Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Wizard macro question

FrenkzFrenkz
MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
in Wizard
Hello guys! thanks for reading this :-D! So just reached 50 wiz and read about the class a lot. I did the macro to speed up flame wave and it works well. The only thing that annoys me is that by pressing a directionnal key with it my wizard move instead of staying put.

Is there any gimmick to fix that? Kinda want my FD runs to be quick and steady in my little beloved bugged corners XD.

Comments

• FeyriellFeyriell
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Macro magic claw and flame wave together. It’s the same dps, you don’t need to manage spirit and no movement problem.
  • ChuChicaChuChica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    Feyriell wrote: »
    Macro magic claw and flame wave together. It’s the same dps, you don’t need to manage spirit and no movement problem.

but you'll do less dps that way, the attack speed of magic claw is alot slower in macro than for flame wave
  • ChuChicaChuChica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    this won't fix it 100% but my mage barely has unwanted movement this way...
    hold down magic claw's quickslot and the macro for flame wave at the same time, when you run out of spirit, lift the flame wave macro up, magic claw casting will prevent u from moving forward immediately (normally when u run out of spirit while holding down flame wave macro, you'll move forward, this prevents it). when your spirit goes back up, u can hold down flame macro again, or cast other skills as they cool down

but u basically always hold down magic claw quickslot to prevent moving when ur out of spirits xD
  • remsrems
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    I still move between every spell casts a little bit at a time, quite annoying!
  • BoomBipBoomBip
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Yea this has been the only thing that annoys me about the flame wave macro
  • piyo_niipiyo_nii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    I have the same issue. I don't know about a perfect fix, but I have two different macros: one just for Flame Wave, and the other for Tornado + Magic Claw + Flame Wave. If I need to stay put for any reason, I switch to the latter because Magic Claw will keep you still. You can remove Tornado and just do MClaw + Wave, too. I put it there because I'm lazy, lmao. Wave + Claw macro also doesn't destroy your spirit bar, so you can resort to that whenever you're low/empty.

tldr; I just do a rotation of pure Wave for DPS, then switch to Claw + Wave if I need to conserve spirit/stay still!
  • Doc_HolidayDoc_Holiday
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    edited 9:02AM November 29, 2018
    Feyriell wrote: »

Do NOT do this, it will wreck your DPS... Macro flamewave by itself and hit it a directional key at same time, it will animation cancel and significantly increase your damage output. You will move slightly, it is something you just need to get used to and account for with positioning. If you manage to stack some attack speed gear it will decrease the amount you move when using the macro as your nearly constantly casting wave and move a nearly unnoticeable distance. Once you're out of SP, then, and only then, start casting claws to to regen SP.
    Acherons
  • MynameisAlfieriMynameisAlfieri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    You attack faster with it macroed only one holding a direction key. This means its animation canceling it to a small degree, letting you cast again faster. The character movement is sorta what makes the animation cancel so there is no way around it unless you want to cast slower.