Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

How to fix the game for the better

BeariieBeariie
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
edited 7:11PM November 13, 2018 in General Chat
Simple steps to ensure this game has an actual future. From a design standpoint*

1) Remove Dungeon caps for Normal. Remove Weekly caps from Hard.
Why? There is no need to limit the characters progression, the game is already a month out so there is no need to complain about being left behind by others, youl still have other to play with and its becoming the most asinine reason for keeping a dungeon limit in the game. Let the player play as long as they want without feeling forced to take a break, if the game feels like a chore you may lose a player. If there is no limit, they can plan there journey out the way they want to. Ofcourse you can keep it on hard mode(Even though I personally dont care much for the cap here either).

2) Add in Repeatable Party Quest in the actual world
Why? This gives players another option aside from farming dungeons for progression. These repeatable quest can give value in terms of mesos and materials for upgrades. Keep it untradable. Botting is a issue that shouldnt be effecting how your playerbase is able to experience the game. Its a issue nexon needs to deal with themselves if they ever choose to. Me and other should not have to be limited just because the problem cant be handled, meaning just because bots can abuse it, doesnt mean it shouldnt or cant be added. To keep the repetitive nature down to a minimum, randomize the target monster every quest, the progress is shared when every party member is on the same map. Add trophies if possible for X amt completed.

3) Get rid of Vote kicks in matchmaking (Not precreated parties)
If someone is afking or botting, this should be known from the beginning of the dungeon, its at that point the player should take action and communicate with the other members on if they want to continue or remake a party. Being able to kick a member when X dungeon boss is at X HP should not ever be a thing, period.

4) Good work on putting your foot down and saying no to nerfing the chaos raids. Keep this attitude when it pertains to content thats supposed to be challenging to clear. Dont cave in to players that want it easier, past mmos have taken this path, they have lost a lot more then they gained (even WoW). But offer engaging ways for players to take paths to progress there characters more then having it behind gated content. (See Step 2 for an example)

5) Make Events fun

The past 2 events have been a bit, lacking (IMO). The Halloween event was basically log in daily to hoard pumpky food, kill 13 monsters, and thats it. Other one was log in daily for coins for a chance to get rewards. These events werent at all engaging. I know that you get your content from KMS and if your not allowed to make changes to the game interm of content I understand, but you gotta do things to livin up the community and get them hyped to play the game during these times.

6) Moderate your UGC Shop.
Theres so many issues with this.
OneConfusedMilletianPkmdzLeilafiDximus

Comments

• MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    From what I see, the main problem MS2 has is that the entire game just ends up being a raid focused game. The title has failed to provide any good reason for players to spend time in the field, explore, etc. In the end, everything in this game just tunnels into raids. And what will the players who are giving MS2 a chance do after doing the "chore-ish" 10 queues? They will log out and spend time to actually have fun in a different game.
    Spread the activity around the entire world that they have created. Don't tunnel people into bosses, dungeons, raids. Give the people reason to go out and hunt monsters for maybe a piece of furniture, or silly costume, etc. Hell, maybe have people hunt snails for snail fragments to make it into a snail backpack or something. Give people something to work on with these silly gimmicks if you have to. Right now. most of the maps in the game are just useless chunk of space that no one will ever visit if not for a short daily errand. Right now, you log in, do 10 dungeons, do dailies, maybe do the event quest, and what. I am already done decorating my house with the available furniture, done fishing/performing, crafting. There is really not that much to do in the game at this time if you look at it.
    BeariieOneConfusedMilletianDanDKCurkyMeso_Man
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    MochiAi wrote: »
    From what I see, the main problem MS2 has is that the entire game just ends up being a raid focused game. The title has failed to provide any good reason for players to spend time in the field, explore, etc. In the end, everything in this game just tunnels into raids. And what will the players who are giving MS2 a chance do after doing the "chore-ish" 10 queues? They will log out and spend time to actually have fun in a different game.
    Spread the activity around the entire world that they have created. Don't tunnel people into bosses, dungeons, raids. Give the people reason to go out and hunt monsters for maybe a piece of furniture, or silly costume, etc. Hell, maybe have people hunt snails for snail fragments to make it into a snail backpack or something. Give people something to work on with these silly gimmicks if you have to. Right now. most of the maps in the game are just useless chunk of space that no one will ever visit if not for a short daily errand. Right now, you log in, do 10 dungeons, do dailies, maybe do the event quest, and what. I am already done decorating my house with the available furniture, done fishing/performing, crafting. There is really not that much to do in the game at this time if you look at it.

So much yes.
    Heimerdinger
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    I feel like part of the issue is that Chaos has only been out for a week, and the community at large has been treating MS2 like MS1 when it comes to discussions (raid/gear focused, speed leveling, etc...). The social aspects of this game definitely exist, but they're especially downplayed right now. Hopefully that'll change as people settle into Raids and start turning back to other parts of this game, like housing and music.
  • ArjuneArjune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090
    edited 8:45PM November 13, 2018
    I've finished exploration goals except for the 5 maps that are impossible right now, 1505 trophies, all golden chests found except the current 5 broken maps and 2-3 unreleased maps.... I've done most things and I'm getting bored. I was really hoping for more story / maps / exploration goals in the future but from what I hear about KR maplestory2 there's not much more of that and they stopped updating over there? Is that really true? If so then I may just be done with Maple2 already... they even stopped giving rewards for exploration goals at 550 and I have 670 :(
    OneConfusedMilletianMeso_Man
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Yeah, I hope exploration and world-building is the direction the devs will take for GMS. We can only hope, I guess. /shrug
  • MochiAiMochiAi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,305
    Arjune wrote: »
    I've finished exploration goals except for the 5 maps that are impossible right now, 1505 trophies, all golden chests found except the current 5 broken maps and 2-3 unreleased maps.... I've done most things and I'm getting bored. I was really hoping for more story / maps / exploration goals in the future but from what I hear about KR maplestory2 there's not much more of that and they stopped updating over there? Is that really true? If so then I may just be done with Maple2 already... they even stopped giving rewards for exploration goals at 550 and I have 670 :(

KMS2 is definitely getting updates and Nexon didn't abandon the title. But they are surely putting more attention to their other successful titles since KMS2 isn't doing that well, or should I say under extreme scrutiny by its players due to apparent cash grab tactic. This is also the reason why so many Korean players tried out the GMS2. However, Korean users spotted that the halloween style outfit cost around 230 dollars for a newly opened server and are under extreme scrutiny yet again. Overall, MS2 has lost its player-base in Korea and hopefully will change their business plan for us.
    OneConfusedMilletianMeso_Man
  • Ren_PartycatRen_Partycat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,535
    Game's getting shut down in less than a month, don't bother. People are uninstalling and many who are still playing have resorted to buying mesos. MS2 is gonna get shut down just like LawBreakers because Nexon doesn't care and elitists are killing the game. Because they're so deluded that they think luck equals skill, and they're so messed up that they genuinely justify false advertising. It was fun playing dressup and getting sub 4 minute clears at Lubelisk but this game's not gonna last.
    CurkyHeimerdinger
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    The reason the caps exist is because the dungeons are braindead. Removing them would be like just giving out the rewards for free.
    They should design dungeons like normal MMOs where clearing them requires time and effort, then they wouldn't need caps at all.
    Yeah, I hope exploration and world-building is the direction the devs will take for GMS. We can only hope, I guess. /shrug

After the epic quest to rush people to dungeons (which they refused to change since CBT), 2 weeks of dungeon double drops, 1 week of hard dungeon double drops, and 1 month of raid focus content? Not to mention that every single attempt at feedback regarding game focus has been neglected because these issues were pointed out ever since CBT. The direction is set in stone now.
    Heimerdinger
  • PkmdzPkmdz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    Fishing needs to feel more rewarding.... A lot more
  • Meso_ManMeso_Man
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,130
    I extremely agree with Mochi. We need more carrots on a stick to revisit old maps.
  • LeilafiLeilafi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 935
    Only thing I'm having an issue with are people trying to tell you how to play your own way
    and getting pissed off because you want to play how you want to play and experience MS2 in your own way.
    Or when, you don't know something someone wants, so they get pissed off at you
    because you didn't and turn into jerks because you're not doing that thing they wanted you to do.
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    DanDK wrote: »
    The reason the caps exist is because the dungeons are braindead. Removing them would be like just giving out the rewards for free.
    They should design dungeons like normal MMOs where clearing them requires time and effort, then they wouldn't need caps at all.

After the epic quest to rush people to dungeons (which they refused to change since CBT), 2 weeks of dungeon double drops, 1 week of hard dungeon double drops, and 1 month of raid focus content? Not to mention that every single attempt at feedback regarding game focus has been neglected because these issues were pointed out ever since CBT. The direction is set in stone now.

This is pretty much the main issue I feel as well along with current mess that is multiple layers of RNG. The current content in the game really isn’t that hard. Not even CDev is challenging, but it feels challenging because it has a high hp bloat. Something like CMoc is definitely something they should be aiming for for with each chaos raid if they want it to actually be high skill raiding. But because everything up this point has been bosses with annoying (not really hard when you look at it) mechanics a lot of people weren’t ready for what feels like a huge jump. It’s even worse that they made the gearing process seem faster than it was with 3 weeks straight of double drops instead of actually fixing the issue at hand. People got used to and probably felt that that pace is how things should have been but got put back into slogging around after it was all done.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • HeimerdingerHeimerdinger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,870
    Arjune wrote: »

those maps are fixed though
  • ArjuneArjune
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,090
    those maps are fixed though

are they?? Last I saw they were listed under "known Issues" on last week's patch notes. Did they ninja hotfix them?