Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

5 minutes that summed up my experience so far...

ErieErie
MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
edited 7:22PM November 15, 2018 in General Chat
Go into FD for the millionth time which already isn't appealing... but I need weapons for enchant fodder. A few minutes in I notice the skill I use for 'quick movement' has somehow been dragged or moved off my skill bar (because there is no bar lock that I can find)… I announce to my party what happened but keep going to continue helping with damage. I do end up dying but jump right back in the fight - mind you I'm +13 and more than had done my share. Right as the boss is about to die - yep I get kicked.

This game will be ghost town after the new-ness wears off.
ILLyasvirmirta000UlukiniBananaCatLemarsOneConfusedMilletian

Comments

• BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Yeah, community in this game is pretty garbage.
    GretaDanDKmirta000GarlicBreadErieSJTeamDximusVadaraAnOldGeezerUlukiniand 7 others.
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    edited 9:30PM November 15, 2018
    How about joining a guild, and/or making friends? This is a MMO. You dig your own grave by playing with randoms that might or might not be toxic and that's not Nexon's fault. But yeah if you refuse to to turn into an easy fix for this problem of yours, I'll just advice you to quit the game. As you said it's going to be a ''ghost town'' anyway, so why even bother playing anymore?
    Pkmdz
  • TexZeroTexZero
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Tsene wrote: »
    How about joining a guild, and/or making friends? This is a MMO. You dig your own grave by playing with randoms that might or might not be toxic and that's not Nexon's fault. But yeah if you refuse to to turn into an easy fix for this problem of yours, I'll just advice you to quit the game. As you said it's going to be a ''ghost town'' anyway, so why even bother playing anymore?

How about not being a white knight and actually noticing that what the person is complaining about is a legitimate concern.
    Kicking people who actively contributed during a run should never be a thing. Most modern games have griefing prevention built into their dungeons for this specific reason.
    ActualChabbyGretaDanDKAshleyTheNekomirta000ErieBeariieSibyllBluefenix24Ulukiniand 9 others.
  • DrakesBlueDrakesBlue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,330
    I try to make ridiculous requests in party finder like "FD 2.1k+ ONLY" just to subvert all the demands people make for such an easy fight.
    DanDKmirta000
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    then do that with your friends.
    Or solo it, every attack is really well signalled and the fight is really easy.
  • BeariieBeariie
    Point flew over some heads I see. Its not that they can or cant do it in a guild or with friends. Its the fact that the game has a kicking option in matchmaking that can be used to grief legitimate players. Its not healthy, which is why the game is going to be foreseeing a early closure. The game basically supports the most toxic part of the community and lets them get away with it.
    DanDKErieUlukini
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Hint for next time, you can quickly open your skill window and drag the skill back on. This is very possible in FD where you'll often have some grace periods and even safe spots, and spending two seconds to having the skill back on will make it a lot easier for you to contribute to the rest of the fight.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Beariie wrote: »
    Point flew over some heads I see. Its not that they can or cant do it in a guild or with friends. Its the fact that the game has a kicking option in matchmaking that can be used to grief legitimate players. Its not healthy, which is why the game is going to be foreseeing a early closure. The game basically supports the most toxic part of the community and lets them get away with it.

While I agree with your overall point and I think changing the kick timer to only function for like the first 3-5 minutes of a dungeon would be a decent start although theoretically people would just kick earlier, I would also argue to not immediately believe non verified information. What I mean is we have someone just telling us what happened, for all we know he could have burned all his rezes in the first 30 seconds of FD and just sat under a metal tombstone for the rest of the run... Just as circumstantial I have almost used dungeon finder exclusively for my hard mode runs having 2 chars close or above 4k, Ive never been kicked and Ive only ever had to vote kick(besides bots) one actual player who just went afk half way through FD.
  • ActualChabbyActualChabby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    edited 2:50AM November 16, 2018
    I think it would be a bit of a difficult problem to solve. I'm sorry you got kicked out of a dungeon that you worked to the near-end of. Maybe there could be something put in that disables kicking after a certain time according to the dungeon (like FD's timer score being at 7 minutes. eliminate kicking after 7 minutes?), or after the boss's health had gone down significantly. The only problem with that is...the people that would abuse it. "Oh yes, I'm going to be a great teammate, don't kick me. 7 minutes is up? Alright, time to afk. You can't kick me for it"; "The boss has 25% health left, I pulled my weight. Now it's time to sit back and let them carry me through the rest of it." Maybe there's a better solution to fix this that wouldn't create more ways for jerks to be jerks! I'm just throwing mine out there.

At least there's a vote-kick system requiring the entire rest of the party to vote to kick someone and not leaving it to a majority (a small group of friends could abuse that) or even giving the party leader full power to kick someone. I think the system that exists now isn't too bad. With kicking, at least...can't say much about the people that decide to ditch the party in the middle of it. How frustrating! What happened to you really sucks, Erie. These situations are (from my experience) uncommon and I hope you find many more decent parties. If you decide to continue with the game, that is. ;P

*By the way, I think saying "make friends" is ridiculous. Come on, a majority of people are antisocial and making friends isn't as simple as pressing a button. Said friends would also have to be online at the same time of you doing your runs. Maybe your schedules didn't line up that day.*
    Ulukini
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    NEXON IMPLEMENT FRIEND BUTTON NOW
    BigBlackKappaNihreualis
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    *By the way, I think saying "make friends" is ridiculous. Come on, a majority of people are antisocial and making friends isn't as simple as pressing a button.

Then why are you playing an MMO?
    You know that genre in which the contents are DESIGNED to be played with multiple people.
    Making friends in MMOs is very easy.
    You join a guild. Go into the discord/teamspeak of that guild and talk to the people.
    easy. now the only thing that is needed is a little time so you know each other better.
    Said friends would also have to be online at the same time of you doing your runs. Maybe your schedules didn't line up that day.*

then dont do it that day.
    you do not actually have to hit the dungeon limit.
    "but people will have an advantage over me"
    this is not a race.
    there is nothing at the end.
    you have an addiction and need professional help.
    this is no joke.
    if you cannot play this game without being bothered by inefficiency, non-perfect bonus attributes, the need to hit the dungeon limit, I recommend that you seek help.
  • AresiaAresia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    The players are responsible for the community NOT the company. There is a reason games from the late 90s and early 2000s were known to have better communities as a whole... lack of quality of life features and player accountability. You could not just join some queue and get placed with random players, you had to post in chat or use a guild in order to form groups. Players who were toxic were blacklisted and had a hard time getting groups. It is up to players as a whole to hold these toxic players accountable. Stop using the auto group finder and use the premade group system. As long as the toxic players can auto find groups they have no reason to change their behavior
    NahoMintyliciousBeariieMadokaMagicaLemarsOneConfusedMilletian
  • BeariieBeariie
    edited 6:35AM November 16, 2018
    Khalyk wrote: »

While I agree with your overall point and I think changing the kick timer to only function for like the first 3-5 minutes of a dungeon would be a decent start although theoretically people would just kick earlier, I would also argue to not immediately believe non verified information. What I mean is we have someone just telling us what happened, for all we know he could have burned all his rezes in the first 30 seconds of FD and just sat under a metal tombstone for the rest of the run... Just as circumstantial I have almost used dungeon finder exclusively for my hard mode runs having 2 chars close or above 4k, Ive never been kicked and Ive only ever had to vote kick(besides bots) one actual player who just went afk half way through FD.

No there shouldn't be a kick timer at all, nor a kick function. Whats the point when your still going to be 1 short throughout the dungeon. If someone is being dead weight, afk, or a bot, then you spot that at the start of the dungeon, message your fellow members and requeue together. Community interaction is required and would make for a much healthier experience. And whether its verified information or not, it happens so that doesn't matter. Its happened to me and its happened to many others.

If you want the power to moderate a party, then you make the party and recruit the members. Simple as that.
  • BigBlackKappaBigBlackKappa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    Kick button is good for all the bots and casuals who afk for whtever crap reason or fools who keep dying over n over with no more revives or the rtards/trolls. Kick em all an stop wasting time.
    Khalyk
  • BeariieBeariie
    Kick button is good for all the bots and casuals who afk for whtever crap reason or fools who keep dying over n over with no more revives or the rtards/trolls. Kick em all an stop wasting time.

So if someone hits the death cap its ok to kick them?
  • BigBlackKappaBigBlackKappa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905

Yup Im kicking em
  • PurrtyLuckyPurrtyLucky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    I block people that I notice abusing the kick feature. Hopefully nexon will make some changes so social outcast 15 year olds stop dragging down the community.
    ErieRyuna
  • BeariieBeariie

Yup Im kicking em

Part of the problem. That mindset
    MadokaMagicaErieActualChabbyRyunaGarlicBreadOneConfusedMilletianMeso_Man
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    Aresia wrote: »
    The players are responsible for the community NOT the company. There is a reason games from the late 90s and early 2000s were known to have better communities as a whole... lack of quality of life features and player accountability. You could not just join some queue and get placed with random players, you had to post in chat or use a guild in order to form groups. Players who were toxic were blacklisted and had a hard time getting groups. It is up to players as a whole to hold these toxic players accountable. Stop using the auto group finder and use the premade group system. As long as the toxic players can auto find groups they have no reason to change their behavior

I wish this was a thing now, the only game that I played before had that is gw2 and terra. Imagine fd queue being in perion or its surrounding fields.
    Beariie
  • ActualChabbyActualChabby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    Aresia wrote: »

I wish this was a thing now, the only game that I played before had that is gw2 and terra. Imagine fd queue being in perion or its surrounding fields.

Aw, yeah, I miss that. I loved the GW games. It would be awesome to have something like that.
    Beariie