Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Life Skill (minor and end-game ideas) (UPDATED)

FakeKoreanFakeKorean
MapleStory 2 Rep: 460
edited 2:50AM November 20, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hello Nexon and fellow Maplers,

I have not maxed out my Gathering Life Skills yet, but I'm getting close now and I've noticed a few things that may enhance the experience of players who enjoy gathering and crafting. I'm not sure if some of these were implemented in KMS2, but please feel free to lend me your insight! ^^

MINOR CHANGE SUGGESTIONS

1. Allowing us to see the success rate just 1m beyond the node we are able to gather from (This only applies to Farming and Ranching, which are in house only)

I believe this will make gathering go a lot more smoothly and will be better than having the menu up to maximize your time spent gathering, especially when using a consumable that increases your gathering gain.

2. Allow us to see how close we are to our daily crafting limit

Some of us may gather and craft daily, while others may only gather daily and craft weekly. In any case, allowing us to see if we will hit the limit might be helpful, especially for those that craft weekly.

3. Others may have posted about this, but I've only come across @MidnightNya's post about how time consuming Life Skills can be the higher your rank is. I like the faster gathering for lower ranked nodes. On that thread @Henryetha mentioned indicating how many resources are left in the nodes is a great idea!

4. When the gathering node is at a "low" success rate and on its final drop, it would be really nice if you could maybe increase that chance a little. I've gathered from these types of nodes (while standing in the middle of 4 nodes) countless times and had to hit gather more than 10 or 20 times before it finally drops its last one. It would really save a lot of time. I think a simple solution would be to remove the chance from gathering altogether. I think our greatest problem with gathering is the chance to gather something. I honestly don't mind spending time gathering, but when that time is extended while using a gathering consumable it starts to feel like more of a chore.

**I also wish that the lower ranked gathering nodes gave mastery like the lower ranked crafting recipes gave mastery. When I hit rank 13 on my crafting my gathering skills were still only at rank 8 and 9**

**There seems to be an issue with the Gathering success rates not updating when the Life Skills window is open**

**@Tools mentioned bulk crafting would be a good idea. I think so too, but at some sort of cost. Hopefully not merets or vouchers, but I think it would save everyone a lot of time.**

END-GAME SUGGESTIONS

5. Give gathering/crafting dailies for special currency

I know there are daily missions that sometimes require gathering or crafting to complete, but if players get the chance to do a daily quest specifically for gathering/crafting that also offers some special currency, which you can later use to buy recipes for gear (epic, even legendary, and eventually ascendant), potions or elixirs that can also be traded or sold on the black market. This system works well in World of Warcraft. I find it to be very rewarding and I'm sure many others will too. Players can also earn mesos from their time spent crafting.

6. Give us a chance for crafting recipes to drop from gathering nodes, non-boss mobs, and bosses

This ties into the previous suggestion and will give a chance for players to earn mesos from actually crafting the item or just selling recipes on the black market. I was thinking the recipes that drop could be for gear (epic, legendary, and possibly even ascendant). Obviously, this will be at a very low rate (.01% or even lower) from non-boss mobs and gathering nodes, but at a higher rate (1% or 0.1% or somewhere in between) for bosses and at an even lower rate the higher quality you go up. I think this will give players who have invested time into Life Skills a chance to earn a lot of mesos, but also help other players get geared if they have the resources to do so.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS

7. Allow us to sell crafting materials on the black market

This is something that is done commonly in World of Warcraft and allows players to earn mesos in another way, which I believe are quite scarce right now unless you are buying mesos or it could just be me haha. I understand that there is the problem of bots, but I'm not sure how active the GMS2 team is on that matter.

Please leave your thoughts in the comments!
ToolsDanDKVerlo

Comments

• ToolsTools
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    edited 11:18PM November 15, 2018
    2. Allow us to see how close we are to our daily crafting limit

There's none. 1,000 Daily crafting limit is a typo in-game.
    because its "per Specified craft" so you can stack up as many as you want and craft up to 1000 per specified crafts.

5. Allow us to sell crafting materials on the black market

this might not happen because life skills for Gathering /Crafting ranks aren't account-wide. so it would be a big big big advantage to craftings if they allow crafting material to be sold on the black market so no.

add this to your list as well

Allow batch crafting instead of crafting items 1 by 1, they should make it so you can craft x10 / x100 / x200 / x500 in just 1 go.
    instead of waiting up to 1minute just to craft 120-150 items

and like over 5 minutes to craft 500-600 items
    DanDKVerloZintackremsFakeKorean
  • TendiezuTendiezu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,095
    I'd prefer not to have life skill ingredients on the market because then rich players can just buy up all the cheap ingredients and max their crafting. I also doubt crafting ingredients are going to cost much so there's not much point in doing this.

Having rare crafting recipes that bind to your account would be amazing though.

The main thing I want to see changed is you should gather low level ingredients a lot faster if you have high leveled gathering, same applies to crafting.
    DanDKFakeKorean
  • LilyXSLilyXS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,125
    Tendiezu wrote: »
    I'd prefer not to have life skill ingredients on the market because then rich players can just buy up all the cheap ingredients and max their crafting. I also doubt crafting ingredients are going to cost much so there's not much point in doing this.

Having rare crafting recipes that bind to your account would be amazing though.

The main thing I want to see changed is you should gather low level ingredients a lot faster if you have high leveled gathering, same applies to crafting.

So why do you have a problem with "rich people" buying up material to level their crafting? Currently there is no real benefit to maxing your crafting and even if they do add better crafting recipes I personally still don't see a problem with letting people buy their way to max crafting because if they want to get high level materials for free they would still need to grind their way up through gathering. Otherwise they are stuck spending more money on the black market which helps other not so rich players get a little money.

Also I could see each piece of crafting material depending on the things it can be used to craft, going for at least 1k each since there is a limited amount collect-able per day and the higher collection requirement would only inflate that amount.
    AbsolutelyNot
  • VerloVerlo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,000
    OMG Yes. I really like many of these suggestions! please nexon! removing rng success chance and batch crafting is paramount please!
    remsFakeKorean
  • remsrems
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Sometimes it takes 10+ attempts to get the last one from the 4 nodes that's 1/40 chance or 2.5% it's just a waste of time!
    Frankly feels like an insult and ads to the 2nd job feeling of the game!
    FakeKorean
  • FakeKoreanFakeKorean
    edited 9:44PM November 19, 2018
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll make a repost soon!
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,875
    Gathering fails need to go as I fail to see any actual purpose on it since it doesn't even waste much time at all.
    FakeKoreanrems
  • FakeKoreanFakeKorean
  • remsrems
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    We're showing up for the gathering! Do not fail us!