Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

How Maplestory 2 actually IS Pay to Win

HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
edited 11:51AM November 15, 2018 in General Chat
Problem 1: Insane RNG gate , Dungeon Limits, and Gear Score Caps are causing people that have run 400+ Hard mode dungeons to still be trapped behind the RNG BLACK HOLE where they cant get out, further motivating them to bite the bullet and just buy their way out

this problem creates , The motive

Problem 2: People are selling raids for ridiculous amounts of mesos and resources , encouraging regular players trapped behind the RNG Gate
to buy runs , these types of people generally have insider knowledge and have managed to monopolize most of the black market because they have found suckers dumb enough to spend that much on 1 legendary gear

Nexon is not reacting to this at all, implying that it is A-OK and encouraging this behavior
on top of that you can just buy a ton of onyx and pay your way out of the black hole, so you can pay to win your way to legendary gear

this problem creates , an unusual demand for mesos that is unhealthy to the game, and inflation on the only gear that is actually useful

Problem 3: Botters are running rampant and farming insane amounts of mesos to sell to people on alternative sites

this problem creates, an illegal supply for said demand of mesos

so not only did nexon fail to make this game not pay to win with any of these obnoxious systems, its not even making any money off the pay to win, business wise its shooting itself in the foot and letting others make the profits

1.Botter Mesos becomes mesos for soul hardened rng rejects , evolve into gold buyer

2.Raid sellers 50k onyx goes to the black market and then
gold buyer buys the onyx from the raid sellers in the black market , only to give it back to him when he buys a run from the same raid seller

Conclusion:Raid Seller makes massive amounts of meso profit for free, Botter makes Real life money profit, Gold Buyers pay to win far ahead in attempt to
join the ranks of raid sellers, regular players stay trapped in RNG hell

GinsamamaxsettingsErieDanDKDximusIeyMarschiaLimeCodeSherri_Someone_and 8 others.

Comments

• SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Do you not get bored of making threads that are wrong
    KastillaDragonicWolfMintyliciousBladeSoul69JicuBluefenix24NahoSentineIsHeartdonorBeariieand 12 others.
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    have you not looked at global chat?
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    He's right. Stop making and spending mesos, people. That's so pay2win.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Someone's getting desperate for attention
    KastillaKhalyk
    edited 12:14PM November 15, 2018
    i can't spell it out for all of you any more than i already have

the signs are all there,literally lmao , bot ad balloons everywhere to the point of getting them removed from the game, those cost money, where did the botters get the money from to blow on balloons? *GASP*

people advertising runs on global chat for 50m or 50k onyx or etc, w/e random number floats their boat that day , and people are paying that for 1 run
    Techn0mancerChernobyte
  • KastillaKastilla
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 360
    I don't really understand your reasoning whatsoever, but okay.

You can be good at any MMO/game without having to spend real money, it just takes dedication and the right attitude.

...but who am I to judge.
    MintyliciousTessadrylMrCryLissyleep223
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Kastilla wrote: »
    I don't really understand your reasoning whatsoever, but okay.

You can be good at any MMO/game without having to spend real money, it just takes dedication and the right attitude.

...but who am I to judge.

This game isn't p2w so this whole thread is pointless
    KastillaMintyliciousKyuukeiKhalykJoshenReborn
    edited 12:20PM November 15, 2018
    "In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" (p2w) games. A common suggestion for avoiding pay-to-win is that payments should only be used to broaden the experience without affecting gameplay."
    - Wikipedia

"Pay To Win. When you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months)."
    - Urban Dictionary

"When money provides an objectively better experience when playing, meaning that if the purchasable content creates a noticeable distinction between the haves and the have-nots.

“Better Experience” includes in game advantages, stronger in game gear or anything that makes the paying players stand above the free players.
    This is especially a major deal in games with competitions or PVP play."
    - Game-Wisdom

its p2w in every way
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    can you quit the game already
    XenociderOmegaKastillaDragonicWolfKyuukeiBarduchKhalykJoshenRebornAieMugcakeFlein
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Forum Moderator
    I'm seeing nothing but toxic comments, please refrain from posting if you have nothing useful to add to a discussion.

OT: Nothing in this game is (currently) pay to win and buying mesos is an offense that will get you banned. RNG is what balances a game out, and is a necessary evil.
    DragonicWolfXenociderOmegaMintyliciousNeospectorCatalystKyuukeiAezariaSylqtJoshenRebornSherriand 5 others.
  • DarkovaDarkova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Every definition you quoted from multiple sites proves your own arguments wrong. You currently cannot buy anything with real money in game to give yourself an advantage over someone else.

Currency sellers and currency buyers are breaking the rules and deserve to be banned. However, this is not part of MS2s game design. Its a problem that plagues every MMO.

RNG is well, rng. Any system with rng, which every MMO uses, just based alone on what gear drops to begin with will always create a gap. Some people get lucky, some get unlucky. Whether you like the mechanics in the game or not, it has nothing to do with real money.

Lastly, people willing to buy carries with resources. I personally wouldn't do it, but that doesn't make it wrong. The whole point of resources is to do something with it. Whether it be upgrading gear, selling on the market, trading for goods, etc you choose how to use them. Trading your resources to other players in game because you know they can accomplish some task you desire is simply spending it another legal way.
    XenociderOmegaKyuukeiBarduchKhalykColdTurkey01chocopug
  • GinsamaGinsama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,930
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    I'm seeing nothing but toxic comments, please refrain from posting if you have nothing useful to add to a discussion.

OT: Nothing in this game is (currently) pay to win and buying mesos is an offense that will get you banned. RNG is what balances a game out, and is a necessary evil.

OOOOOF hearing this straight from the source is just soooo freaking disappointing
  • LyraIeiLyraIei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Right so I had to rewrite this all so it doesn't sound like I'm saying "git gud or get working".

Now: Raids are meant to be hard. If you can't beat them, you can't. Awakening will come at some point and it'll boost your power. As well, you are not forced to buy the runs. Its your own fault that you feel castrated that you can't clear specifically hard content after you've face rolled through everything. RNG is RNG, you embrace it and get motivated or you don't.

As well I'll say: This post is bad for the community. What if a new player joins in and first thing it sees is "game is p2w", they are gonna quit. You are actively hurting the player base. Please, stop hurting the player base.
    iinfernoTessadrylPatrickNWittlePlushy
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605

While I don't agree with OP, but "buying mesos is an offense that will get you banned". Idk if forum mods work for nexon or just volunteers, but that statement is literally the most laughable sh.it one employee can write, cause we all know that's not fking true.
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 1:50PM November 15, 2018

"Buying mesos is an offense that will get you banned." Ummmmmmm, about that, Plentiful ppl i know have bought it even streamers (favorism) and yet they haven't got banned. Even I snitched some of them cuz it pissed me off and yet they get away from it? Honestly, idk what else to do cuz you "Nexon" have a bad reputation for quite long time. Idk what to say..
    Anami
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    faceface wrote: »

While I don't agree with OP, but "buying mesos is an offense that will get you banned". Idk if forum mods work for nexon or just volunteers, but that statement is literally the most laughable sh.it one employee can write, cause we all know that's not fking true.

volunteers
  • DrDabbyDoublesDrDabbyDoubles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Is there a down vote button?
    AnOldGeezerKhalykTessadrylSherri
    edited 2:57PM November 15, 2018
    Darkova wrote: »
    Every definition you quoted from multiple sites proves your own arguments wrong. You currently cannot buy anything with real money in game to give yourself an advantage over someone else.

except not only can you buy more rolls of rng until you get past the line, you can buy guaranteed legendary drops from other people

both of which that give you a huge advantage over someone else who is going to take weeks to even get a try at the first raid

also i like how a bunch of people showed up that didn't agree but then proved my point by saying people are buying mesos and getting 0 punishment

• DarkovaDarkova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    Darkova wrote: »

except not only can you buy more rolls of rng until you get past the line, you can buy guaranteed legendary drops from other people

both of which that give you a huge advantage over someone else

also i like how a bunch of people showed up that didn't agree but then proved my point by saying people are buying mesos and getting 0 punishment

Where is the option to use real money to buy more rolls or buy carries from other people?

I already said currency sellers and currency buyers deserve to be banned. P2W has always been about using real money, not currency you earned in game by actually playing the game.
    PatrickN
    edited 3:12PM November 15, 2018

the option to use real money is you buy mesos = you buy more rolls/ carries from other people lol

and yea they deserve it, but as you can see they aren't getting banned

this form of p2w is you are using real money to buy extreme amounts of in game currency to get as far ahead as u want

chaos onyx, onyx, and frags are all in BM and available to any meso buyer so he can cheese his GS and then buy run carries
    maxsettings_Someone_