Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20
Closed

GG guys Nexon Has spoken

HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
Posts: 208
Member
in General Chat
it was nice seeing all of you and i hope that my connection will improve when you all leave
Ulukini

Comments

  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 399
    Member
  • DracoKamiDracoKami
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 96
    Member
    What are you talking about? All I saw was improvements to QoL from the last dev update. The devs have been very generous and are trying to make the grind feel like much less of a chore. Not to say that there's not more they could do but they've been making good strides in the right direction.
    TeakwoodTsene
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Posts: 123
    Member
    edited 10:29AM November 14, 2018
    The community response was positive.

    Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/9ww9ry/producer_blog_state_of_the_game_week_5/

    What are you talking about?
  • ArjuneArjune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 159
    Member
    edited 10:23AM November 14, 2018
    I guess he thinks because chaos raids aren't getting nerfed then everyone is gonna run crying to League or Fortnite. I don't even care about chaos raids at this point... still grinding trophies and trying to catch a great pet you know... the other things this game has to do

    -logs in for treva farming-
    TseneAliceWhatOneConfusedMilletian
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    Posts: 228
    Member
    I think OP is referring to them not making chaos raids easier?
    DanDK
  • Sammich88Sammich88
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Posts: 170
    Member
    I like the changes, I hope you leave so that my connection will be ever so slightly better even if it's unnoticeable.
    DragonicWolf
  • WhyWhyWhyWhy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Posts: 75
    Member
    It was already mention by many that CHAOS RAID is not the problem , the biggest issue is GETTING GEAR to do chaos raid .

    The Dev did address this issue , so there is a certain degree of damage control being done
  • ItsMyStoryItsMyStory
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,430
    Posts: 99
    Member
    Wow so you are supportive of a dead community I c. Good Luck supporting the game yourself
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 399
    Member
    edited 2:01PM November 14, 2018
    ItsMyStory wrote: »
    Wow so you are supportive of a trash community I c. Good Luck supporting the game yourself
    Fixed
    Ms2 reddit is a mess
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,505
    Posts: 81
    Member
    edited 1:59PM November 14, 2018
    This was a good update IMO

    They're investigating adding more high level overworld content that can yield good items, seemingly, so I am happy but that is going to take awhile and won't be overnight.

    For the most part the only thing I'm kind of disappointed is that to satiate people they're just giving away high end gear. I mean why? Isn't that the current point of the game? Am I just grinding for onyx then? I suppose the gear could have bad rolls so I'll have to grind for gear regardless... I suppose RNG makes this moot.

    Also wish they'd just fundamentally change the way the enhancement system works, maybe make a random assortment of items with the rarity of these items increasing with each enchant level, but making the onyx easier to obtain right now is a good step forward.

    I hope they can follow through with everything, though no harm in taking a break if you are getting burned out
    BlasteroidMintyliciousOneConfusedMilletian
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 399
    Member
    edited 2:01PM November 14, 2018
    I'm glad they didn't nerf the raid
    DragonicWolfKyuukeiTseneDanDKMintyliciousKeula
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Posts: 128
    Member
    Listen, Im just shocked Heimer didnt drop the "Im a Legendary Founder" line that has been a part of every other post.
    AliceWhat
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Posts: 180
    Member
    I'm with you too, enjoy your dying game. The producers letter again, whilst some of it positive does not address the core problems of progression and more or less is just a bandaid response acknowledging there is a problem, here is some QoL fixes in the meantime now go back to running FD 60 times a week for the few months until you have brute forced your way to +15 and enjoy your constant failures, oh and we can put you in touch with some good meso farmers if you run out of Meso and Onyx, this is pretty much it.
    HeimerdingerThendriksDanDK
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    Posts: 208
    Member
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Listen, Im just shocked Heimer didnt drop the "Im a Legendary Founder" line that has been a part of every other post.

    it was one post, hyperbolic much?

    also that is why we keep you around, because you did it for me
    DanDK
  • SleeplessaceSleeplessace
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Posts: 8
    Member
    i think they missed the main issue that people are disliking atm which is spamming FD they could have fixed this with obvious choices

    Option one :Remove 60 dungeons back to 30 just make it double loot same thing except im not sitting there half my day spamming the same dungeon till my eyes bleed.

    Option two: if they're so adamant on the 60 dungeon run then at least let people sacrifice all weapon types into their own that way we can run different dungeons just to switch things up or get other stuff we might want like accessories/ pets or whatever while still working on our goal.

    Option two sounds the most logical so the devs don't need to back track and people dont complain non stop about gg easy
    Tsukasa_Hiiragi
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Posts: 128
    Member
    I'm with you too, enjoy your dying game. The producers letter again, whilst some of it positive does not address the core problems of progression and more or less is just a bandaid response acknowledging there is a problem, here is some QoL fixes in the meantime now go back to running FD 60 times a week for the few months until you have brute forced your way to +15 and enjoy your constant failures, oh and we can put you in touch with some good meso farmers if you run out of Meso and Onyx, this is pretty much it.

    Dying game... LOL. You do realize that besides your minority opinion, that the vast amount of the player base doesnt even use the forums right? Some games arent for everyone, and thats fine, yet I notice you and Heimer both had to TELL everyone you were leaving in posts instead of just voting with your wallet and leaving....
    MintyliciousOneConfusedMilletianSnackCakes
  • SleeplessaceSleeplessace
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I'm with you too, enjoy your dying game. The producers letter again, whilst some of it positive does not address the core problems of progression and more or less is just a bandaid response acknowledging there is a problem, here is some QoL fixes in the meantime now go back to running FD 60 times a week for the few months until you have brute forced your way to +15 and enjoy your constant failures, oh and we can put you in touch with some good meso farmers if you run out of Meso and Onyx, this is pretty much it.

    Dying game... LOL. You do realize that besides your minority opinion, that the vast amount of the player base doesnt even use the forums right? Some games arent for everyone, and thats fine, yet I notice you and Heimer both had to TELL everyone you were leaving in posts instead of just voting with your wallet and leaving....

    its not a minority opinion. the player base does use the forums and reddit. just because you say so doesnt make it true numbers have dropped by a lot. people have been leaving left and right just steams player base alone dropping below 50% and everyone on the forums saying theyre quitting actually means something. if you blindly ignore why they are leaving you will have a small player base with a dead game because the devs wont update it anymore for them. people need to get their complaints out of why the game is bad so the devs can address the issues while i do like the game it is heavily flawed and i can also see myself quitting
    DanDK
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Posts: 128
    Member
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I'm with you too, enjoy your dying game. The producers letter again, whilst some of it positive does not address the core problems of progression and more or less is just a bandaid response acknowledging there is a problem, here is some QoL fixes in the meantime now go back to running FD 60 times a week for the few months until you have brute forced your way to +15 and enjoy your constant failures, oh and we can put you in touch with some good meso farmers if you run out of Meso and Onyx, this is pretty much it.

    Dying game... LOL. You do realize that besides your minority opinion, that the vast amount of the player base doesnt even use the forums right? Some games arent for everyone, and thats fine, yet I notice you and Heimer both had to TELL everyone you were leaving in posts instead of just voting with your wallet and leaving....

    its not a minority opinion. the player base does use the forums and reddit. just because you say so doesnt make it true numbers have dropped by a lot. people have been leaving left and right just steams player base alone dropping below 50% and everyone on the forums saying theyre quitting actually means something. if you blindly ignore why they are leaving you will have a small player base with a dead game because the devs wont update it anymore for them. people need to get their complaints out of why the game is bad so the devs can address the issues while i do like the game it is heavily flawed and i can also see myself quitting

    It is a minority opinion. How many players do you think MS2 has? 50k-100k? How many people are consistently crying on the forums? 10-20? Out of maybe say 100ish regular forum goers? Even extrapolating that out off that teeny tiny sample size is 10-20% which is factually and by definition a minority.... According to Steam's charts the percentage gain of overall players is a -.03% over the past month, so please dont pretend players are leaving in droves, the average concurrent players is still around 18-20k.

    Now lets for comparison's sake take a look at another Korean MMO that I have personal experience with, Archeage. AA Launched on September 16, 2014, and within that same 1st month window percentage gain was a whopping -25.28%... So maybe, just maybe, you should listen to your own advice "just because you say it doesnt make it true".
    OneConfusedMilletianSnackCakes
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Posts: 180
    Member
    edited 9:34PM November 14, 2018
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I'm with you too, enjoy your dying game. The producers letter again, whilst some of it positive does not address the core problems of progression and more or less is just a bandaid response acknowledging there is a problem, here is some QoL fixes in the meantime now go back to running FD 60 times a week for the few months until you have brute forced your way to +15 and enjoy your constant failures, oh and we can put you in touch with some good meso farmers if you run out of Meso and Onyx, this is pretty much it.

    Dying game... LOL. You do realize that besides your minority opinion, that the vast amount of the player base doesnt even use the forums right? Some games arent for everyone, and thats fine, yet I notice you and Heimer both had to TELL everyone you were leaving in posts instead of just voting with your wallet and leaving....

    I wouldn't be so sure that its a minority opinion actually. I'm a passionate person, if I like something and I want to defend it - then I'll stand up and tell you exactly how I feel, I've been forum banned before for doing that because sometimes, publishers and developers just don't like vocal people telling them they are wrong ~ that latter was Arenanet when I complained about them lying to the players about horizontal progression.

    I like MS2, I like *some* of its players, its got some nice players, some good people and some not so good people who thrive on conflict and elitism but that could be said for every single MMo ever created. MS2 is fun but the flaws are so apparent and when you keep failing though no fault of your own, this is where the game fails the player - because there isn't anything the player can do to prevent failure. As I keep saying, there really isn't much wrong with raiding, the progression into raiding is the flaw as it exposes a lottery system based on pure luck for items, skill lines, enchanting, gem crafting and even pets, this flaw cannot be changed and will be with Maplestory 2 until the end, Nexon needs to find a way to ease this problem is risk GMS2 failing like it did in Korea.

    Alot of the players are frustrated because right now, Nexons answer is simple - do more runs, that is the fix they are giving everyone where the fix should be to do less runs, with a higher chance to progress.

    I still believe slightly nerfing cDev and lowering the GS to 4000 is perhaps the best way forward right now, ignoring the problem is a really bad idea and honestly, I've seen other publishers do that in the hopes the players will just accept the fact this is how its going to be, deal with it. The fact Nexon has acknowledged there is a problem is good and raises some hope, but that being said - time is an enemy, this can't keep continuing as is without steadily losing more and more players, especially important when PVP Arena content is introduced and all the meso buyers and people who have been bussing cDev immediately become uncontested, this fact alone has destroyed PVP content in other games when this happens as developers completely fail to balance PvP content.
    mirta000
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,975
    Posts: 80
    Member
    In this day and age where many other games are available and with an already bad reputation for being Nexon, they can't gamble on a wrong decision.
    Heimerdingermirta000
This discussion has been closed.