Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Chaos raids overtuned?

Comments

• ClericeruClericeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,305
    far as rng goes..they could add attribute bonus stat scrolls at treva shops and let us choose what attribute stat we want and add a value scroll there so we can change the % but that % would be the only rng part, but you'll still have your stat and a nice and easy way to farm for it and for value % on each stat. that way you can ''min/max'' all you want.

It would be nice, but not likely. They are just trying to artificially prolong the meaningless grind by giving you attributes that are worthless to your character.
    CariseiPkmdz
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,560
    You actually don't really need a +15. +13 or +14 is enough if you built your character right and you are efficient in DPS
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,470
    4500 to enter made everyone think it was going to be 4500 to finish. I'm thinking likely all 10 people need to be 6k with efficient stats.
    JESUS here, FBI is watching u
    tbh though, people really think 4500 is enough to finish CR, but the thing is u need +13 weapons to clear it, and +15 to clear it better
    what about 2nd and 3rd CR?????????? those gonna be much harder to clear, and ur weapon is still HM +15... its gonna be hell in those CR, since legendary armors don't give u clear speed and the game resolves around dodging, ur gs keeps getting higher and higher but ur attack remind the same
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    Cookiesyay wrote: »
    I've been through about 20 teams and none of them were able to get even half way.

Do they seem overtuned ?

its finishable with 4500 Gs. but it requires everyone to max their dmg and not die or fail at anything.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    CrossFyre wrote: »
    4500 is the gateway GS but it doesn't mean you'll be able to clear easily at that level. The main factor is that it doesn't take into account your stats. Piercing, M/P piercing, boss damage (+ other dmg bonus) and accuracy are supposedly highly important in dishing out sufficient damage for the raid. Since the raid has only been available for less than day, most people would have no clue on how to organise for mechanics and maximise their dps potential. Give it a week and report back whether it really is over tuned or not.

That's the problem right there. For a casual MMO we shouldn't be required to min max a broken stat system for the first raid.

which you dont.

you need around 15% piercing atm to do it. more the better up to 30%
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    You don't even need piercing
  • AshleyTheNekoAshleyTheNeko
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    4500 is the gateway GS but it doesn't mean you'll be able to clear easily at that level. The main factor is that it doesn't take into account your stats. Piercing, M/P piercing, boss damage (+ other dmg bonus) and accuracy are supposedly highly important in dishing out sufficient damage for the raid. Since the raid has only been available for less than day, most people would have no clue on how to organise for mechanics and maximise their dps potential. Give it a week and report back whether it really is over tuned or not.

That's the problem right there. For a casual MMO we shouldn't be required to min max a broken stat system for the first raid.

which you dont.

Oh, only 15%. I don't have that either because the stat system is still broken. I can roll piercing on 4/10 weapons I get, but on armor? Tough luck. Keep rerolling.
  • omgTealomgTeal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    for all the random elitist with the 'git gud" mentality. being +15 does not make you good with rngbase games.
    fully clearing cdev with +15/+14/+13/+12 is not the point people are making here.
    making "hard" content does not mean making a boss with a retarded amount of hp and put a timer for ppl to kill it. "hard" no this just means its a DPS check.
    the mechanics in the dungeon is what makes it hard and i have seen teams playing perfectly and not able to even come close to bringing the boss down to 10% hp ALL because of DPS. i am talking about all 10 players alive attacking the boss doing the mechanics no one dying for the full 15 min.
    if you think forcing ppl to get +13 to do the dungeon was a good idea, but putting it as a 4.5k GS minimum. this is a recipe for losing valuable players who pay a lot of money on cosmetics. it is the casual players that pay up good amount of money, because they don't try too hard on the end game but wanna look pretty. this does not mean they don't sometimes have the time to do a chaos raid and want to clear it. nor does it mean they are bad players.

the GS requirement for cdev is +11 wep. which is NOT doable with a team full of +11. you will not find a SINGLE GOD DAMN VIDEO with a team full of +11 or even +12 team doing this dungeon. because it is just not possible, you can use all the consumables' you can play perfect the whole 15 min. the DPS check will not be there.

people do not realize in this game every +1 is a 30-40% MORE damage modifier. a +11 wep team does 3x less damage than a +15 team. with the BEST guild on the server right now clearing at 7 min cdev. meaning if they were +11 it would be 21 min. and that's the BEST guild on the server.

if you are the elitist please please prove me wrong and link the WHOLE community here how to do cdev with full +11 weapons. and i will personally donate you.
    DanDKCurkylillucarioPkmdzClericeruLemars
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235

which you dont.

Oh, only 15%. I don't have that either because the stat system is still broken. I can roll piercing on 4/10 weapons I get, but on armor? Tough luck. Keep rerolling.

Armor doesn't get piercing. Only weapons and accessories can get piercing. Gloves can get physical piercing, though.
    DanDK
  • AshleyTheNekoAshleyTheNeko
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    Kewkky wrote: »

which you dont.

Armor doesn't get piercing. Only weapons and accessories can get piercing. Gloves can get physical piercing, though.

In my defense, that's really something the game should tell you.

• NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    Kewkky wrote: »

which you dont.

In my defense, that's really something the game should tell you.

Or something you could ask on the forum and read some guide , or ask to some experienced streamer out there? It takes 5 mins or less
  • WiLBoYWiLBoY
    omgTeal wrote: »
    for all the random elitist with the 'git gud" mentality. being +15 does not make you good with rngbase games.
    fully clearing cdev with +15/+14/+13/+12 is not the point people are making here.
    making "hard" content does not mean making a boss with a retarded amount of hp and put a timer for ppl to kill it. "hard" no this just means its a DPS check.
    the mechanics in the dungeon is what makes it hard and i have seen teams playing perfectly and not able to even come close to bringing the boss down to 10% hp ALL because of DPS. i am talking about all 10 players alive attacking the boss doing the mechanics no one dying for the full 15 min.
    if you think forcing ppl to get +13 to do the dungeon was a good idea, but putting it as a 4.5k GS minimum. this is a recipe for losing valuable players who pay a lot of money on cosmetics. it is the casual players that pay up good amount of money, because they don't try too hard on the end game but wanna look pretty. this does not mean they don't sometimes have the time to do a chaos raid and want to clear it. nor does it mean they are bad players.

the GS requirement for cdev is +11 wep. which is NOT doable with a team full of +11. you will not find a SINGLE GOD DAMN VIDEO with a team full of +11 or even +12 team doing this dungeon. because it is just not possible, you can use all the consumables' you can play perfect the whole 15 min. the DPS check will not be there.

people do not realize in this game every +1 is a 30-40% MORE damage modifier. a +11 wep team does 3x less damage than a +15 team. with the BEST guild on the server right now clearing at 7 min cdev. meaning if they were +11 it would be 21 min. and that's the BEST guild on the server.

if you are the elitist please please prove me wrong and link the WHOLE community here how to do cdev with full +11 weapons. and i will personally donate you.

Go get more bonus gems, an epic pet to 50 and pop 4-5 pots with team pots. I've seen plus 12 players do more damage than a majority of +15s.

How the hell are you still +11. They literally did a 2x drop event.
  • HaliHali
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,975
    Apparently the concept of bad luck with time gates is more difficult to understand then CDev mechanics.
  • MONSTRMONSTR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,240
    edited 1:05PM November 13, 2018
    It's very obvious that it's Overtuned. 4500gs is a complete lie. No one had a problem with Hard Dungeons when they got to 2100gs to do them. hell, you could have done them while being under 2100gs. The issue there was getting to 2100gs. I think a very sensible change would be to make the 15-minute timer optional. Reward those +15ers that can do it within 15-minutes. It was a very bad move on Nexon to all of a sudden cater to hardcore dice rolling elitist players.
  • OcculoOcculo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 835
    Had some weird stuff happening in cdev last night on one of our guild runs. Him freezing mid animation for a good second for the whole group. His laser and aoe stun noping through knight bulwark/defender of faith causing everyone to die. First time we have seen this happen lol. Idk if there was some server lag last night or we just encountered some weird bug or not. Every run before and after that was fine though. Was just really odd.
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Cookiesyay wrote: »
    I've been through about 20 teams and none of them were able to get even half way.

Do they seem overtuned ?

Takes a lot of teamwork and communication. Its not just regular dungeons where ppl go in kill the boss and get loot. U have to work together, assign roles, come up with a stradegy and whatnot. Thats what makes maplestory 2 great nowadays. i do however have complains about the loot were getting. Its not of your class and its really annoying but u do get fragments. I mean, it pisses me off when i worked hard with my team to defeat the raid boss and the loot we get is not even of our class and is bind to one specific character.

Im made alot of suggestions to nexon to get inspiration from other successful franchises such "Destiny" from Bungie, World of Warcraft from Blizzard and so on. Even tho the suggestion were made for original maplestory. And they did listen! Which is awesome. Worry not things will only turn out for the better.
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE

Thats why u and ur team have to figure it out lol. Why u g2 be so lazy even with a video game. And the boss mechanic is not even hard. Play the normal adventure for shadow altar. Its almost exactly the same!
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE

This raid is so ez some guilds are already S>carries. If those guilds can do it u can do it.

Here ppl https://www.guilded.gg/MapleStory2/lfg
    Work for ur Loot!
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    https://www.guilded.gg/MapleStory2/lfg
    Find a group, get a mic, and work together
  • facefacefaceface
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,720
    edited 3:32PM November 13, 2018
    WiLBoY wrote: »
    omgTeal wrote: »

Go get more bonus gems, an epic pet to 50 and pop 4-5 pots with team pots. I've seen plus 12 players do more damage than a majority of +15s.

How the hell are you still +11. They literally did a 2x drop event.

This is exactly why people are complaining. Getting an lvl 50 epic pet, 4-5 teampots should not be a damage check requirement to complete said raid. I have cleared 2x on my +14 wiz, lvl 30 fd pet 1 tier5 offense gem and 2 tier 2 offense gems, 16percent pierce, 9 bd, max mpierce. Realistically, you need ur 8 dps doing around 70 to 80m if you have a competent hg that minimizes heal ads. My wizard just barely hit the 80m mark without deaths, though i do miss some jumps on the later phases. For those people that are spreading +12 is enuf, its quite evident it isn't, u'll prob make 50m mark with that trash +12. It's why pubs are requiring +14/15 as many people can't seem to die less than 3 times and hg missing. The baseline gear requirement is simply too high to clear, and the main issue is gear progression is gated by rng. There are some stuff that should be rng, bonus attribute etc, but when a raid simply needs +13 with hax gear or +14/15 with relatively worse gear wep reinforce should not be gated rng. It's either RNG or GATED one or the other, both is brain dead stupid. They shouldn't nerf cdev they need to make progress 1 faster, 2 less rng reliant. At least for a portion of power progression should not be rng. Failed 8 times 30percent to +14 on zerk, forever +13 life.