Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974
Closed

Gold Sellers vs Trump

LdySnowBunnyLdySnowBunny
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,715
in General Chat
Ok, I have to question the people in charge of removing images/themes from game for violating TOS/rules. After seeing the Trump image in Queens being removed the same day it appeared but I see MMO gold sellers sit for days even after being reported (house themes, image boards, balloons). This observation leads me to believe that gold sellers are not a big deal and Trump is the anti-christ from Nexon's view point. I'm not disagreeing that political or real life images shouldn't be in the game but this feels more biased than anything. Especially when I report things multiple times and see the same gold seller images and houses sit there in peace for days on end.
SephySamaAruteeruDragonicWolfKhalykAnOldGeezerRezi

Comments

• SephySamaSephySama
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 635
    Nexon >ORANGE MAN BAD, GOLD SELLERS GOOD!
    LdySnowBunnyKhalyk
  • VixroVixro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,380
    edited 6:31PM November 9, 2018
    I think they ban the bots once a week? Idk they said daily but I always see the same ones around.

Things like ad balloons nexon does infact manually remove sometimes. But ive seen bot bought houses that remain there from launch that have not been removed. Its weird
  • SecrotsSecrots
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,475
    Was his face used? That could be why. They seem very quick to act when real life pictures like that get used.
    Zantetsuken
  • LdySnowBunnyLdySnowBunny
    Secrots wrote: »
    Was his face used? That could be why. They seem very quick to act when real life pictures like that get used.

Re-read my post slower. It answers that. The question is why is Trump removed same day while bots are maybe removed in a week or more.
    SephySama
  • EinoEino
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    I have a feeling people have stopped reporting the Gold Seller stuff. When you see the same image every hour of the day, you might think it's pointless (even though a different bot account might have posted it).
    Eino wrote: »
    I have a feeling people have stopped reporting the Gold Seller stuff. When you see the same image every hour of the day, you might think it's pointless (even though a different bot account might have posted it).

I report every bot - everyday. I do my diligence in reporting, I expect the Nexon team to return the effort in removing the bots.
    SephySamaDragonicWolf
  • NeospectorNeospector
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,030
    Bots are removed; as noted, Nexon banned 10,000 bots in one day.

But bots are automated and all posting the same thing. So when a bot's image is removed, it's quick to be replaced. If you see a troll's image disappear it's because they were a troll, and they're not bothering to repost the image (certainly not at the same rates as bots are).

That having been said, even if that were the focus, who cares? I'm sick of people trying to flamebait with politics and memes. Don't defend them just because bots are also an issue.
    MiaosZantetsukenCarbonCoalAnOldGeezer
  • DarrithDarrith
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,495
    Speaking of houses, there’s a very interesting house design outside the western walls of Tria on NAE
  • PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    this could go for anything though, its a real life picture... any real life picture violates the rules. not just because its trump, i hope you realize that a sad majority of this game are trump supporters so i dont get why yall still assume that everyone that does as little as fart in your direction is bashing you for ur political beliefs
    edited 9:17PM November 9, 2018
    -removed image-

I've reported this house alone multiple times since it was first created. At this rate, the house will naturally expire (or be extended) before the GMs bother with it. Do you see the point I am trying make.
    SephySamaDragonicWolf
  • DarrithDarrith
    PinkFoxxy wrote: »
    i hope you realize that a sad majority of this game are trump supporters

That explains all the elitism. Bet they hate not being able to p2w tho
    edited 7:34PM November 9, 2018
    Darrith wrote: »

What does this have to do with me wanting Nexon to not ONLY deal with part of the TOS (removing images) but ALSO removing BOTS/Gold Sellers. I will repeat this "I AGREE with removing political/real world images from MS2." I don't think any of that bs belongs in my gaming. What I have a problem is, Trump images are immediately removed as it apparently feels hes being treated as Satan himself. While the gold sellers have houses, signs, balloons for days/weeks on end. If you don't see a problem with not treating all things violating the TOS with equality as a problem than you are also the problem.
    SephySamaDragonicWolf
  • DarrithDarrith
    Maybe the bots are being allowed to run rampant because Nexon is selling gold to players. Something to think about. They do in every other game so it wouldn’t shock me.
    Maybe the bots are being allowed to run rampant because Nexon is selling gold to players. Something to think about. They do in every other game so it wouldn’t shock me.

If you honestly believe that, I got some beach side property in Arizona I would like to sell you.
    SephySama
  • SephySamaSephySama

i take it you have not played many games, you will find (((elitism))) in any game it has nothing do do with trump.
  • SecrotsSecrots
    edited 7:48PM November 9, 2018

Re-read my post slower. It answers that. The question is why is Trump removed same day while bots are maybe removed in a week or more.

No it doesn't, that's why I asked you to specify. Based on replies though, it's not hard to deduce. I don't see why asking for clarity deserves a snarky answer.

Real life images like that are obviously going to take priority over gold selling. While they SHOULD be getting removed faster, the team here has already shown that they deserve trust in dealing with these situations. I'm going to go ahead and assume it has nothing to do with their political belief, and truthfully others should consider doing the same.
  • DarrithDarrith

If you honestly believe that, I got some beach side property in Arizona I would like to sell you.

Sorry it was a thread about Trump so I had to throw in at least one conspiracy theory
  • SephySamaSephySama

No it doesn't, that's why I asked you to specify. Based on replies though, it's not hard to deduce. I don't see why asking for clarity deserves a snarky answer.

Real life images like that are obviously going to take priority over gold selling. While they SHOULD be getting removed faster, the team here has already shown that they deserve trust in dealing with these situations. I'm going to go ahead and assume it has nothing to do with their political belief, and truthfully others should consider doing the same.

one would think dealing with gold sellers would take a higher priority then banning a img of trump....
  • SecrotsSecrots
    SephySama wrote: »

one would think dealing with gold sellers would take a higher priority then banning a img of trump....

I don't know why you would think a real life image of anyone wouldn't take priority over gold sellers.
    SephySama wrote: »

I would just be satisfied with equal priority.
This discussion has been closed.