Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

How Maplestory 2 actually IS Pay to Win

Comments

• DarkovaDarkova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Do you not see the flaw in your argument?

Yes, buying meso with real money is bad. However, your argument is that MS2 is built to use real money to gain advantage which is not true. Buying meso is being done outside the game.

If your argument is that Nexon isn't punishing meso buyers, that is a very different statement than claiming MS2 has P2W built into its design.
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    guess every mmorpg that has bots is p2w then
    KhalykKyuukeiHeimerdinger
  • RyunaRyuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,045
    With this logic technically EVERY MMO is P2W. I've said it before myself and knew that it is a stretch, however the company themselves aren't selling the gold/items/gear. There will ALWAYS be gold sellers/bots in MMOs trying to take advantage of it. It is an neverending struggle to get rid of them. You ban one of them and 50 more come out of the shadows.
  • maxsettingsmaxsettings
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    I've actually been thinking a lot about this myself. Thanks for at least trying to bring attention to it.

As you mention, the way the game is designed right now outright encourages players to either:

1. Buy mesos if they would like to stay at the forefront of the gearing treadmill.
    or,
    2. Invest considerable amounts of time into the game.

Not surprisingly, at some point it becomes more efficient, time-wise, to simply work a part-time job to fund your character rather than actually playing the game.

Being able to buy epic pets, buy B4 runs, buy hard and chaos dungeon runs, re-roll attributes, buy the materials needed to upgrade your gear—all of these things provide tangible advantages.

If the botting problem is to be truly solved, something must be done about the incentives that cause players to go out and buy mesos in the first place, so that the gold farmers have no one to sell to.

AnamiHeimerdinger
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    <sarcasm>This game is p2w , nexon lied to us </sarcasm>
  • DarkovaDarkova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    edited 6:20PM November 15, 2018
    The only true way to get rid of bots would be to eliminate all forms of trading. If everything is soul bound to your character/account the botters would have nothing to sell.

RMT transactions however, could still exist because people could communicate outside the game and use a service like paypal or something and still pay to be carried through content.

Problem with the first statement though, is that you are eliminating an aspect that is very important for MMOs. Besides Nexon improving aspects of the game, they need to be on the look out for people buying meso and whip out the ban hammer. There will always be someone with money willing to pay rather than play.
  • RalleYTNRalleYTN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    how most people I know actually get mesos:
    - do normal dungeons and sell the gear or dismantle them and get the onyx you need for enchantments or sell the onyx. with some luck you get a sellable epic.
    - farm some potion solvent and sell it.
    - go fishing and hope for the super rare skins that sell for 20 - 50 million.
    - use the money gained from the last few methods to buy some candy for taming and try to catch an epic pet which also sell for insane money.
    - do the get rich dailys
    - do the premium dungeons (you can get 14 days premium for free if you still have the 400 red merits we just got from nexon that weekend a few weeks ago)
    - be a friendly person and teach some new players how to do hard dungeons and ask them for donations (people are friendly if they are treated friendly)
    - you could also do some templates for UGC and sell them for meso (not through the ingame UGC shop but you give the other person the image file through discord or something and they give you the meso in-game (if you do this with strangers, prepare to get scammed))

your mistake:
    "I want everything but I don't want to work for it and I don't want to wait for it"

using these methods I made arround 100 million in 4 weeks altogether and I actually have a real job so my time was limited.
    KhalykBigBlackKappaDracoKamiPatrickNWishu
  • GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    Complaints, complaints, drama, complaints...
    KhalykBigBlackKappaKyuukeiSherriNaho
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Children's game still too hard for some people, special report at 11.
    BigBlackKappa
  • justasomeonejustasomeone
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 760
    I agree with everyone here, every time I look at one of these complaint threads it is always by the same person.. just quit the game already if you hate it that much. Nexon isn't forcing you to play this game, seems like you're forcing yourself to play this game.
    NahoBigBlackKappaKyuukeiDracoKamiPatrickN
  • DrakoKanDrakoKan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    Is a F2P game so if whant all fast and without any difficult pass to an MMO with a sub or a DOTA/ Battle Roayle or a Singel player RPG xD
    Every damn game now work like this, simple becouse the community of online mmorpg are completly changed past the age.
    Don't like the game right now, quit it and go on another, is pretty simple :D
    Im not defend Nexon or any company, becouse in the final fact, all is a point of Money thats all :D
    Just play to relax not to rage to be the best or whatever.... is a bunch of damn pixel lol :D
    I have tested every single damn MMORPG over the past 20 years, and i have see this post in every single F2P game xD
    So just play and relax thats all :D
  • AezariaAezaria
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    edited 4:22AM November 16, 2018
    Say what you want, but this thread has a point. Until the bot problem is solved, the most desperate players will buy illegal mesoes. Maybe unknowingly that it's illegal
    RalleYTN wrote: »
    how most people I know actually get mesos:
    - do normal dungeons and sell the gear or dismantle them and get the onyx you need for enchantments or sell the onyx. with some luck you get a sellable epic.
    - farm some potion solvent and sell it.
    - go fishing and hope for the super rare skins that sell for 20 - 50 million.
    - use the money gained from the last few methods to buy some candy for taming and try to catch an epic pet which also sell for insane money.
    - do the get rich dailys
    - do the premium dungeons (you can get 14 days premium for free if you still have the 400 red merits we just got from nexon that weekend a few weeks ago)
    - be a friendly person and teach some new players how to do hard dungeons and ask them for donations (people are friendly if they are treated friendly)
    - you could also do some templates for UGC and sell them for meso (not through the ingame UGC shop but you give the other person the image file through discord or something and they give you the meso in-game (if you do this with strangers, prepare to get scammed))

your mistake:
    "I want everything but I don't want to work for it and I don't want to wait for it"

using these methods I made arround 100 million in 4 weeks altogether and I actually have a real job so my time was limited.

Yes, but none of the activities you suggest beat meso buying in any way or form for players wanting to spend money, other than it being illegal. There will always be impatient players that feel like buying mesoes is the only way for them to get progress. Moreover, bots imbalance in-game economy. Obviously, this problem plagues nearly every MMO, but in MS2, it's especially evident at the moment. Bots are running rampant.

Nexon needs to crack down on bots hard and do it fast.
    DanDKMeso_ManHeimerdinger
  • AllestorAllestor
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    does it really matter lol , dont knock a person`s hustle at the end of the day its that players choice to buy those runs
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    the option to use real money is you buy mesos = you buy more rolls/ carries from other people lol

and yea they deserve it, but as you can see they aren't getting banned

this form of p2w is you are using real money to buy extreme amounts of in game currency to get as far ahead as u want

chaos onyx, onyx, and frags are all in BM and available to any meso buyer so he can cheese his GS and then buy run carries

That's not p2w that's straight up cheating
    KyuukeiSherriFlein
  • January28thJanuary28th
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    I didn’t know that I was paying real money when I send Mesos for dungeon runs.
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    P2W implies that the publisher of the game includes an "easy way out" to people via the ingame store selling weapons, exclusive buffs, etc. that affect the combat experience. This simply isn't the case in this game. Even if some of the people buying runs are in fact RMTing, if some people are genuinely saving for these bought runs, that is just them using the economy the way it is meant to be used. Who are you to tell people how to use their mesos? If people really want to shell out several million mesos on something they can do themselves, let them do it. Fool and money are soon parted.
  • AnamiAnami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    It's not pay2win.

It's basically cheating and exploiting, honestly nexon needs to ban bots more effectively and punish those that buy from gold bots. If you're going to excuse people who buy runs, you might as well excuse the people who make bots because at that point you're encouraging people to use a buying meso feature.
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Any mmo have gold seller , then according to your logic they are all p2w.

you are desperate to draw attention , your whole post have no meaning in the first place. we all know gold seller is an issue but it was not part of the games design
    Kyuukei
  • ColdTurkey01ColdTurkey01
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    the option to use real money is you buy mesos = you buy more rolls/ carries from other people lol

and yea they deserve it, but as you can see they aren't getting banned

this form of p2w is you are using real money to buy extreme amounts of in game currency to get as far ahead as u want

chaos onyx, onyx, and frags are all in BM and available to any meso buyer so he can cheese his GS and then buy run carries

So your problem lies within the gold sellers, NOT the game, so stop saying the game is p2w. Gold selling is illegal, I agree with that but blaming the game for a tertiary problem is not the right way because nexon has constantly said that they are working to ban these mesos seller accounts
    PatrickN
  • GaburiasuGaburiasu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 11:12AM November 16, 2018
    On paper, the opening post sounds like a conspiracy theorist, but in reality: games that have gold sellers becoming pay to win in that aspect. It's why gold selling exist in the first place.

It requires some out of the box thinking and it definitely does affect the game in general. In a vacuum, sure, call him a crazy desperate straw reaching conspiracy theorist though.