two held down buttons tbh? Since you're so absolutely right you at least have a counter measure for that right?
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 307
    Member
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    go cry more you whiny little babies. If you think me holding a button is botting, you are in the wrong genre of games.
    Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!

    Not only you gonna get banned in game, because AFK macro farming is an offense ,but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them !

    False report is when you report people out of spite and accuse them of something they didn't guilty off . AFK macro farming is offense and no one gonna get reprehended for reporting ppls like you who obviously abuse it to massive extend !

    I really hope you're one of EU macro afkers cuz I have general idea where most of you abuse this exploit over night .

    The irony when he writes "but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them ! " when most of his posts are attacking and insulting other posters.
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    MochiAi wrote: »
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    go cry more you whiny little babies. If you think me holding a button is botting, you are in the wrong genre of games.
    Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!

    Not only you gonna get banned in game, because AFK macro farming is an offense ,but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them !

    False report is when you report people out of spite and accuse them of something they didn't guilty off . AFK macro farming is offense and no one gonna get reprehended for reporting ppls like you who obviously abuse it to massive extend !

    I really hope you're one of EU macro afkers cuz I have general idea where most of you abuse this exploit over night .

    The irony when he writes "but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them ! " when most of his posts are attacking and insulting other posters.

    I would suggest you actually read before you comment next time MochiAi.
    "Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!"
    Where in this sentence did I say "but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them ! "
    Since you seem to not understand, why don't I explain it so you can.
    False reports in game will get you punished. Reporting people for not responding to a /w because they are not paying attention (Watching a Movie, focusing on farming, focusing on a combo chain, etc etc) is not a valid report, thus it will be considered a false report. To many false reports will get Waly himself banned, and he will cry about it on the forums once he figures it out.

    Also, Waly, for some proof of what I have said multiple times in this thread.


    It is quite low quality because I'm sick and I have no drive to make a quality video just to prove you wrong.
    Ready to admit that this is not botting? Or is me holding the button (for the 25-30 second limit) and then repressing it while watching a movie still magically become the definition of botting in your mind?
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    Now this ain't bots ! Bots that run around controlled by 3rd party program !

    These are players who usually put Priest in High Dens monster area with quick spawn and Macro most of their spells on key like Space , put something on it and gone away from PC.

    I play on EU and I found most of these peoples in Lion's Gate , cuz high density of monsters and quick spawn they leave Priest at 1 spot and Exploit macro to AFK farm Potion Solvents , as well mesos and XP!

    As this is IN GAME Feature and not use of 3rd party program it's exploited but Will you please ban everyone who do this and accounts they transfer mesos and other items to!

    Thanks !

    Just an FYI even if you put something on your space bar or whatever your "attack" key is set to, after 100 or 150 attacks it stops automatically and makes you have to move your character before allowing you to attack again. This was the same method they used in Ms1. So the way you think it works is incorrect. If you've seen people like that chances are they are also using 3rd party programs because just jamming your key down won't work. Unless you can find an optimal corner to hold your move key + attack which I can't see that being worth anything anyway.
    Meso_Man
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 307
    Member
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    I would suggest you actually read before you comment next time MochiAi.
    "Also i cant wait for you two to be crying in the forums over being banned for false reports. I cant wait. It will be glorious!"
    Where in this sentence did I say "but you gonna earn yourself couple of reports on forums as well for attacking others and insulting them ! "
    Since you seem to not understand, why don't I explain it so you can.
    False reports in game will get you punished. Reporting people for not responding to a /w because they are not paying attention (Watching a Movie, focusing on farming, focusing on a combo chain, etc etc) is not a valid report, thus it will be considered a false report. To many false reports will get Waly himself banned, and he will cry about it on the forums once he figures it out.

    Uuuuh... I think you are the one who should be reading before commenting.
    That quote was of IWALY's
    So yeah. Take your own advise and read please.
    Meso_Man
  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    edited 1:54AM November 27, 2018
    your obviously high cause it does stop, the attack limit is set to 100 attacks before force stopping and making you HAVE to move before continuing it's been like that SINCE MS1. You can even test it yourself so I don't see how your going to trash talk others on "playing the game more" when your completely wrong here...I mean just go jump on your char. Don't move and just hold your attack key. See if within the next 60 seconds you don't just stop attacking completely.

    Please stop trolling guy...Literally everyone knows attacks cap if your standing still. You can literally jump on the game and just test it out yourself. So, I've also seen you getting a tad aggressive and rowdy when people are telling you pure facts that are easy to test yourself before getting outrageous. In which case I will be reporting you because of your words towards some members and also your here in general forums just trolling or seriously assuming that everyone else is lying to you.

    IWALY69 wrote: »
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    IWALY69 wrote: »
    NiamhNyx wrote: »

    bunch of crap he wrote ..

    You are so delusional and stupid that it's pointless to even argue or explain simple things to you. I'm just gonna ignore you from now on because all you spew is false information and toxicity .

    And again NO ! You can press button for hours and nothing will stop, where you get that dumb idea that attack stop after 30 sec? THEY DON'T !

    Do you seriously need someone to make video so you would believe in things ?

    Can't witch hunt but there's a certain clan on EU known as DX that has few of their members exploiting AFK macro farming in Lion's Gate, needless to say it's gonna be fun to see them banned from game. (O yea they are doing it on main accounts that got 30+ prestige XD)

  • VisualFxxVisualFxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 111
    Member
    NiamhNyx wrote: »
    Right, because i should be banned for watching movies while farming. Go complain about something else please.

    Yes you should, happy that you understand. I guess botting is only a problem when others do it, right? But its ok when you can justify yourself doing it?

    You sir are another one. Botting is not sitting at your desk watching a movie while pressing buttons. That is in NO WAY even close to the definition of "botting" as if your active at your keyboard and not using third party to press macros for you then it's not a bot. Regardless if I'm watching my chat/whispers or NOT. Also I have my whispers turned off in my chat so how does that work for people who have most of the chat turned off except for guild/world chat? Oh yeah...It doesn't :)
  • NiamhNyxNiamhNyx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited 2:33AM November 27, 2018
    MochiAi wrote: »
    Uuuuh... I think you are the one who should be reading before commenting.
    That quote was of IWALY's
    So yeah. Take your own advise and read please.

    The way you spoke it looked as if you were replying to him about his reply to me. Probably just the format of quotes causing multiple levels of "WTF" chat i guess.

    VisualFxx wrote: »
    your obviously high cause it does stop, the attack limit is set to 100 attacks before force stopping and making you HAVE to move before continuing it's been like that SINCE MS1. You can even test it yourself so I don't see how your going to trash talk others on "playing the game more" when your completely wrong here...I mean just go jump on your char. Don't move and just hold your attack key. See if within the next 60 seconds you don't just stop attacking completely.

    Please stop trolling guy...Literally everyone knows attacks cap if your standing still. You can literally jump on the game and just test it out yourself. So, I've also seen you getting a tad aggressive and rowdy when people are telling you pure facts that are easy to test yourself before getting outrageous. In which case I will be reporting you because of your words towards some members and also your here in general forums just trolling or seriously assuming that everyone else is lying to you.

    I even put up a video for proof for him, maybe he will see the facts after that.
  • thdthd
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    Posts: 205
    Member
    Thanks you for the tip. I will use this method to farm solvents from now on.
    Meso_ManEcchiOtakuTM