Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

is it really new content?

ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
in General Chat
Is it really new content if 3/4 of the population maybe more cannot do the content in anyway or form? You say the turkey event but you kill a turkey everyday in like 5mins done is there really progression being done or do you feel just trap in a never ending circle.

Elitist don't even try to help people progress through the game thereby creating a more vibrant community so more people can enjoy the content. Except they try to exploit the community even further by selling runs and locking people out. Is this really not considered as to be toxic?

These are all things you should consider... If there is no sense of progression in each update it would feel as though it is more of a regression. Elitist try to use all sort of BS to justify their actions and means but a few 1% can't ever support the whole company. Especially since there is no more pay2win methods unless you are panning on buying multiple of each copy of clothing with your own money. When the whole community is gone...
mirta000DanDKKasorasHeimerdingerRaxWeissEmilMeso_Man

Comments

• PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    It's Nexon's fault for releasing too much content so soon. The player base now is like addicts who want the harder crack, but most of them just OD on chaos raid. Nexon should have introduced the content slowly, like one update every six months.
    KhalykDragonicWolfmirta000DanDKThisIsVegeSnackCakesRax
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    PizzaBear wrote: »
    It's Nexon's fault for releasing too much content so soon. The player base now is like addicts who want the harder crack, but most of them just OD on chaos raid. Nexon should have introduced the content slowly, like one update every six months.

Once every 6th months would probably be a bit much, but i agree the patches should have been a bit more staggered maybe every month month and a half?
    DanDK
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    ItsMyStory wrote: »
    Is it really new content if 3/4 of the population maybe more cannot do the content in anyway or form? You say the turkey event but you kill a turkey everyday in like 5mins done is there really progression being done or do you feel just trap in a never ending circle.

Elitist don't even try to help people progress through the game thereby creating a more vibrant community so more people can enjoy the content. Except they try to exploit the community even further by selling runs and locking people out. Is this really not considered as to be toxic?

These are all things you should consider... If there is no sense of progression in each update it would feel as though it is more of a regression. Elitist try to use all sort of BS to justify their actions and means but a few 1% can't ever support the whole company. Especially since there is no more pay2win methods unless you are panning on buying multiple of each copy of clothing with your own money. When the whole community is gone...

Dam man , you're here everyday posting complain and complain

but don't worry i aint a straight out white knight , i do agree with you at some point

The Chaos raid update was to introduce the end game dungeon which anyway SHOULDN'T be clear in like 3-4 days , is suppose to be a raid that people slowly learn and work forward to clear it. But the problem is they has make it too hard to even get to the point of doing the raid without having perfect mechanic ( yes i mean enchantment system and the fact that stats were not properly explained )

Elitist Would NEVER EVER do anything if they don't gain anything doing it, that's why they are ahead and are the elitist. Selling Runs only works because there are consumer , People willing to even buy runs for 40m is the problem . Run selling has always been here in every MMO.
    Now if you expect the Elitist to help carry people pass Raid for fun , that is just being spoiled and entitle , if they stop their progress to help others , who is going to help them when they next content comes up?

There is a sense of progression in each update but is not Instant gratification, once you clear the raid you will get the progression you want, but if you can instant gratification progression, you are out of luck here friend. There are post about how +13 can do more dmg than bad +15 but let just leave that out. the community is still here , MMO always loses a big part of it player base after the launch Hype is gone , streamer has to jump to the new hype game to gain more viewer , life goes on. you're here saying the community is gone everyday , yet you are here complaining every single day.

TL:DR Enchantment system sucks , raid chaos is not too hard but getting the gear for it is , If elitist helps people for free , who is gona help them when newest content is out , run buyer are not the wisest , there are progression but not instant gratification . You cry too much
    TseneAliceWhatDanDKLemarsSnackCakes
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Once every 6th months would probably be a bit much, but i agree the patches should have been a bit more staggered maybe every month month and a half?

No way. Remember, we're casual NA. RNG is too hard. We need minimum of at least 6 months to find out all the hidden information in the game and prepare for harder content.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    there isn’t anything news
    just look at them grinding those HM, aiming for the best possible bonus attributes... piercing piercing everywhere... there is a ton of cdev guide even before it goes live in global... people complain about MSL weapons already know what chaos raid was coming... they just didnt expect devs to make changes
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,295
    Complaining about other people not helping you progress, as well as content being released too soon is the most absolutely ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Do your own research, and observe others who have done the content. Asking for Nexon or players to hold your hand so you can clear things is absolutely insane. Never seen such self entitled players for something that is supposed to be extremely hard. They are raids, learn them and try over and over again and get stronger until you can do it.
    SnackCakes
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Clearing the raid a few times doesn't guarantee you'll progress. You are still gated by RNG secondary stats and getting gear for your class. Until you clear Chaos Raid 9 times or get lucky 3 times and have all 3 pieces of armor, for the 3 set bonus, your damage will actually go down from putting on legendary gear with bad secondary stats. My first legendary helmet i got for my wizard had elemental resist/health on kill secondary stats for all 3 rerolls i tried (over 5 mil to reroll 3 times). If i put that helmet on and replace my epic 4% boss damage helm my GS goes up by 200, but my damage goes down.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    I think you guys have no idea what elitist means
    SnackCakes
  • ThisIsVegeThisIsVege
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 7:33AM November 15, 2018
    Just sounds like you compiled some expressions from online MMO players and slapped them on here.
    Yeah sure they're blasting us with content. Is it a bad thing? No. Is it bad to do it this fast? I guess so if they have no future plans from more content, meaning they're just throwing everything at us and expect us to simmer in it all for a while till they come up with something new.
    Now what's gonna happen is people will be unhappy either way, so the devs are hyped up and have all these new ideas they're working on and throwing them up in the game and then they'll have the exhaustion from it all and wont have as much ideas and the game will slow down in both new content and player feedback for the good side.
    As for the players, you can never make everyone happy, especially people like yourself that like complaining about everything, all the time, to everyone.
    Wake up and smell the coffee, sir. It sure smells good to some people, some people don't even drink coffee, some like the smell but can't stand the taste. You catch my drift? You can't suit everyone all at once, with a few millions playing the game, excluding bot accounts you'll probably have around 1mil people, everyone liking different things.
    What are these Elitists you speak of?
    Let me refresh some things for you:
    Elitist, noun: "a person who believes that a society or system should be led by an elite."
    Elitist, adjective: "relating to or supporting the view that a society or system should be led by an elite.
    -"older men with an elitist attitude about music"
    demonstrating a superior attitude or behavior associated with an elite.
    -"some that say he is a spoiled, elitist snob""
    According to this, your post makes no sense at all. So what's your point?
  • BigBlackKappaBigBlackKappa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    All the people who love calling elitist an how aint helping the other players blah blah blah, how do you think they got there, they did the research and put in the leg work and hard grind an studied all the info, tips & tricks and practice on Korean/Chinese version and prepared themselves, all the information was always there and not new ,now ppl think they are obligated to help u and do stuff for you when they arnt. Stop asking for stuff and learn yourselves and figure it out, im pretty sure u all have brains.
    SoulXCloud
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    edited 1:17PM November 15, 2018
    I say they don't even try and help. They don't have to but exploiting other people is toxic but it doesn't mean they can't. You guys say ohh research is the key that is what being an elitist mean You guys are just shooting yourself in the foot. But no you guys aren't true elitist saying KMS2/CMS2 etc etc... You guys never discovered any of that yourself. A true elitist discovers them by themselves in game not one where you just, if you claim googling everything makes you one you are severely wrong. Those here that are trying to defend is just saying BS again just like I expected.

You received help from those before you, THAT isn't being an elitist you are just faking elitism. If you go in there without any knowledge what so ever and develop infinite amount of planning and develop all your skills by yourself that is true elitism. You just copying other's just makes you fakes.

With the help you receive you don't have to spread it, as it is your choice, but blocking and locking people out with your egos is toxic. You think you guys are good but in fact you people seems worst then the ones that just plays the game for the game. You guys are simply trash if you can't google it.
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Although harsh, the sad truth is experience and reaching that higher tier before anyone else in a MMORPG is a huge boon that can be used to gain a foothold on a server. This is not unique to GMS2, this happens in many other large MMO games you come across. Why would a group or a guild spend their time helping others when they can monetize from inexperienced people. This is also the reason why already select few guilds are dominating the market and will probably dominate the future contents as well.
    This does not mean that everyone is like this. There are people who don't care about competition but just enjoy the game with others. You will have a more enjoyable time by meeting and creating a group/guild with such people. Try to enjoy the game on your pace, it is already tad bit late to be competitive since large guilds are miles ahead at the moment. Slowly find like-minded players and form a community that can help each other out is my best advise to you.
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    Then you work harder and longer until you can solve the issue. Kids these days