Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

We need a raid finder

Amelia20Amelia20
MapleStory 2 Rep: 470
edited 9:51AM November 17, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
At present find a group for the new raid dungeons is almost impossible most of the groups are created for english speakers and require discord so a portion of the comunity who plays in NA because SA is too lagy thanks to the server is hosted in Brazil cant play there and we dont speak english so its pointless enter a discord group with english speakers, a solution no only for this part of the comunity is create a raid finder as the most popular mmos have, please consider this.
ShenRyujinDefraglifeOneConfusedMilletian

Comments

• WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    I posted this somewhere else already, but raid finder is hard to do because 1 , you might not get queue with a knight or priest , even if they do , now you need a hg or rb to do adds. 2 , if you queue up and get 1 or 2 really badly gear person , would you have the motivation to stay?
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • BladeSoul69BladeSoul69
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,315
    No, don't let the bots in raids (not that they could do it)
  • ZhejZhej
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    We don't want a raid finder because then it's gonna be more aids.

The problem is Bonus Attack as well as hidden bonus attack in epic pets and bonus attack is super broken that it multiplies your damage in chaos raids by like 500%
  • ShenRyujinShenRyujin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
    edited 6:22PM November 17, 2018
    i really dont understand the point in ppl against raid finder since ppl still have the option to recruit a party by making one, if u dont want to use it then dont use it. the difference now is that ppl who dont have a big group can search more easily and some ppl wont feel incentive to buy runs which ppl shouldnt at all in the first place.
  • remsrems
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Zhej wrote: »
    We don't want a raid finder because then it's gonna be more aids.

The problem is Bonus Attack as well as hidden bonus attack in epic pets and bonus attack is super broken that it multiplies your damage in chaos raids by like 500%

You got to stop spamming that pet theory of yours in all the topics you see about raids, that guy got a 30%dmg increase just from that change from 90 to 96acc with the same pet, no one is getting a 500%dmg increase by switching over to an epic pet of the same level as anything lower grade.
    Just stop.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Sure as long as its not like the dumpster fire raid finder in WoW.This will just fuel the crying post that i can troll/laugh at.
  • Amelia20Amelia20
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 470
    Sure as long as its not like the dumpster fire raid finder in WoW.This will just fuel the crying post that i can troll/laugh at.

I don´t know waht are you talinkg about, this is a real issue, has thought about how should be in Europe? this just an option for players as ShenRyujin say, you can use it or no, so if at the end of the day this game end with only 3000 weeaboos online at much do not complain. Personally i wil quit in holydays anyways.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    edited 2:51PM November 18, 2018
    Amelia20 wrote: »

I don´t know waht are you talinkg about, this is a real issue, has thought about how should be in Europe? this just an option for players as ShenRyujin say, you can use it or no, so if at the end of the day this game end with only 3000 weeaboos online at much do not complain. Personally i wil quit in holydays anyways.

World of Warcraft has looking for raid AKA LFR which queues for raid but it's so dumb down that you can clear it while watching YouTube or eating dinner. It's so much of a joke I got bored drove to the gas station came back home boss was dead and i did top dps. If they add a raid finder without touching the difficulty fine but every other game that has done this it becomes a massive dumpster fire fast which leads to more complaining and more crying for nerfs. Overall raids are not meant to be friendly pug content.
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Amelia20 wrote: »
    At present find a group for the new raid dungeons is almost impossible most of the groups are created for english speakers and require discord so a portion of the comunity who plays in NA because SA is too lagy thanks to the server is hosted in Brazil cant play there and we dont speak english so its pointless enter a discord group with english speakers, a solution no only for this part of the comunity is create a raid finder as the most popular mmos have, please consider this.

Hold on everyone, the main point of the post is the language barrier, not the raid finder itself. It's nearly impossible for someone who isn't fluent in English to find a party, much less voicechat over Discord.

@Amelia20, what language(s) do you speak? Do you think there are enough active players on your sever who speak your language to form a guild?

If not, maybe you can try getting in touch with @MarieChii of the NA West Casual Weenies guild. Their whole point is to be a laid-back guild which doesn't force its members to voice chat. If the guild leader is okay with it, maybe you and others in your situation can find a community there.
  • VerloVerlo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,000
    Maybe they need to tweak the party finder/looking for group tools to allow party leaders who put a request for members to be a bit more fine tweaked so we can better. I am a bit disappointed at the moment as the LFG/party finder/match making tool is not used by many due to bots for tronix which results in waiting someone to advertise using meret/vouchers on world/channel chat.... I would like a LFG chat function then.