Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ultimate DPS SKILL TREES for wiz

ChuChicaChuChica
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
edited 7:46PM November 15, 2018 in Wizard
fire focused dps
hocyHsU.jpgjpg

I'll explain a bit about these abilities, there are ones you need to max in order for best DPS output and the ones you can be flexible with.

You must max these abilities:
62EVMl7.png (this will be your main DPS source in this build)
SdBe98a.png
Ez8cfhw.png
i dont think we need explaination for these lol, fire tree has best damage stats, statistics doesnt lie xD.

ULGfBOT.png GVZDSDs.jpg
these ones don't belong to fire tree, but they're one of the hardest hitter skills, so u need to max at least one of them for a DPS build :), max Ice storm if you prefer a higher DPS with a bit longer casting time and shorter cooldown.. max Thunderbolt if you like being in savage PVP map, this skill has really short casting time, which is very good in PVP.
don't put 5 in each because this will lead to ineffective spirits consumption xD (don't forget u can still blast flame waves to DPS whenever u have cooldown on big damage skills).. so you want to choose and max one of these 2 and ignore the other branch

BWDA3wm.png
10% fire/ice/electric damage, yes plz xD (max it as soon as ur lv61 too)

These abilities you don't need to max, but they can be important for certain playstyle, however, you'll need to choose one of these and max them, your choice will depend on your playstyle:

CJHFBIx.png
if you have some extra attack speed from gear or if u don't want to drain out spirit too often (some ppl prefer doing that so they can cast big damage spells asap), definitely max this one, because your flame wave will drain out spirit pretty fast, you'll have to DPS with this ability until your spirit comes back up.
Some ppl may say wiz doesn't need attack speed.. well I'm one of those weirdos, so I like this ability XD. Also, some ppl have for eg a belt with max piercing + some attack speed, that's how you might end up with 110% attack speed.. long story short if you have attack speed, max this :V
Some extra attack speed is not bad but donot go for a full attack speed build on your gear XD.. for wiz I wouldn't recommend having more than 110% attack speed

c113tI3.png
this is an interesting ability XD.. this one stuns everything it hits, but NOT in official PVP mode (again, this hasn't come out yet).. basically it's like a knight's spin stun, except its range XD. you'll want to max this if you're often in savage PVP maps and like to make other people's life harder lol.
Also you can't ignore this ability IMO because you'll need this one for killing adds with fire shield in epic raids, put at least 1 point in it so you can kill them.

9KBqjPk.png
if you're a team player and you want your team to do best DPS possible, definitely max this ability, if not well.. its not a must have xD... you can also be flexible and balance this one with magic claw out, but the less magic claw u have, the less DPS you'll have, but don't worry, its not big of a different.
With lvl1 magic claw and lvl10 Focus Seal, I do about 5k-10k DPS less than lvl10 magic claw and lvl1 focus seal.

Since you can still reset skill points for no cost, I normally max magic claw whenever I'm playing alone and switch to max focus/ice spear when I'm in raids for eg, to get the most out of the game.

also, I want to address this skill
eUuIAcr.png
this skill doesn't make you a badass tank, but it can save your cute little squishy life xD (in savage PVP maps for eg) xD. You want to activate it at the right time to escape sticky situation and then quickly teleport away from enemies
you don't need to max it because its really not an effective ability, wiz have teleports for a reason.. don't take hits xD

dps for official PVP (not available yet)
ghalpNc.jpg
it's a sad truth lol, wiz doesn't have any advantage in real PVP.. we're actually one of the worst class in official PVP XD.. our abilities won't affect anyone in any case, it won't slow, won't stun, it just DPS, and because of that, you want the best single target DPS possible, max mana claw
but IMO, wiz isn't really a class for PVP xD.. if it's not effective, I wouldn't do it lol

hard hitter elemental skills focused DPS (not recommended for after awaken, you'll need to max out either fire and focus seal/elemental master or ice/storm and focus seal/elemental master)
zdBoY1l.jpg

Noticeable things about this build:
- This is the one build where you'll do most dps, you'll need to hold down magic claw alot for this because you'll be casting this skill a lot, to save up spirit for the big damage abilities, which are Ice Storm, Tornado, and Thunderbolt, these abilities will be your main DPS source. Whenever your spirit is close to 100%, hold down flame wave macro to do the best possible DPS

- This skill tree has a lot of DPS (about 20k-25k more DPS than the one above with my gear), but you shouldn't build your gear with fire/ice/electric damage attributes with you have this build.. because it only boost specific type of damage, while you constantly use all types of elemental.. just build with piercing/magic piercing/boss damage or piercing/crit damage/boss damage you'll be fine

- Whenever you have extra skill points, invest in Elemental Master first, then Focus Seal
jime

Comments

• remsrems
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    edited 3:04PM November 15, 2018
    There's an issue with your suggestion for PvE: you want to max fire spells and passives because you want to be casting fire all the time until you run out of mana at which point you cast mana free spells until you're back up to start casting fire again so you want to cast claw and blast when oom and nothing else so you want to take those points in ice and electric and spend them in the buffs, claw and blast for max dps output.
    Also I hear there's animation cancelling with the macros so you want to set up 3 macros 1flame wave alone 2tornado+claw+blast 3claw+blast and only use those with your buff on another key.
    NewMoonRising
  • ChuChicaChuChica
    rems wrote: »
    There's an issue with your suggestion for PvE: you want to max fire spells and passives because you want to be casting fire all the time until you run out of mana at which point you cast mana free spells until you're back up to start casting fire again so you want to cast claw and blast when oom and nothing else so you want to take those points in ice and electric and spend them in the buffs, claw and blast for max dps output.
    Also I hear there's animation cancelling with the macros so you want to set up 3 macros 1flame wave alone 2tornado+claw+blast 3claw+blast and only use those with your buff on another key.

I tested them all out dw :), the one with the fire passive not maxed is because I realized if I'm gunna use the other skills as soon as they're cooled down (the ice storm cool down pretty fast in comparison to tornado and the bolt), i won't have enough spirits for flame waves that often, thus ill be using magic claw a lot, that's why I sacrificed 6% fire damage into flame wave and magic claw since i use them way more than the rest of the skills due to spirit lack (i prioritized flame wave over magic claw because thus spirit lag, it still does a lot more damage as well as having higher attack speed.

but i would suggest just go for the fire focus DPS build lol.. because there really not much of a difference between the 2.. besides in a boss fight, if u make mistakes and miss a hit or two sometimes, ur DPS will go down more or less anyway... long story short, its too much effort for just a small improvement with a higher chance of failing in hits and timing spirits usage.
  • remsrems
    I'm talking about your "fire focused dps" build.
    In PvE you're casting flame wave most of the time in macro stop cast style.
    I don't think you want to stop casting flame wave for anything else besides tornado or claw when oom.
    That 1016%/16s=63.5%/s from thunder bolt will never beat that 292%+39%/s=331%/s from flame wave and that's before you take into account the macro stop casting which makes flame wave's effective cd drop down to 0.5s or close to 662%/s in other words more than 10x as powerful as that meager 63.5%/s
    In your build you also remove 9 points from focus seal which is a straight up loss of 5.4% m.att buff that applies to all your dmg output.
    I don't have a single dummy to test this out properly even including the repositioning required with macro stop casting but we're talking about at least 30% total dmg output difference here I think with pure fire and mana free spells.
  • ChuChicaChuChica
    edited 9:51AM November 16, 2018
    rems wrote: »
    I'm talking about your "fire focused dps" build.
    In PvE you're casting flame wave most of the time in macro stop cast style.
    I don't think you want to stop casting flame wave for anything else besides tornado or claw when oom.
    That 1016%/16s=63.5%/s from thunder bolt will never beat that 292%+39%/s=331%/s from flame wave and that's before you take into account the macro stop casting which makes flame wave's effective cd drop down to 0.5s or close to 662%/s in other words more than 10x as powerful as that meager 63.5%/s
    In your build you also remove 9 points from focus seal which is a straight up loss of 5.4% m.att buff that applies to all your dmg output.
    I don't have a single dummy to test this out properly even including the repositioning required with macro stop casting but we're talking about at least 30% total dmg output difference here I think with pure fire and mana free spells.

huh but the fire focus tree have everything fire related maxed? xD. and flamewave cost 20spirit, while ice storm for eg cost 30 spirit for alot more damage, thats more damage efficiency on spirit, so it would actually increase dps, i tested everything dw haha
  • ChuChicaChuChica
    and magic attack doesnt equal damage output either, if you open up advance view in your character window, it will shows that you'll have around 280 magic attack (thats the case for me) so basically, that 5.4% buff of 280 is equal less than 10 value XD.. it would barely make it over 300 lol, while sacrificing those points for other skills, give you at least 20% damage addition on that specific skill
  • remsrems
    I'm not saying you did not max anything in the fire tree I'm saying you did not max focus seal in your fire build.
    Yes it's only 5.4% and even less if you have someone else casting it so that you can still benefit from the buff.
    It is more about you casting something else other than wave/tornado/claw/(blast in some situations when oom and claw does not reach ie:fd holes) which are the most effective in dps and casting anything else would gimp your dmg.
    Which is why you in any case just max focus seal for that extra 5.4 or 2.3% and put the rest in blast that you won't cast that often in the end but which will be part of the oom rotation!
  • ChaoticHawkChaoticHawk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    The elemental build is interesting... have you tried it in Chaos Raids? And how much was your total dmg?
  • NewMoonRisingNewMoonRising
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Thanks for the help with my build ^^
    ChuChica
  • ChuChicaChuChica
    The elemental build is interesting... have you tried it in Chaos Raids? And how much was your total dmg?

I got like 40-60m in chaos raid (alot more if I have to kill adds lul), but with the fire focus build tho.. when it comes to chaos raid, it depends alot on ur gear xD.. ive never tried the elemental build on anything besides boss dummies XD...I guess it should be like a bit more dps if I perform perfectly.

but tbh, i wouldn't recommend this build for anyone LUL. It is kinda fun to have different elemental skills and to do a slight bit more dps in exchange for a bit effort, but it is in the long-term gonna be a waste of skill points because, after the awakening update, u'll have to choose either only fire or ice/lightning, u wont have enough for both

fire imo has more advantage, not only because u have more dps but also u have more extra skill points u can utilize to max out other stuffs (because it is only essential to max one fire tree lul)
    ice/lighting has more cc, and spells cast alot faster (some are even almost instant cast), these things are good in savage PVP maps :D.

if ur more interested in what happens after the awaken, i found a post on this forum awhile ago... dont remmember the link sorry T.T... but im sure u can find these infos somewhere lul, its not hard.