Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

I found a nasty griefing tactic

BaronLövatBaronLövat
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,820
in Dungeons
So, there's been quite a few claims of toxicity in the Maple community for a long time, and it's slowly starting to bleed into MS2. Tactics for griefing people, trolling, and just being a general ass. And today, I discovered a method that seems to be used to grief lower gear score players. Queue Dodging / Q trolling.

And it's actually pretty simple.
Players at the current time are only recruiting roughly 3.7~4k GS minimums for Hard mode farming. And they really hate low GS players.
So what do they do?
Get a Priest to level 50, and 2100 GS +.
Queue for a Fire Dragon, which will pop almost instantly. Click 'No' on the prompt to port you into the Dungeon. And leave party.
Repeat to your hearts desire.

Not only will you be able to massively screw with all the people 2100~3000 Gear score who waited 10, 15 sometimes even 20 minutes for a Queue, but you'll completely discourage them from playing the game any further from this point onward.

And if you complain about it, particularly in Channel or World chat, you'll be met with a barrage of "Use the recruitment" or "Use the Party Listings" etc. And you'll then be promptly rejected from most groups for not having 3500+ Gear Score and being a bad.

What's the point? Well Nexon I'm here to tell you, you can fix this very simply.
If someone leaves a group more than say, 3 times in less than say 5~10 minutes, they should be blocked from queuing for the next mmm say 20 minutes.
No more queue trolling, no more griefing the Random Party Finder, and everyone has a good day.

I look forward to this being fixed.
Until then, LFP> 4k+
BananaCatTsukasa_HiiragiTseneOneConfusedMilletianSherriEinoVarliaaylumos

Comments

• LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Am I the only one that read these in voices that match the character's face in the profile picture?
    Anyway, This does look like trolling but sometimes this happens to me and I'm 4.3k gear score. Que for a party, I'm a priest
    then all of a sudden there is like 2 people left in a party.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • FearmypawsFearmypaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    edited 5:12PM November 14, 2018
    So, there's been quite a few claims of toxicity in the Maple community for a long time, and it's slowly starting to bleed into MS2. Tactics for griefing people, trolling, and just being a general ass. And today, I discovered a method that seems to be used to grief lower gear score players. Queue Dodging / Q trolling.

Players at the current time are only recruiting roughly 3.7~4k GS minimums for Hard mode farming. And they really hate low GS players.
    So what do they do?
    Queue for a Fire Dragon, which will pop almost instantly. Click 'No' on the prompt to port you into the Dungeon. And leave party.

Not only will you be able to massively screw with all the people 2100~3000 Gear score who waited 10, 15 sometimes even 20 minutes for a Queue, but you'll completely discourage them from playing the game any further from this point onward.

And if you complain about it, particularly in Channel or World chat, you'll be met with a barrage of "Use the recruitment" or "Use the Party Listings" etc. And you'll then be promptly rejected from most groups for not having 3500+ Gear Score and being a bad.

What's the point? Well Nexon I'm here to tell you, you can fix this very simply.
    If someone leaves a group more than say, 3 times in less than say 5~10 minutes, they should be blocked from queuing for the next mmm say 20 minutes.
    No more queue trolling, no more griefing the Random Party Finder, and everyone has a good day.

Until then, LFP> 4k+

no, anytime you enter to decide to suck it up or dodge it. Dodge= 5-15 minutes punishment, that goes for trolling/grieving... why the fk you bothered queued in first place? Stop hoping for elites fks n make your own damn party. I do this everyday making my party n no regrets, yeah baddies comes or afkers = getkicked for afking.
    Uinix
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    With the current problems, all the kiddies get bored and decided to be asses and grief where-ever possible, its the American MMo way apparently and why we can't have nice things makes me miss playing Puso with my JP friends.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    im at 5k gs with +13 weapons, i spend my days helping out 2100gs with their HM, mostly FD... it takes roughly 21 minutes each run.... i could probably get 2-3 FD done but im gladly spend over 30 minutes to help newbie learn FD’s basic...
    its better than wasting time crewing with people
    TseneVarliaSilverSkyway
  • DarkSkyBunnyDarkSkyBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    i've been trying to gear my berserker for the past few hours and i've had to wait in que for i don't know how long just to get in and have someone leave because of either the level or gear scores of the people in the party.

at this point its just people using LFG rather then premades to get quick runs and if they think the run won't be fast enough for them they leave. nexon need to just apply a dungeon deserter buff that stops you from queuing and reduces your stats for a set amount of time (30minutes) to stop this bullshit because it takes to long to que as it is on a dps character vs the instant que of a priest.
  • ActualChabbyActualChabby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    nexon need to just apply a dungeon deserter buff that stops you from queuing and reduces your stats for a set amount of time (30minutes) to stop this bullshit because it takes to long to que as it is on a dps character vs the instant que of a priest.

I like that idea. I haven't been doing FD for long (or any hard dungeon for that matter), and the first day I started doing it I had at least two parties in which the priest left. I didn't think it was a trolling tactic but yeah, I can see that now. Then sometimes one person leaves and then the entire group disbands. I've even been kicked immediately in a random queue, I guess because of my gear score or maybe they didn't want a heavy gunner (is there something against heavy gunners? I don't see a lot of people playing them, mostly berserkers and assassins). I still don't have a full epic set yet, but I'm getting there and I know how to play my HG pretty well, so I wish there was something to help parties stick together for those that can't join a specific group because most of them say "4k+ only". We all had less than 3.5k gear score at some point, it doesn't mean I'll hold you back or make the run go on for 20 minutes.
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Fearmypaws wrote: »
    no, anytime you enter to decide to suck it up or dodge it. Dodge= 5-15 minutes punishment, that goes for trolling/grieving... why the fk you bothered queued in first place? Stop hoping for elites fks n make your own damn party. I do this everyday making my party n no regrets, yeah baddies comes or afkers = getkicked for afking.

....What?
    Just to be clear, I posted this so it might get addressed. Just because it's not a "huge" deal yet, doesn't mean it won't be. Just look at how Recruiting is trending. The longer the game is out, the higher the GS "requirement" people have to join their group. Eventually, people will be bored, notice there's no punishment or even slight annoyance applied if you spam random queue and instantly leave, messing over the new players who can't join the ever increasing GS "requirement" in the recruiting section.

Mark my words, if it doesn't get fixed, it WILL become a problem.... It always, always does.
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Would this apply only to hard dungeons? Otherwise people queueing for regular dungeons and leaving parties when there's bots in them will get punished.

I assume there's also other possible scenarios, but the above seems to be the biggest issue.
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat
    Bots don't typically queue for Hardmodes. They're normally banned for shouting about their websites or got mass reported for botting.

So my inclination would be no, this queue dodging punishment shouldn't be applied to Normals, only Hard Adventures.
  • DrDabbyDoublesDrDabbyDoubles
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500

So what do they do?

Until then, LFP> 4k+

You sound like an entitled dirtbag. No one is required to carry you. How about your form your own group?
    DarkSkyBunnyUlukini
  • BaronLövatBaronLövat

You sound like an entitled dirtbag. No one is required to carry you. How about your form your own group?

...I have a 6k GS HG that Solo's just about any HM I want, and my Thief is just about the same. I got a Priest I can solo FD's and Labs on in decent times, and 2 level 5x alts in 3k+ GS range.

I didn't post this because "Waaah, I can't get a group or do clears" I posted it because it's something that can be abused, you presumptuous prick.
    TseneOldwargoatDarkSkyBunnyEino
  • OldwargoatOldwargoat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540

So what do they do?

Until then, LFP> 4k+

no here is a nice idea leave the group after the prescribed conditions are met: 1st time 30 mins, 2nd 2 hrs. 3rd 24 hr after that GM intervention
    DarkSkyBunny
  • OldwargoatOldwargoat

So what do they do?

Until then, LFP> 4k+

DrDabbyDoubles is a prime example of a dirtbag player thinking his one-liners will shut people up...go away your not wanted
    DarkSkyBunnyEino
  • OldwargoatOldwargoat
    With the current problems, all the kiddies get bored and decided to be asses and grief where-ever possible, its the American MMo way apparently and why we can't have nice things makes me miss playing Puso with my JP friends.

Not every American is like this BTW this is just an F%$!/soy boy mentality who think they are an alpha and yet they are not...
  • UinixUinix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 900
    For the people who can't get into parties from recruitment: Just make your own parties, so that way you cant get kicked.

For the people who think that dungeon deserter is a good idea: What about all the remake parties that occur in hard dungeons/raids? Why would you want to punish players who haven't done anything wrong? The idea is good on paper but bad for application, since remakes occur quite frequently in this game. Also gearscore is not the problem in hard dungeons, since fairfight is there to nerf everyone anyways, the problem is people being inexperienced.
  • DarkSkyBunnyDarkSkyBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    edited 3:16PM November 20, 2018
    Uinix wrote: »
    For the people who can't get into parties from recruitment: Just make your own parties, so that way you cant get kicked.

For the people who think that dungeon deserter is a good idea: What about all the remake parties that occur in hard dungeons/raids? Why would you want to punish players who haven't done anything wrong? The idea is good on paper but bad for application, since remakes occur quite frequently in this game. Also gearscore is not the problem in hard dungeons, since fairfight is there to nerf everyone anyways, the problem is people being inexperienced.

the problem is that people who are mostly trying to run fd are new lvl 50s that just got to 2100 or people on alts that just got their alt to 2100. if people leave and you're not a priest then you have to sit in que till a new party is formed which can range from 5 minutes to 15minutes+. no one will end up joining a party that is started by a 2100 gs player unless its another low gs player wanting to run, which is why the random que is there.

as i've said they do need to add a dungeon deserter buff to stop this queuing and leaving if you don't like your party. you've qued knowing its a random selection of gear you know the risks so stick with the party or get punished for leaving, if you're going to just leave because you don't like the looks of your party members gs/atk then you need to be making your own elitist party rather then random queuing.
  • LesserFlawwLesserFlaww
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    WallSeries wrote: »
    im at 5k gs with +13 weapons, i spend my days helping out 2100gs with their HM, mostly FD... it takes roughly 21 minutes each run.... i could probably get 2-3 FD done but im gladly spend over 30 minutes to help newbie learn FD’s basic...
    its better than wasting time crewing with people

You sir are a legend!
    SilverSkyway
  • zeifuzeifu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    edited 3:47AM November 21, 2018

So what do they do?

Until then, LFP> 4k+

While I get your frustration I can't say I recognize myself in this excessive griefing. I've been kicked a few times myself but just move on, not much else to do about it.
    World chat? I've blocked just about anything from other people, young adults and teenagers alike saber-rattling to dominate the server is a common phrase in any game, especially newer ones that have no established 'elite' yet. At least MS2 gives you many options to avoid it.

IMO, just talk to people and make some friends on your daily adventures, I had friends who kindly and patiently carried me till I got my first epic weapon, and even if I have over 7K attack now I still haven't forgotten how I got there so painlessly, don't even look at the GS requirements, be it 2.1k+ or 5k+ I just join and play.

There's always people willing to help, and if you can't find a room and don't have many close-ish friends I'd say just make your own room, there's def people who will join and it shouldn't matter too much if it takes 5 minutes or 15 minutes if it is essential first-time gear.

Definitely don't argue about it on the game though, doesn't matter how right you are, 5 dumb votes > 1 smart, it's the internet after all.